[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is this the end for Othella Harrington?
Author Thread
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
3/9/2004  6:54 AM
Lenny says that Sweetney will be in the rotation the rest of the way. But he does have a fondness for O... nothing like playoff experience early in a career to help a player develop quickly.

[Edited by - TRU on 03/09/2004 11:00:33]
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/9/2004  7:30 AM
Foul trouble by KT and others will always get OH playing time.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2004  10:29 AM
othella has a hustle game, not a rythm game.. so he can come in anytime and give the team a boost. I do think all the minutes at the backup 4 should go to Sweetney.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/9/2004  10:59 AM
TRU....you mean Lenny said Sweetney will be in the roatation for the rest of the year right?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TRU
Member: #196
USA
3/9/2004  11:00 AM
Posted by Andrew:

TRU....you mean Lenny said Sweetney will be in the roatation for the rest of the year right?

my bad... you got me. editing as we speak. thanks.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
bernard
Member: #475
3/9/2004  11:31 AM
Didn't know Lenny said that. Great news, and another good coaching/personnel move. We saw what the vote of confidence did for Nazr. Let's hope for the same spark from Sweets. In any event, Lenny's putting out the message that the experimenting is done. We've got our team and it's time to set our rotations, get players used to their roles and the other guys they'll be playing with. That's just what we need heading into what could be a competitive stretch run and will certainly be a tough 1st round in the playoffs.

OT will still get random minutes, but how many of us really feel better seeing him at the scorer's table ready to check in than Sweets? Sweetney's got much more game, and infinitely more upside. If we're going to make any noise in the playoffs, we needs Sweets to keep on getting better so he can be a key asset.

Makes me wonder whether we really want Vinnie B.
playa2

3/9/2004  4:19 PM
Posted by bernard:

Didn't know Lenny said that. Great news, and another good coaching/personnel move. We saw what the vote of confidence did for Nazr. Let's hope for the same spark from Sweets. In any event, Lenny's putting out the message that the experimenting is done. We've got our team and it's time to set our rotations, get players used to their roles and the other guys they'll be playing with. That's just what we need heading into what could be a competitive stretch run and will certainly be a tough 1st round in the playoffs.

OT will still get random minutes, but how many of us really feel better seeing him at the scorer's table ready to check in than Sweets? Sweetney's got much more game, and infinitely more upside. If we're going to make any noise in the playoffs, we needs Sweets to keep on getting better so he can be a key asset.

Makes me wonder whether we really want Vinnie B.

Cmon bro stop giving Lenny personnel props, Zeke is still in the tunnel for a reason. All Lenny has control over is inserting players, but Zeke calls the shots on who gets run in the teams rotations.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
bernard
Member: #475
3/9/2004  4:29 PM
How do you know Zeke's doing Lenny's job? Sounds like propaganda to me. Falk's version of reality, perhaps: power hungry Isiah won't let winningest coach in history decide his rotation. I'm not buying it.

Lenny's been around a long, long time. He doesn't need the job, doesn't need the money. My guess is he's not going to put up with a GM telling him who to play and when. And Isiah's been around too. He knows your coach is going to do a better job for you if you let him do his job.
Posted by playa2:

Cmon bro stop giving Lenny personnel props, Zeke is still in the tunnel for a reason. All Lenny has control over is inserting players, but Zeke calls the shots on who gets run in the teams rotations.
playa2

3/9/2004  5:23 PM
Posted by bernard:

How do you know Zeke's doing Lenny's job? Sounds like propaganda to me. Falk's version of reality, perhaps: power hungry Isiah won't let winningest coach in history decide his rotation. I'm not buying it.

Lenny's been around a long, long time. He doesn't need the job, doesn't need the money. My guess is he's not going to put up with a GM telling him who to play and when. And Isiah's been around too. He knows your coach is going to do a better job for you if you let him do his job.

Lenny didn't have a freakin job are you kidding. The guy is just happy being in the league, now if you are to naive to know that Zeke will make it his business that his aquisitions get the proper run so he doesn't look bad for trading for them. "THOSE IN THE KNOW" Already knew that!
Posted by playa2:

metra
Member: #473
3/9/2004  5:42 PM
I do like Harrington's post game though.. His pump fakes are just fun too watch. Reminds me of a LJ a little.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/9/2004  10:32 PM
Posted by bernard:

Posted by playa2:

ditto. herb williams, maybe. lenny, nah.
Is this the end for Othella Harrington?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy