[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vin Baker

Author Poll
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
If Thomas can sign vin, will he, and will he be a valuable piece in this franchise?
Thomas won't sign vin, either because he still is on the celtics, or he just won't sign him
Thomas will sign him, and he will be the next Spoon
Thomas will sign him, and he will be a contributing role player
Thomas will sign him and he will be a big factor in the franchise
Thomas will sign him, and he will be cut for his alcohalicism(sp?)
Thomis will sign him, and he will be cut for lack of performance
View Results

Author Thread
EnYKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #600
USA
3/5/2004  12:12 AM
Whats the point of signing this guy?? hes not the same guy and i rather have sweetney or tumbo out on the spot then him.
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/5/2004  1:01 AM
I agree. I will be pissed if he takes PT away from Sweetney.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
3/5/2004  3:00 AM
agree too. Sweet is far more important for our future. The strides he has made prove he deserves some more PT.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/5/2004  7:08 AM
He won't come to usnow , too much money to lose from Celtic contract
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/5/2004  8:35 AM
Posted by playa2:

where is he gonna get more money?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
3/5/2004  3:43 PM
Has'nt the period for signing free agenst eligible for the playoffs expired? And if so... would'nt that render Baker ineligible for us in the post-season if we pick him up next week. Unless there's some kind of exception?
Thoughts?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/5/2004  3:49 PM
good question...if thats the case I rather not even bother.
playa2

3/5/2004  4:25 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by playa2:

Why do you think he hasn't signed yet . NBA has issued a memo to all 29 teams, barring them from signing Baker until his arbitration case against the Celtics is settled.

Baker

The NBA explained that it issued the Baker memo because if he wins his arbitration case, his contract would be reinstated and he'd return to the Celtics.

Dan Wasserman, spokesman for the players' union, said Thursday that arbitrator Roger Kaplan will conduct the hearing in New York.

[Edited by - playa2 on 03/05/2004 16:28:23]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
martin
USA
3/5/2004  4:33 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

Has'nt the period for signing free agenst eligible for the playoffs expired? And if so... would'nt that render Baker ineligible for us in the post-season if we pick him up next week. Unless there's some kind of exception?
Thoughts?

I don't have the exact quote, but somewhere in Insider this week there was a snippet near the end of the article that said player must be released from a team by 1 March in order to be eligible to sign on anther team for the playoffs. I don't know when the playoff rosters have to be set.
martin
USA
3/5/2004  4:37 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by martin:
Posted by playa2:

Why do you think he hasn't signed yet . NBA has issued a memo to all 29 teams, barring them from signing Baker until his arbitration case against the Celtics is settled.

Baker

The NBA explained that it issued the Baker memo because if he wins his arbitration case, his contract would be reinstated and he'd return to the Celtics.

Dan Wasserman, spokesman for the players' union, said Thursday that arbitrator Roger Kaplan will conduct the hearing in New York.

[Edited by - playa2 on 03/05/2004 16:28:23]

well duh. If he gets to keep his contract with the Celtics he will be in the best position to make the most money (this year and the following years); everyone knows that it and we have read all the articles over the past couple of days. But the scenario that was started in the thread was assuming Baker was not going to be on the C's.
playa2

3/11/2004  8:09 AM
UPDATE:

AARON GOODWIN, the agent for VIN BAKER, said he believed that the arbitrator ROGER KAPLAN would rule Thursday that the N.B.A. cannot block Baker from signing with another team. If that happens, however, Baker will not make a decision immediately. "It will be within a few days of the ruling," Goodwin said. "There is no front-runner, it's still Toronto, Miami, New York." ISIAH THOMAS, the Knicks' president, has said his interest in Baker is "extremely high."

spreeeewell
Member: #436
3/11/2004  9:45 AM
I believe Isaih is hoping that Baker can play real good for us the rest of the year, and use him as trade bait in the summer. Believe me Isaih has a master plan for next year and the future.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Vin Baker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy