[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lampe Goes 4-4
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/7/2004  9:13 PM
Lampe is faring well in Phoenix. "Recent flareup at Suns practice started when Stoudemire and rookie Maciej Lampe went face-to-face and ended with Stoudemire taking an open-handed swipe at Lampe and connecting to the ex-Knick's face. "Amare's crazy," noted one teammate. Lampe, meanwhile, scored points with teammates for not backing down.

Sounds like a knick kind of player to me(didn't back down). I liked the way he put up his fist on draft night.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/7/2004  9:29 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Nalod:

I thought Lampe showd a lot of spunk. At 18, the boy got personality and drive. He publically handled everything very well, even when Isiah jumped on him.

I hope he has a long fruitful NBA career. Its silly to diss him and root bad on him just cuz he is not here anymore.

We got Marbury, and that was part of the deal.

Sometimes the only way to enjoy a Knick rookie develope is on other teams. LOL
totally. Lampe will be good. relax everyone.

strike that. Lampe has the potential to be good to great. Marbury is excellence.
Lampe could be excellence too. Marbury is excellent now. It happens. We made a trade that is working well for us, now...
metra
Member: #473
3/7/2004  9:43 PM
Posted by playa2:

Lampe is faring well in Phoenix. "Recent flareup at Suns practice started when Stoudemire and rookie Maciej Lampe went face-to-face and ended with Stoudemire taking an open-handed swipe at Lampe and connecting to the ex-Knick's face. "Amare's crazy," noted one teammate. Lampe, meanwhile, scored points with teammates for not backing down.

Wait.. was that all in good fun or...?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/7/2004  10:20 PM
I think we are overreacting to Lampe hitting a few shots.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/7/2004  11:15 PM
Posted by 1:

The Magic Lamp had a pretty good game tonight.

oh boy, I think we have to put this into perspective. Lampe actually went 4-6 in 11 minutes of garbage time. 2 TOs and 2 fouls.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/8/2004  1:46 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by 1:

oh boy, I think we have to put this into perspective. Lampe actually went 4-6 in 11 minutes of garbage time. 2 TOs and 2 fouls.

LOL
Yes! - Marv Albert
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/8/2004  7:23 AM
Posted by metra:
Posted by playa2:

Metra do you understand "flare up" and what it means.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2004  9:12 AM
Word is Amare is in the running as the new headcase in the league. Article quotes a a player on Suns that "he is nuts".

Amare needs to learn that there are players whom will kill for a spot in the league, and playing time. Good for Lampe, the boy is hard working and will make himself into a great player one day. He was about potential, not the present.

Not to many Euros, let alone 18yr olds have such an outgoing personality for a basketball player.

Sorry to see him go, but I understand.

I hope we can talk about how great him and Milos are doing in a year or so, AFTER we hoist our championship banner!
metra
Member: #473
3/8/2004  4:55 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by metra:

Metra do you understand "flare up" and what it means.

Uhh the reason i asked was cause something like that isnt exactly good for team chemistry. I was just trying to make sure if this was a joke or not...

Also, the quote "He is nuts," can mean any number of things - ranging from agressive on the court to he belongs in an asylum.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/8/2004  6:35 PM
there a link for this article?
tkf
Member: #87
3/8/2004  10:28 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by 1:

exactly....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
USA
3/8/2004  11:57 PM
What, if Lampe sucks that gonna make us feel better?

The dude was all about coming to NYC and playing ball. He was like a top 10 pick, freaking slid down, saw his teen millions slip, then in first round strutted up like a rock star and worked the crowd. Thats alot of poise. Rashard Lewis started crying.

I will alway root for this young dude and hope he come in to the garden and lights it up! Yeah I want the knicks to win the game. This dude won't hit his prime for 10 years! Im not knocking the trade or Marbury, just stating a fact.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/9/2004  1:55 AM
Posted by Nalod:

The dude was all about coming to NYC and playing ball. He was like a top 10 pick, freaking slid down, saw his teen millions slip, then in first round strutted up like a rock star and worked the crowd. Thats alot of poise. Rashard Lewis started crying.

what are you talking about? as i recall, all he did was put his fist up in there air and held it there. how the hell is that working the crowd like a rock star?
Yes! - Marv Albert
Rich
Member: #511
USA
3/9/2004  2:45 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I will alway root for this young dude and hope he come in to the garden and lights it up! Yeah I want the knicks to win the game. This dude won't hit his prime for 10 years! Im not knocking the trade or Marbury, just stating a fact.

Yes.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/9/2004  3:51 AM
Would everybody relax. Lampe will not have any impact on the NBA for at least 4-5 years. By the time he does, the Knicks will so much stuff happen, Lampe will become just an afterthoght. Cmon, seriosly, who is willing to rebuild for 5 years here? We needed a superstar now. Not 5 years from now. Especially considering our cap situation.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
USA
3/9/2004  12:54 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:
Posted by Nalod:

what are you talking about? as i recall, all he did was put his fist up in there air and held it there. how the hell is that working the crowd like a rock star?

He did not sulk or pout down like so many dudes whom fall. He did not cower down, he held his head up. Im a Knick fan, I don't mind if we built a team slow, I don't need instant "Dolan" gradification. That stuff does not work. Im rooting hard for this team, but Im realistic it might just turn into a nice contending team, not a year in and year out dynasty. We'll have some fun, but its all about cablevision and just running the ratings up. If I am wrong, great, as I said, I root for this team.

Too many years of lots of Bull, including the 1990s. Yeah, I don't trust the garden for a long time. I don't think they tried to put the best team out there, just a profitable. Year after year trading away assets to get that one role player whome might make the difference. ANd we still doing it. Lampe represented a deep hope, a few years down the road asset whom we could enjoy grow up and perhaps play ball. Jury is out on that, and we won't know the answer.

Do I want a 27 year old superstar guard? Hell yeah, but I also want draft picks and home grown team with staying power. Old arguement here anyway. For Lampes detractors, I hope he rips the knicks a new one in few years in the garden. Milos also! Some of you dudes called him a wuss for taking 2 mil a year and staying in Europe than rot on the knick bench. Smooth move in my view, I hope he too rips the team one day for the few of you. It will take time. And I like it when Marbury visits his old teams and schools them. Just Put up the wins!

Im all for getting marbury, but ripping dudes we trade whom have yet to mature is silly.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/9/2004  1:36 PM
Draft picks are useless most of the time considering we draft at best around 8-9. Aside from Ewing, what was the last draft pick that stuck aroud? And don't bring up Ward, he was the reason we did not win the title.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
USA
3/9/2004  2:02 PM
Posted by simrud:

Draft picks are useless most of the time considering we draft at best around 8-9. Aside from Ewing, what was the last draft pick that stuck aroud? And don't bring up Ward, he was the reason we did not win the title.

Thats the point! We keep giving up on picks, or trading them away.

It takes time. Even Sweets and Frank on the bench are good things for us, assets we have not had in some time. I don't know Laydogs plan, but he was stockpiling for a reason. One of which was Marbury. Getting Milos in the second round was a patient move.

Im ok with no pick this year so long as we not lotto bound. But in the future, we need to develope talent. Its also less expensive.

In the 90's, it was patchwork for patrick.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
3/9/2004  2:16 PM
Posted by Nalod:

[quote]Posted by Nalod:

Milos also! Some of you dudes called him a wuss for taking 2 mil a year and staying in Europe than rot on the knick bench. Smooth move in my view, I hope he too rips the team one day for the few of you.

Milos was and is a wuse. He would not have sat on the bench. He was going up against ward and eisley! He would have been starting in ~5-10 games if he had any talent Face it the guy was afraid and stayed away. I hated ward and couldn't wait for this guy, but if he doesn't want to play here good riddance.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Nalod
USA
3/9/2004  5:44 PM
Milos was not ready this year to join. He gets 2 mil to play in the top euro league. Beats riding the pine with idiot points overpaid getting run in front of him.

Perhaps Laydog and his band of merry men encouraged him to contiue his developement.

Knicks were never going to hand him the keys this year anyway.
Look at what frank had to do to get any run. Points moot anyway, either Laydog or Thomas were bringing in Marbury to drive the bus.
Lampe Goes 4-4

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy