[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: Knicks, eyebrows singed from white Heat, draw them back on with a felt tip pen & win: Knicks V Miami 04/30/12@
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/30/2012  10:52 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

But still, this game was lost by New York, who now really believe they can't win and are going through the motions because they do look like they've given up. Their defensive intensity is nowhere near how it was weeks ago. The offense is a mess. Woodson is showing he isn't the guy to take this team where they supposedly want to be.

Yes the body language was bad. I think the team sensed that Melo had given up after being clobbered and mauled by the Heat and not getting any calls. And once the others saw that they knew it was over.

We will probably make a stand and win one game but the series is all but over.

How do you keep going playing the minutes he played and getting pushed out of bounds under cut by two defenders, intentionally fouled at the end of the half, undercut while in the air, and raked over the arms every time you go strong without a call. Smith getting shoved by Wade for nothing, Novak getting held for nothing and etc. This is ridiculous and I am not the one to usually talk about the refs but when you barely breath on the other team and they get whistles what can you do.

Also add the dunk over Joel where Joel shoved Melo without the call. But it is what it is. Let's talk about the bad O.

AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/30/2012  10:56 PM
Clean wrote:Woody said teams are not leaving Novak open. Just because your players don't see that he is open does not mean he is not open.

Does it matter when Novak gets scared to shoot when someone closes out hard. I love Novak but sometimes he gets a little scared when he has one of the quickest releases in the league. Also, Ny's big need to learn how to set a proper screen or the shooters need to learn how to wait and run the defender into the screen.

thejerk
Member: #962
4/30/2012  11:02 PM
Look at the bright side, at least Phil jax is more of an option.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/30/2012  11:09 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

But still, this game was lost by New York, who now really believe they can't win and are going through the motions because they do look like they've given up. Their defensive intensity is nowhere near how it was weeks ago. The offense is a mess. Woodson is showing he isn't the guy to take this team where they supposedly want to be.

Yes the body language was bad. I think the team sensed that Melo had given up after being clobbered and mauled by the Heat and not getting any calls. And once the others saw that they knew it was over.

How do you keep going playing the minutes he played and getting pushed out of bounds under cut by two defenders, intentionally fouled at the end of the half, undercut while in the air, and raked over the arms every time you go strong without a call. Smith getting shoved by Wade for nothing, Novak getting held for nothing and etc. This is ridiculous and I am not the one to usually talk about the refs but when you barely breath on the other team and they get whistles what can you do.

Also add the dunk over Joel where Joel shoved Melo without the call. But it is what it is. Let's talk about the bad O.

yep. you nailed it.

i don't think people ever acknowledge what momentum killers those sort of bad calls are. and just demoralizing, too.

the knicks are getting absolutely jobbed by the refs in this series. you can say they gotta play through it, but they are not the better team here and these sorts of foul calls add up to just completely take away their chances.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/30/2012  11:09 PM
thejerk wrote:Look at the bright side, at least Phil jax is more of an option.

no thanks. i also don't think he's gonna be in any rush to coach a team that loses in the first round.

¿ △ ?
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

4/30/2012  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/30/2012  11:12 PM
The ref excuse has to end. Admit we aren't even in the vicinity of the Miami Heat or you're not being true to yourself.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

4/30/2012  11:21 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:The ref excuse has to end. Admit we aren't even in the vicinity of the Miami Heat or you're not being true to yourself.

so you don't think that getting within 4-6 pts a number of times is close enough that continuous calls can affect the game and morality?

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

4/30/2012  11:45 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

I am not blaming anyone but also recognizing that you have to work through all of that to beat the Heat. I think the refereeing was better than the last game but still nowhere near being fairly called. And yes we played bad offense in Q3 and Q4, whether people are ready to admit it or not. I don't blame Melo for being frustrated with the beating but the rest of team had nothing going. Woodson should work on making sure we go to Tyson for something like 25% of our possessions. Also need to FIND Novak he was WIDE open. As bad as STAT was, he wasn't being set up by our PGs, for a coach who wants to focus ALL his offense through two guys that's beyond lane, it's pathetic. I also think our Defense was really bad on stretches. This was a game we had to win and we came up short - That's where STAT is putrid and little Woody could have done about it w/ Shumpert out and JJ hurt.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
tkf
Member: #87
4/30/2012  11:45 PM
Knicksfan wrote:It isn't progress, Matt. The dust just hasn't settled to see the Knicks are just a corpse. Another year we are fooled by this team with another losing playoff run.

Im trough with this team. If this is our peak and this is the rigged NBA that we can expect, Im out.

the league is a joke when it comes to officiating.. WWF

we are not a smart team and we don't have a lot of talent.. not with lin and now shump out..

iso ball is not winning ball..

we could have kept the kids along with amare and still been a first round playoff victim, but we would have had our picks and cap space.. go figure..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Member: #87
4/30/2012  11:47 PM
MS wrote:I think it's very clear, that Knick fans have become losers. Loser that make accuses for this pathetic organization. We rebuilt for four years to win 1 ****ing playoff game? And I was being generous. As fun as it watching Melo isolate every possession, Woodson not running any plays, Amare not boxing out and giving Bibby more minutes then fields, this team has no future or hope. we have question marks at three position and won't have a bench next season.

Just no sense of urgency at all out there. No fight

you think that is fun to watch?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
5/1/2012  1:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/1/2012  1:35 AM
tkf wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:It isn't progress, Matt. The dust just hasn't settled to see the Knicks are just a corpse. Another year we are fooled by this team with another losing playoff run.

Im trough with this team. If this is our peak and this is the rigged NBA that we can expect, Im out.

we are not a smart team and we don't have a lot of talent.. not with lin and now shump out..

we could have kept the kids along with amare and still been a first round playoff victim, but we would have had our picks and cap space.. go figure..

The real joke is just about everybody and their mothers wants to trade Stat, but some people still want to cling to him as center piece with the Yooths still being a playoff team.

Yep injured Amare with fat boy Felton running the point (with Gallo out for 40% of the season and Mozzy warming the bench) would have attracted all of the 1 (deron wiliams) Super Stars that will had made it to Free agency before we had to resign those guys. But at lease the cap space looks sooooooooo pretty!!!!!!!!

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
crzymdups
USA
5/1/2012  1:57 AM
free throw totals from games 1 and 2:

Heat - 60 free throw attempts

Knicks - 30 free throw attempts

¿ △ ?
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/1/2012  7:29 AM
I just hate watching Lebron and Wade showboating around. They are such chumps, especially Lebron. He flops and struts. I am really glad he is not a Knick because I would have a hard time rooting for him.

Until I heard of the injury, I thought NY could win Game 3 and fight in 4. Now I am not so sure.

I agree with TKF, in that in the playoffs, you need more than just one scorer. ISO ball does not work now. The Knicks are playing straight through Carmelo and the problem is the HEAT know it and have designed all their D around it. When BD drives the lane, Chandler and STAT are open every time because their guys are looking at Melo. Melo has to deal with Battier/LBJ and then a second and third defender most times. He must find the open player and they must space themselves better to limit the double teaming.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/1/2012  8:06 AM
Anji wrote:
tkf wrote:

The real joke is just about everybody and their mothers wants to trade Stat, but some people still want to cling to him as center piece with the Yooths still being a playoff team.

Yep injured Amare with fat boy Felton running the point (with Gallo out for 40% of the season and Mozzy warming the bench) would have attracted all of the 1 (deron wiliams) Super Stars that will had made it to Free agency before we had to resign those guys. But at least the cap space looks sooooooooo pretty!!!!!!!!

+10000000000000000000000000000000

Yes indeedy, and don't forget Wilson's stellar showing in the Chinese league that translated to being out until next year. Promise and POHTENSHULL and draft picks and cap space and waiting until next year and hoping for 30 wins!! that's when Knicks basketball was fun!

Hey tk, since you're "trough", here's a link for you:

http://nuggets.proboards.com/index.cgi

holfresh
Member: #1081

5/1/2012  9:27 AM
Fields on Wade is a joke
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/1/2012  9:41 AM
holfresh wrote:Fields on Wade is a joke

fields on the court is a joke too

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/1/2012  10:42 AM
holfresh wrote:Fields on Wade is a joke

knicks as a whole are the joke

Knicks_Fan
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/1/2012  10:46 AM
Yet another letdown of a season.
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

5/1/2012  10:50 AM
U guys are great fans. Smh. I think the only error here is not getting the 6th seed. I commend the team for an enjoyable season and still hope they can have a good showing against the heat. Keep fighting knickerbockers.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/1/2012  11:05 AM
I've been a fan of this team for a long time and we fans have been through horrible stretches. We've sported a lot of terrible rosters that never had a chance, always hoping for a better tomorrow. I think this is why I think I might be at my lowest point as a fan of this team. Yes, we've been through "worse", but that "worse" was always expected because of the low quality in coaching and roster. This time, we seem to have a good coach and a solid roster, yet it seems we can't only implode when stakes are higher. Injuries suck and its amazing how many we get. Yet we still sport a team with talent enough to win a playoff game. So it would seem, but we don't seem to have the mindset for that. The Cavs loss, to me, has become the representation of many things that are wrong with this team. You can blame not getting the 6th seed because of any other loss, yet that isn't the point because this isn't even about that seed, but the immaturity in not showing up for that game. What has happened latter has been a team obviously mentally weak during the first two games of the playoffs, unprepared, not giving their all on effort and then one of its two supposed stars, "Amar'e", doing something as stupid as he did. All of this sh!t during our supposed "high time" where we have a solid roster, a solid coach and should be better prepared for a time like this.

Im not proud of this team, and I mean it like never before.

Knicks_Fan
GAME THREAD: Knicks, eyebrows singed from white Heat, draw them back on with a felt tip pen & win: Knicks V Miami 04/30/12@

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy