[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Allan Houston is a Tru Knick.
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/9/2004  3:21 PM
Posted by simrud:

Once again Houston is solid, but not even close to Ewing. How can you even critisize Ewing? He gave his all to the franchise. And Houston is no way a top 10 SG in the league.
Tmac
Kobe
Carter
Iverson
Redd
Allan
Finley
Pierce
Stojakovich
Lebron
And thats just of the top of my head. You can make an agrument that at their respective price tags Mobley, Kittles, Hamilton and the like are more valuable.

stojakovich is a small forward and finley have been playing so inconsistent the past two years. yes, he should be on the list. houston avg. at least 20 ppg the past three years and remain fairly healthy. lets put it this way. in the playoffs, who would you rather have playing for your team in the 4th quarter? houston is tops becuase he is clutch. you should know he is a great player in the playoffs. then to put cat and frigging kittles in the same breath? come on. matter of fact, i would throw that punk carter off that list for being a b***h and not playing in pain like most of the players on the list. real players play in pain. but i agree that houston and ewing production comparison are two entirely different levels. but remember one thing houston did. in 98 when ewing went down with a wrist injury, houston with lj put the team on his shoulders and led them to the playoffs. most sg would fold but houston jsut took the challenge head on.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/9/2004  3:34 PM
Will all of you that are bringing Allan's contract in on this debate just give it up? You can't hold that against him...no man refuses 100 mil.

He's obviously no Ewing, but it's hard to even compare the two because they are/were 2 completely different types of players.

The guy has great heart. While we dont want him to be the one carrying the entire load, he will if asked to. Now the Stephon is here allan will shine. He's deadly if u leave him alone and steph will be getting him great shots.

Good post TRU
NYK8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #320
USA
3/9/2004  4:21 PM
IMO,Houston is not in the elite Orange n Blue squad just yet due to nothing happen to the last 3yrs.Ewing,Oak,Mas,Starks brought it everynight n proved it by heading to the playoffs every year.

Now that he has a better team surrounding him n his game got better.He should be able to succeed the way we would like to see happen and theres a good shot at it to be among the top Orange n Blue Squad.So,Houston should be protected.
!!!Knicks!!!
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
3/9/2004  5:32 PM
I think you dont put Houston as one of the elite but as a TRUE knick is the point being made here. Houston has don big things for us and has been here mostly his whole career. Look at his stats last year i was shocked he scored 40+ but hes a great player when hes got the touch. Hes a true knick not for stats but for presence of him being here the longest and the way he carriers himself.
metra
Member: #473
3/9/2004  5:36 PM
How in the world can you talk about overpaid as the determining factor in judging Houston? Overpaid? Who cares! By how much.. a couple of million? Maybe even several million, it doesnt matter. He's the go-to-guy in ALL of our games (until recently, when Marbury came - which, btw, makes 2 excellent last second players).

Sure, i get a little pissed that he doesnt get boards or assists, but he's not that type of guy. He scores the points when we need them. When he's on fire, no one can stop him. Overpaid my ass. Penny's overpaid. That salary is ridiculous. For a bench player! Houston deserves the money. Penny doesnt.

If fans give up on Houston, they might as well give up on the Knicks. It ludicrous to scrap the whole team and get new players. You might as well just root for the Nets, cause you definately arent rooting for the Knicks. Houston is tradition and without him, the Knicks just arent the Knicks.
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
3/9/2004  5:43 PM
Posted by metra:

Penny's overpaid. That salary is ridiculous. For a bench player! Houston deserves the money. Penny doesnt.

Houston is also one of the top scorers ny has ever had and will by the end of his career be 2nd or 3rd.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2004  5:52 PM
What is a true knick? Knicks had one good run in 1968-74. Everything else is bloated bombast pretend teams to boost ratings and attendence.

True knick is overpaid, injury ridden, on the decline former allstar bought in for a draft pick or young player to restore excitement for a short time.

Abboration was 1994-95-96 teams whom underachieved in Jordans sabbatical. Some good teams whom gave 100% Too bad management did not! 1999 finals fluke was fun.
Allan Houston is a Tru Knick.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy