[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jkidd/Marbury Head to head!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/9/2004  5:48 PM
http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersAPGQuery.html

Marbury has the most assists this season @ 557 total.
AUTOADVERT
SuperNYK992
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #595
USA
3/9/2004  5:55 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersAPGQuery.html

you know wats screwed up? Ricky Davis is on that List
I dont know wether to laugh or to ....
Knicks forever!
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
3/10/2004  1:38 AM
Posted by bernard:

J Kidd is the most competitive player I've seen since MJ. He gets to loose balls most player wouldn't even try for. I have no idea how he comes up with half the rebounds or steals he gets. You'll see him driving to the hole full speed, 1 on 2, and it looks like a turnover waiting to happen, and he'll somehow get up a good shot. He leads his team by force of will. It's inspring to play with a guy like that and demoralizing to play against one.

Steph has more game. He's quicker. Better hops. Better J. Better D. Probably even a better ballhandler. And he plays to win as much as your typical superstar. But Kidd's competitiveness is very rare, and, in my view, it makes him more valuable than Steph.

Still, if you offered me Kidd for Steph today, wouldn't take the trade. If Kidd's better, it's not by a lot -- not 4 years better.

I'd be hesitant to agree with what you say is more game. I'd say Kidd is deceptively quick-- you don't expect someone with his size/build to move like him.

Marbury doesn't have the same deception, so it doesn't surprise you as much when he moves. Kind of like in baseball--- if a pitcher throws 95mph heaters, and that's all he throws... after a while you adjust. Kidd's has a better ability to control tempos and mix things up.

I'd also say Kidd is a better defender (doesn't he have some all-defensive team honors?) with his strong, quick hands and his all-out hustle. Marbury has the tools... but if he's not a great defender by now, he probably never will be...

Other than that, Marbury is the better player. :) Marbury still has upside just because he's younger. Maybe he can become a better leader, push himself even harder to get to loose balls, etc. But Kidd always had those intangibles, even when he was younger--- they're not something that can be learned.

It's easy to get from good to very good... than from very good to great.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/10/2004  7:21 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

How many games have kidd missed? PLZ
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Jkidd/Marbury Head to head!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy