[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

more PT for sweet against toronto
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
3/5/2004  3:27 AM
OTHELLA HARRINGTON did not travel with the Knicks to Toronto because of personal reasons, the team said. He will join the Knicks for their game Sunday in Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/05/sports/basketball/05KNIC.html

That's cool, more PT for sweet. I can't wait to see what he can do with more time on the floor.
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/5/2004  5:50 AM
First Nazr, now Sweetney...
raven
Canada
3/5/2004  7:38 AM
You should instead see things in that way :

first eisley, now anderson
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/5/2004  8:33 AM
good just get Othella and Anderson the hell out of the rotation once Deke comes back!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/05/2004 08:33:48]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/5/2004  9:21 AM
Excellent, just the other day I was asking my friend how come this bum never gets hurt. Hopefully Sweetney has another good game of the bench and fazes this uncharacteristically awful Georgetown alumnus out of the rotation.

This will reduce our big man rotation to Nazr, Thomas, and Sweetney, all guys who can run and rebound, and actually play some D. Othello just fells everything that moves and jacks every shot he can, he is the freaking black hole of basketball, the guy turned into Kevin Willis in his late years.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
TRU
Member: #196
USA
3/5/2004  9:43 AM
Posted by simrud:

Excellent, just the other day I was asking my friend how come this bum never gets hurt. Hopefully Sweetney has another good game of the bench and fazes this uncharacteristically awful Georgetown alumnus out of the rotation.

This will reduce our big man rotation to Nazr, Thomas, and Sweetney, all guys who can run and rebound, and actually play some D. Othello just fells everything that moves and jacks every shot he can, he is the freaking black hole of basketball, the guy turned into Kevin Willis in his late years.

O is really not bad. He's just topped out-- no upside. This is as good as he's going to get, which isn't that great.

One of the problems with Knicks Culture is the reluctancy to develop new players, as we know. As soon as it's certain that this guy isn't going to be a really special player, scrap for someone who's got some kind of potential... like your first round draft pick maybe?
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
simrud
USA
3/5/2004  9:48 AM
No, OH is really bad. They guy can't guard his gradma in the post one on one. He shoots every time he touches the ball, no matter where he is. He sometimes thinkgs he is a PG and brings the ball up just to turn it over. I clearly remember him costing us a comeback win when he threw the ball away while runnin the break. He is not even a good defensive rebounder. His best asset is his offensive rebouding, but even that is diminhsed by the fact that he alwasy puts it back up n omatter how many shotblocker are on him and ofcousre he gets stuffed like a thankgiving turkey. He seems like a reincarnatin of Fatspoon to me if anything. When are we gonna get rid of that no ups I get stuffed every other shot I put up undersized fat PF lol.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
3/5/2004  10:54 AM
C'mon, somebody back me up here-- OH is a decent post defender, man. He's all hussle, and an occasional spark off the bench. But to call him Clarence Weatherspoon? C'mon, he's a Hoya for chriyssake. He's undersized, though. I don't understand why a kid who knew he was only 6-9 wouldn't learn to dribble or shoot a mid range jay, knowing that in College/Pros he'd be too small to have an affect at the 4 or 5 positions...
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
gunsnewing
USA
3/5/2004  10:57 AM
His biggest problem is he's too small to defend and he's not agile enough to stay with smaller guys and he can shoot. That too me sounds like a bench warmer.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/05/2004 13:10:11]
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/5/2004  11:12 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

His biggest problem is he's too small to defend and he's not agiel enough to stay with smaller guys and he can shoot. That too me sounds like a bench warmer.

i think you are talking about othello which is true. he has lost a step and sometimes "plays"undersized. if it is sweetney the jury is still out. in the philly game, i noticed many things i liked. he was quicker than he was in the beginning of the year. his foot work in the post is much better and he can create his shot in the post. remember that he has an amazing wingspan so he is capable of playing "big" instead of the undersized label. he also has nice hands for rebounding which is something othello always lacks. how many rebounds slipped through othello's hands? too many to count. but i saw sweetney grabbing rebounds in crowds. he still kept up with a quicker dalembert. plus he is starting to develop a 15 foot range which he did in college his last year. he has a lot of pluses and to see him go up against the other pick from the class, chris bosh, will be great.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/5/2004  11:56 AM
HOW MANY GAMES HAS OH been the best big man on the court for us DRAWING FOULS AND GETTING TO THE FREE THROW LINE AND PLAYING DEFENSE IN POST. You guys a re sooooo funny.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2004  11:59 AM
Posted by playa2:

HOW MANY GAMES HAS OH been the best big man on the court for us DRAWING FOULS AND GETTING TO THE FREE THROW LINE AND PLAYING DEFENSE IN POST. You guys a re sooooo funny.

none? But I do remember him picking up late T's when we were only down by a couple in a recent game.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/5/2004  12:10 PM
Martin I dare you to look up for the season and see how many times OH led us in rebounding. Scoring, AT LEAST ONE TIME IN THAT CATERGORY. You might be shocked.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
simrud
USA
3/5/2004  1:00 PM
Anybody who thinks Othella plays and kind of post D just does not pay attention to him in the game. He cannot defend anything in the post. Any player with rudimentary post moves eats him up. Or gets felled by OH. That all would have at least be bearable if not for the fact that he jacks up everything he gets his hands on.
gunsnewing
USA
3/5/2004  1:13 PM
I was really impressed with Sweetney last game when on that one sequence he snatched a Rebound in traffic with his huge hands then he ran the break with Stephon toe to toe and steph gave him the ball and he layed it up. He looked so quick..i was shocked! IMO that sequence there sums up what he was about in Georgetown.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/5/2004  10:29 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I was really impressed with Sweetney last game when on that one sequence he snatched a Rebound in traffic with his huge hands then he ran the break with Stephon toe to toe and steph gave him the ball and he layed it up. He looked so quick..i was shocked! IMO that sequence there sums up what he was about in Georgetown.
true guns, and if he did'nt get the ball on the break, he'd keep running straight to his post spot. teeing up anybody who tried to play D on him.
for all you guys that did'nt pay that much attention to him in college, or just don't watch college ball, he's alot quicker than he looks. not to mention he has a decent mid-range shot.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/5/2004  10:31 PM
If he got in better shape, he might be awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
3/5/2004  11:14 PM
Posted by Rich:

If he got in better shape, he might be awesome.

definitely...no question about it! Wait til Next year. He's a hardworker.
raven
Canada
3/6/2004  6:49 AM
It's great to have youth in the pipe, to raise our own rooks. Hope he'll play more than OH in the next games. I'd like to see him ready to play 15' a game for the playoffs.
more PT for sweet against toronto

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy