Kinda Lopsided, but marbury's getting there
Knicks forever!
AUTOADVERT
EnYKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #600
USA
3/8/2004  6:23 PM
You can look at stats but i think J KIDD is the better PG but marbury isnt far behind and will only get better.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/8/2004  6:39 PM
Actually id say marbury is playing better as of late
metra
Member: #473
3/8/2004  6:42 PM
I agree. Marbury can own an injured Kidd any day of the week!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/8/2004  7:21 PM
Marbury can 'own' absolutely any PG in the league. The only reason Kidd is better is because he can setup people so well. Marbury will get there very soon.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
3/8/2004  7:57 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Marbury can 'own' absolutely any PG in the league. The only reason Kidd is better is because he can setup people so well. Marbury will get there very soon.

Don't forget those two Conference Titles.

Dog, even Howard Eisley could throw an extra two assists per game if he had all those Gazelles they have over there across the river. The Nets run a layup drill. Easier to rack up assists that way than passing to Dekembe.

[Edited by - TRU on 03/08/2004 19:57:40]
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/8/2004  9:42 PM
Posted by TRU:
Posted by Silverfuel:

Don't forget those two Conference Titles.

Dog, even Howard Eisley could throw an extra two assists per game if he had all those Gazelles they have over there across the river. The Nets run a layup drill. Easier to rack up assists that way than passing to Dekembe.

[Edited by - TRU on 03/08/2004 19:57:40]

yup..imagine trying to get assists with kurt thomas (pray he is making his flat footed mid range set shot), shandon cant make a layup anderson, mutumbo-enough said. houston of course is the exception.

kidd has a machine in k-mart and jefferson--kittles is a damn good 4th option to have.

still kidd is the best playmaker in the league.
Yes! - Marv Albert
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/8/2004  10:12 PM
kidd, the best play maker hands down. marbury, the better player all around. i'm not just saying that because he's the man. not just because he's a fellow crooklynite. i'm saying that because of the way we all know he can play as an individual, and due to the fact that he seems to be a completely different player since joining the knicks.
better numbers, alot less athletesism to work with.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/8/2004  10:14 PM
Lets put it this way, Kidd is almost 4 years older than marbury, I would say at 26(since marbury just turned 27 the other week) marbury is better than kid was at this age..... What seperates marbury from kidd is that steph is a premier scorer who can also dish just as well...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/8/2004  10:32 PM
Posted by tkf:

Lets put it this way, Kidd is almost 4 years older than marbury, I would say at 26(since marbury just turned 27 the other week) marbury is better than kid was at this age..... What seperates marbury from kidd is that steph is a premier scorer who can also dish just as well...

What seperates kidd and marbury is kidd taking his team to finals and Marbury wishing he ws playing in one instead of being like us watching on TV.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
3/8/2004  11:57 PM
Posted by daddynel:

kidd, the best play maker hands down. marbury, the better player all around. i'm not just saying that because he's the man. not just because he's a fellow crooklynite. i'm saying that because of the way we all know he can play as an individual, and due to the fact that he seems to be a completely different player since joining the knicks.
better numbers, alot less athletesism to work with.

The only question is, if me and you were at the courts, and you had first pick, who would you take? I'm with you, Daddy. Marb's gives you a slightly better chance to win, I think.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/9/2004  12:37 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by tkf:

What seperates kidd and marbury is kidd taking his team to finals and Marbury wishing he ws playing in one instead of being like us watching on TV.

So playa, I guess that makes Tony parker and charlie ward better than steph? because both of them as point guards led their teams to finals, parker with the spurs and ward with the knicks? you see how stupid and biased you sound?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/9/2004  7:20 AM
No fool, Tim Duncan(big man) is why those guys can be so freakin good in meanigful games. That's why I would have sold the house for Rasheed Wallace instead of starbury and took my gamble with Nazr and Rasheed FW instead of NAZR AND KT Starbury.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/9/2004  11:32 AM
kidd is the best point guard in the league period. in the playoffs he is a monster. you should look up kidd's field goal percentage in the 4th quarter. he is one of those rare players that takes over the games and will his team to victory. marbury is not far behind and he has not entered his prime yet. remember, kidd was 28 years old when he came to new jersey and turned his team as well as his life around. in a year or two we could say the same thing about marbury as the best point guard in the league.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2004  12:36 PM
Marbury is a better athlete and offensive force individually. If they were race car drivers, I would say Kidd is better at "driving the car" more effiecently.

Marbury and Kidd are both superior guards, but its a little apples and oranges type players. Kidd cannot shoot like marbury, but steph can't see things like Kidd.

Stats are not applicable here.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/9/2004  1:51 PM
there's no reason why Steph can't reach Kidd's level. He will have that chance now playing in NY and making the playoffs every year. He's only 26.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/9/2004  2:56 PM
Kidd is a kind of unique player--- he breaks the mold of a traditional PG because his game is so versatile. He's so good that it's tough comparing all other PGs in the NBA to him (exactly why people often say it's like apples to oranges). People ultimately use Magic Johnson. Kidd's teams tend to have a whole bunch of scores in the mid-teens gradually going down the list, since the ball gets spread around so much.

Marbury's mold is more clearcut--- names like Tim Hardaway, Isiah Thomas, Kevin Johnson immediately pop into my head, PGs who shoot a lot and control the ball, with 20-10 type of numbers. With Marbury and those other guys, you expect them to lead their teams in scoring more often than not, with a great divide between the leading scorers to the supporting cast.

But yeah, what it comes down to (as many have stated already), they're different types of players. Both are statistically excellent. Kidd's main weakness is his career FG%, low for an otherwise complete player. Marbury is outstanding statistically up and down the line.

Yet somehow we consider Kidd a better player--- it might have to do with the subtle things he does on the floor, how we perceive him moving the ball around and by watching his teammates seemingly have fun. Maybe it's the two or three fantastic passes he makes in a game.

There's not as much smooth flow in Marbury's game--- but so much of his game is him coming in and controlling the rock... too often he's the only guy that ever touches the ball.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/9/2004  3:04 PM
i think with kidd that makes him the best pg is how much he elevates everyone else's game. i mean, he kind of made k-mart and jefferson into stars. he makes the team better and he is an excellent leader. floor general in every sense of the word.
bernard
Member: #475
3/9/2004  4:48 PM
J Kidd is the most competitive player I've seen since MJ. He gets to loose balls most player wouldn't even try for. I have no idea how he comes up with half the rebounds or steals he gets. You'll see him driving to the hole full speed, 1 on 2, and it looks like a turnover waiting to happen, and he'll somehow get up a good shot. He leads his team by force of will. It's inspring to play with a guy like that and demoralizing to play against one.

Steph has more game. He's quicker. Better hops. Better J. Better D. Probably even a better ballhandler. And he plays to win as much as your typical superstar. But Kidd's competitiveness is very rare, and, in my view, it makes him more valuable than Steph.

Still, if you offered me Kidd for Steph today, wouldn't take the trade. If Kidd's better, it's not by a lot -- not 4 years better.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2004  5:16 PM
Kidd makes everyone around him better.

Steph is better than everyone around him.

Steph has some years to accomplish things, and I hope his leadership skill develope under Isiah.
Jkidd/Marbury Head to head!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy