[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BOS v NYK Thread (3/9)
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/9/2004  10:08 PM
What was the play lenny called, we had enough of time even after penny's blunder to run the play. Marbury panicked and jacked up a shot from beyond the 3 pt line. Make excuses up for him he can;t make bad decisions.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/9/2004  10:10 PM
Posted by 1:

Marbury's ego is too big. He always has to be the hero. He played like crap the entire game. This loss is on him.

Nah...Steph didn't want that last shot...he was waiting for Houston to free himself....Allan didn't and steph settled for the 3. Starting PF 1-7 and 2 points. Free throws....those are some of the reasons we lost.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/9/2004  10:10 PM
Penny messed the play by butchering the throwin. Then again, Lenny should have designed a backup plan. You know how I feel about Lenny as a coach anyways. That's one of the few things you and me agree on.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/9/2004  10:11 PM
Posted by playa2:

What was the play lenny called, we had enough of time even after penny's blunder to run the play. Marbury panicked and jacked up a shot from beyond the 3 pt line. Make excuses up for him he can;t make bad decisions.

I think the play was called for Hou but he couldn't get open. Marb couldn't get the ball to him.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2

3/9/2004  10:13 PM
SWEETS was showing why he was da man in college, he has improved with his on court awareness 100%. Houston would have loved the ball to be in his hands to show he is still our guy at crunch time when healthy. Remember when he hit the shot to send the game in OT against Dallas the garden went bonkers.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
EZV32
Member: #524
3/9/2004  10:16 PM
i work in boston, and now i gotta face the music tomorrow with all the C's fans at my work...oh well

but about Kurt Thomas, has anyone noticed that other teams have figured out his game really quickly...just run out on the pick and roll and get a hand up and he wont kill you. He wont drive past you, and hes definitely not posting anyone up. I think the Knicks should tweek that pick and roll with more of an emphasis on Marbury looking to score rather than give it off to Kurt.
"...sittin on more dubs than Lenny Wilkins" - Joe Budden
playa2

3/9/2004  10:16 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by playa2:

I think the play was called for Hou but he couldn't get open. Marb couldn't get the ball to him.

Are you kidding? He could have dribbled towards houston and handed him the ball all the time he spent back there sizing up chucky. Cmon man admit it he messed up. Steph will get an ear full in practice on who gets the ball at crunch time. ALLAN HOUSTON!(90% FT SHOOTER
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/9/2004  10:19 PM
Posted by EZV32:

but about Kurt Thomas, has anyone noticed that other teams have figured out his game really quickly...just run out on the pick and roll and get a hand up and he wont kill you. He wont drive past you, and hes definitely not posting anyone up.

Yeah....he doesn't even go towards the basket on the pick and roll....very predictable. Also, when his man doubles Steph athalf court and Steph gets him the ball there is no attacking the basket, no taking advantage.

I wonder how much his injury to his finger is hurting his play, and if Vin Baker is brought in will he go to the IL so Sweets and Vin can handle the PF spot.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/9/2004  10:24 PM
Posted by EZV32:

i work in boston, and now i gotta face the music tomorrow with all the C's fans at my work...oh well

but about Kurt Thomas, has anyone noticed that other teams have figured out his game really quickly...just run out on the pick and roll and get a hand up and he wont kill you. He wont drive past you, and hes definitely not posting anyone up. I think the Knicks should tweek that pick and roll with more of an emphasis on Marbury looking to score rather than give it off to Kurt.

i've been saying that forever now-K THOMAS IS GARBAGE

i asked it before and i will again--at the very least offensivly, how does kurt thomas have any value over mike doleac? doleac has the outside shot, and doleac at least can, and will, take it to the hole.

i'm sure someone on here will cry about how doleac can't drive well..note how i said "CAN" take it the hole.

Kurt Thomas literally CANT drive-physiclly impossible

kurt cant jump so his rebounding and shot blocking is negilible

kurt shouldve been the one shipped-not van horn
Yes! - Marv Albert
martin
USA
3/9/2004  10:24 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by martin:
Posted by playa2:

Are you kidding? He could have dribbled towards houston and handed him the ball all the time he spent back there sizing up chucky. Cmon man admit it he messed up. Steph will get an ear full in practice on who gets the ball at crunch time. ALLAN HOUSTON!(90% FT SHOOTER

watch the replay. Marb was waving for Hou to come to him. That was the play.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/9/2004  10:33 PM
So... it's kind of ironic. As I warned against, Chucky Atkins killed the Knicks with 4 3pt shots, practically matching Marbury's statistical output for the game.

It's also interesting how journeyman Mark Blount managed 17 boards against us.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
3/9/2004  10:39 PM
Penny killed it but Marbury to full of himself thinks hes "Mr. Clutch" went for it bad move and he gets the blame. If you think about all the trades i think we coulda got NM easily for KT due to his contract and would have kept KVH if thats the case oh well.
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/9/2004  10:39 PM
Naz in foul trouble,CrazyEyez no show,free throw garbage = L
!!!Knicks!!!
martin
USA
3/9/2004  10:40 PM
Posted by technomaster:

It's also interesting how journeyman Mark Blount managed 17 boards against us.

yeah, Both Nazr and Kurt had bad games.
martin
USA
3/9/2004  10:41 PM
Posted by EZV32:

hadn't noticed. Have to keep the eye out.
NYK8
USA
3/9/2004  10:45 PM
Props to Sweets for steppin in and performing his best Knick game.
!!!Knicks!!!
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
3/9/2004  10:49 PM
POO POO~ Why did Maurberry try to be the hero!
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
NYK8
USA
3/9/2004  10:53 PM
Cuz at times he has been.plus the play was screwed up on the pass and i would have not taken it to see Kurt wit the final shot.
!!!Knicks!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2004  11:00 PM
pay dudes big money, they should take last shot.

Refs rarely gonna call a last shot foul. unless its michael. But he gone now.

Go for the win on last shot, logical. Bad night all around. C's playing good ball these days. Give them credit, be fair, it ain't like the knicks are so great, they gonna get beat.

Im happy we got a rookie in the rotation. I wish frank was in it also. Moochie needs his fro back.
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
3/9/2004  11:00 PM
relax guys, one bad shot and now you guys are criticizing star, besides boston will be facing lakers and pacers next.

o yea btw, P HARD is so badd
BOS v NYK Thread (3/9)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy