-Loved the old(youth) Knicks
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Hate Dolan, so they think every organizational move reeks of it
-Miss Walsh
-Hated D'Antoni resigning/getting fired

And somehow through all this turmoil, undermanned, the Knicks are battling, beating teams with defense and timely offense. And somehow, a select few still continue to poo poo on what's supposed to be a "Feel Good" win. Whatever happened to "Enjoying the Ride"? Have we been scarred for so long by over a decade of futility that we forgot how to have fun? Seems like everytime the Knicks have a little bit of success, one small contingent of fans will always dismiss it, blast it, criticize for whatever reason.

Somewhat agree with this but why can't you:

- Love Linsanity
- Have liked MDA and moving the ball

and still:

- Enjoy Woodsanity
- Hate Dolan
- Like the Knicks old new whatever

Remember before, during, and after Linsanity when there were those who were EUPHORIC about the winning streak and then the subsequent posters who were all "hey now don't get carried away"?

Not discounting "Linsanity", because that period saved the season, but alot of posters (especially the new ones) have not brought anything positive since the transition to "Woodsanity". And alot of posters would rather the ball be in Jeremy's hands scoring instead of our best player's, Melo's hands during closing time. I don't mind Lin bringing the ball up and being our distributor and lane driver if the D gets stagnant, but some people actually want Lin to be the leading scorer like the "Linsanity" streak, which obviously is a fantasy.

Nobody has said lin should be the main score so i dont know eher you got that. The only reason lin was the main scorer during linsaity was because he had to eb with melo and amare out. Lin would be teh first oen to tell you that he doesn't want the burden of running the offense and alos having to score 25 a game

You've been here less than 2 weeks and you think no one has said that? Go back in your hole, jackass.

Chuck, this is not what we want on this site. No more posts like this.

Its ok Martin Chuck is a good fan he just need to calm down

I retract my name calling, Irish. Sorry. Hope we can continue to post positive threads going forward.

U do know there is a positive stuff thread started by one of the haters for those type of postings..

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/10/2012  1:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:It's always some agenda with some posters:

-Hated the Melo trade
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Miss Walsh

And somehow through all this turmoil, undermanned, the Knicks are battling, beating teams with defense and timely offense. And somehow, a select few still continue to poo poo on what's supposed to be a "Feel Good" win. Whatever happened to "Enjoying the Ride"? Have we been scarred for so long by over a decade of futility that we forgot how to have fun? Seems like everytime the Knicks have a little bit of success, one small contingent of fans will always dismiss it, blast it, criticize for whatever reason.

- Love Linsanity

and still:

- Enjoy Woodsanity
- Hate Dolan

Remember before, during, and after Linsanity when there were those who were EUPHORIC about the winning streak and then the subsequent posters who were all "hey now don't get carried away"?

Not discounting "Linsanity", because that period saved the season, but alot of posters (especially the new ones) have not brought anything positive since the transition to "Woodsanity". And alot of posters would rather the ball be in Jeremy's hands scoring instead of our best player's, Melo's hands during closing time. I don't mind Lin bringing the ball up and being our distributor and lane driver if the D gets stagnant, but some people actually want Lin to be the leading scorer like the "Linsanity" streak, which obviously is a fantasy.

Nobody has said lin should be the main score so i dont know eher you got that. The only reason lin was the main scorer during linsaity was because he had to eb with melo and amare out. Lin would be teh first oen to tell you that he doesn't want the burden of running the offense and alos having to score 25 a game

You've been here less than 2 weeks and you think no one has said that? Go back in your hole, jackass.

I retract my name calling, Irish. Sorry. Hope we can continue to post positive threads going forward.

U do know there is a positive stuff thread started by one of the haters for those type of postings..

Lol noted.

earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
4/10/2012  2:18 PM
I feel,confident that we have a decent chance against the bulls in a 7 game series. I think our defense is close enough to theirs and our offense is better. To put it simply.

For the record, JR's bad shooting against the bulls had little to do with their defense. He creates with no problem but if his confidence is off, so is his shot.

Having two great defenders, or at least one in Shump (JR being very good) is enough to really really slow them down due to Rose being overly impt to that team. We also have a great center to protect the paint.

Now, if Lin is playing, that gives us 3 very good to great scorers in crunch time. If we have one of Lin or Stat back and healthy in the playoffs, I just see the bulls having problems scoring enough, and add to that Stats mastery of his counterpart. Our defense is great, and our offense is damn good to great.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/10/2012  2:28 PM
BasketballJones wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:It seems to me that everyone is pretty happy right now

In general yes they are

Euphoric.

Over the top

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/10/2012  5:17 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man May Not Be Right, But He Is Never Wrong

Bonn1997 wrote:You got it all wrong. We're not unhappy because some are celebrating too loudly. We just don't like being called haters because we don't celebrate loudly enough.

Bonn1997 - did someone call you a hater?

Tell me who did and I'll punch his lights out.

To be clear, I could care less whether you celebrate or are sour-faced. It's only basketball and the Knicks are too much fun.

Please pass me an extra noisemaker and party hat.

Beat Chicago.

Thanks; I get called a Melo-hater pretty often. I would be happy if you punched MrKnickFans lights out. JK!

Are you referring to me? I never called you a hater! I called you an As$hole!

haha - just kidding

Yeah, I meant you. You're the persons that MisterEarl needs to punch the lights out of!
foosballnick
Member: #3148

4/10/2012  7:37 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
misterearl wrote:Sad Day On A Discussion Forum

Michael Jordan drops 55 on the Knicks. Bulls fans euphoric.

Carmelo Anthony drops 43 on the Bulls. Select few Knicks fans unhappy because other Knicks fans are celebrating too loudly.

Police are called to the scene to investigate.

You got it all wrong. We're not unhappy because some are celebrating too loudly. We just don't like being called haters because we don't celebrate loudly enough.

Interesting. Just who are the "we"? This thread was started to admonish fans who might have been cheering too loudly after the Knicks shorthanded win over the #1 Team in the East (and a very exciting game to boot). It was also started to bait posters who might take a more postitive outlook to the Knicks ("The Euphoria is a little over the Top"....perhaps it is the title of this thread that is a bit over the top). And yet you try unconvincingly to turn it all around and play the victim here. How bout you question the OP's motives instead?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/10/2012  9:23 PM
"We" are me and all of the other posters who are correct!
skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
4/10/2012  9:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  9:47 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:

-Hated the Melo trade
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Miss Walsh

- Love Linsanity

and still:

- Enjoy Woodsanity
- Hate Dolan

Dont worry about it Chuck

If it's any consolation, you're one of the new posters that I actually give props to basketball knowledge wise, for what it's worth. The rest of the noobs can suck it(sorry Martin)

Chuck, what's wrong with being new on UK? I mean you're "only" 4 months older than ol' irish here.

Legalize di NBA
ChuckBuck
USA
4/10/2012  10:04 PM
skeng wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:

-Hated the Melo trade
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Miss Walsh

- Love Linsanity

and still:

- Enjoy Woodsanity
- Hate Dolan

If it's any consolation, you're one of the new posters that I actually give props to basketball knowledge wise, for what it's worth. The rest of the noobs can suck it(sorry Martin)

Chuck, what's wrong with being new on UK? I mean you're "only" 4 months older than ol' irish here.

Yea, I'm still a relative babe here. Sorry for the age discrimination.

skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
4/10/2012  10:16 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
skeng wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:

-Hated the Melo trade
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Miss Walsh

- Love Linsanity

and still:

- Enjoy Woodsanity
- Hate Dolan

Yea, I'm still a relative babe here. Sorry for the age discrimination.

no need to apologize, it's fine. It isn't a new thing either.. :)

Legalize di NBA
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

4/11/2012  12:24 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man May Not Be Right, But He Is Never Wrong

Bonn1997 wrote:You got it all wrong. We're not unhappy because some are celebrating too loudly. We just don't like being called haters because we don't celebrate loudly enough.

Bonn1997 - did someone call you a hater?

Tell me who did and I'll punch his lights out.

To be clear, I could care less whether you celebrate or are sour-faced. It's only basketball and the Knicks are too much fun.

Please pass me an extra noisemaker and party hat.

Beat Chicago.

Thanks; I get called a Melo-hater pretty often. I would be happy if you punched MrKnickFans lights out. JK!

Are you referring to me? I never called you a hater! I called you an As$hole!

haha - just kidding

Yeah, I meant you. You're the persons that MisterEarl needs to punch the lights out of!

Probably because I posted that picture of you. I see that really got to you.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/11/2012  8:12 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:

-Hated the Melo trade
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Miss Walsh

- Love Linsanity

and still:

- Enjoy Woodsanity
- Hate Dolan

not for nothing, but irish joined the site in march and you joined in january, does being here 2 months longer really qualify you as a veteran?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
ChuckBuck
USA
4/11/2012  9:33 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:

-Hated the Melo trade
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Miss Walsh

- Love Linsanity

and still:

- Enjoy Woodsanity
- Hate Dolan

not for nothing, but irish joined the site in march and you joined in january, does being here 2 months longer really qualify you as a veteran?

Nope, I'm a still a rookie.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
4/11/2012  11:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2012  11:23 PM
Dr Feelgood

The euphoria of winning a must-win game in rugged, determined and defensive fashion is not over the top.

It is satisfyingly serene and confident.

It makes the beer tastes better and makes your woman a skootch more attractive.

It makes you consider wearing your Knicks socks to work.

This feeling makes the playoffs worth watching.

Why?

We will silence your home crowd.

You come in our house, no matter who you are, and you WILL work.

Bring it.

once a knick always a knick
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
4/11/2012  11:31 PM
What's brilliant about this thread is that euphoria is, by definition, a little over the top.

Stick that in your send closk and smoke it.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
ChuckBuck
USA
4/11/2012  11:37 PM
Whatever euphoria is or feels like, I got it right now. Knicks are my drug!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/12/2012  12:02 AM
guys, calm down! the knicks may be 12-4 under woodson, but it's a small sample size!
¿ △ ?
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

4/12/2012  12:18 AM
crzymdups wrote:guys, calm down! the knicks may be 12-4 under woodson, but it's a small sample size!

Like my latest semen analysis.

This euphoria is a little over the top

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy