Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Nalod wrote:Nobody is putting Melo down, or the Win.

Its just not "scream at the top of your lungs" kind of thing.

It was a win. Bulls are good. they choked, Knicks got hot. It will happen.

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I think the problem is with the title of the thread and the word "euphoria" When none of the "melo lovers/dantoni haters/woodson lovers" are making unrealistic proclamations like beating the Heat as the thread topic suggests

Yeah, it's not the euphoria that's over the top. It's the hypersensitivity to anything remotely critical of Melo.

So we beat chicago and Melo carries the team yet we are still reaching for ways to be critical of Melo? Thats what "the other contingent" doesn't understand

That's the norm for any player who is a superstar. You ever read about how Lebron or Kobe is treated, including after wins? They should stop calling Melo a superstar if they don't want him treated like one.

The odd thing is no one took a shot at Melo on this thread and yet this infestation of rabid defenders spin their own retorts till they reach some critical mass in a feeding frenzy type situation. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

You must have missed blobmans posts in this thread. Also, as Crush pointed out, you are the one with "We are Toast" in your sig....Whatis that supposed ot imply?

Don't read what Crush posts had to put him on ignore. Changed my sig to this when Lin and STAT got hurt. Should I have asked for permission first?

Not permission, I just asked for clarification. But, since you wrote "We Are Toast" after Stat and Lin were injured, I would think you, especially would be very excited with our victory over the best team in the east while we are short handed. On top of that, we are, I believe 5 or 6-2 since Lin and Stat has gone down. That should call for excitment, no?

Ok so now I need you tell me how excited I should feel? I asked a question about Woody's offense because i perceived a shortcoming and wanted to discuss it. Instead there are 14 different idiots who took an innocent subject line over analyzed it to death created their own ****ing alternate reality and proceeded to pat each other on the back for weeding out a fake Knicks fan. And I need to justify what to you?

Take it easy, bro. I know its hard to read intentions through a comp screen, but there is no intentional agnst at all in my post. From one fan to another, I just suggested that perhaps a fan who lowered their expectations once two important pieces went down, that one might think that 'said fan' would be pleasantly suprised and excited by just beating the best team in the east, the same team that thrashed us twice while at full strength weeks before.

As far as the offense is concerned, we are averaging over 100 per, and yes the offense does stall a bit, but 2 of our top 3 offensive weapons are on the shelf right now. Woodson is more of a defensive coach and the focus is more on that end as it is with most defensive coaches. If you watched the Bulls on offense down the stretch, it was either Rose PNR or Rose iso. Its the way of the league like it or not. BTW, wht kind of fluent offense ca we really run without a pg?

Down the stretch of important games the stars are going to touch the ball often. James and Wade take turns isoing, which creates shots for themselves and teammates, same with Dirk, Durant etc.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/9/2012  11:16 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I think the problem is with the title of the thread and the word "euphoria" When none of the "melo lovers/dantoni haters/woodson lovers" are making unrealistic proclamations like beating the Heat as the thread topic suggests

Yeah, it's not the euphoria that's over the top. It's the hypersensitivity to anything remotely critical of Melo.

So we beat chicago and Melo carries the team yet we are still reaching for ways to be critical of Melo? Thats what "the other contingent" doesn't understand

That's the norm for any player who is a superstar. You ever read about how Lebron or Kobe is treated, including after wins? They should stop calling Melo a superstar if they don't want him treated like one.

The odd thing is no one took a shot at Melo on this thread and yet this infestation of rabid defenders spin their own retorts till they reach some critical mass in a feeding frenzy type situation. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

You must have missed blobmans posts in this thread. Also, as Crush pointed out, you are the one with "We are Toast" in your sig....Whatis that supposed ot imply?

Don't read what Crush posts had to put him on ignore. Changed my sig to this when Lin and STAT got hurt. Should I have asked for permission first?

Not permission, I just asked for clarification. But, since you wrote "We Are Toast" after Stat and Lin were injured, I would think you, especially would be very excited with our victory over the best team in the east while we are short handed. On top of that, we are, I believe 5 or 6-2 since Lin and Stat has gone down. That should call for excitment, no?

Ok so now I need you tell me how excited I should feel? I asked a question about Woody's offense because i perceived a shortcoming and wanted to discuss it. Instead there are 14 different idiots who took an innocent subject line over analyzed it to death created their own ****ing alternate reality and proceeded to pat each other on the back for weeding out a fake Knicks fan. And I need to justify what to you?

Sorry man you asked for it by creating this thread after yesterdays big win. When you make controversial threads like that you have to expect strong reaction given the timing. You have to be prepared to take it. It's just an argument nothing personal with anyone here

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/9/2012  11:21 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

I know Guns and MSG3 posted this before but again my reaction is to the general disapproval that I perceive in your posts to the current coach and Melo.
"They can compete," Bulls center Joakim Noah said after the game. "We can't sit here and take that away from them. They're a tougher team than they were before. There's no doubt about that. They play hard every possession. I mean every possession. They're tough. They keep coming. They're showing a lot of heart. And they've got someone to give the ball to when it counts in Melo. I've got to give him credit.
"Actually, they can brag a little bit," said Rose, shockingly. "[The Knicks] know where to get the ball to now. Guys aren't taking many silly shots. Melo's at least touching the ball when they come down the court now. They're running the offense through him and he's making plays. He's hitting tough shots, great shots, making the game easy, and he's getting to the line.

"I've got to take my hat off to Coach Woodson. He's doing a great job of making sure everyone's playing hard and playing team basketball. You've got to give them credit. They're playing hard throughout the whole game. They're a great defensive team now. Especially when they get you playing out of control. But it still comes down to Melo."

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/9/2012  11:25 PM
This thread title is basically a "Troll Thread". No reason to do it, no reason at all, serves no purpose. Telling fans not to get excited over a big win is nonsensical. Celebrating great individual performances by Melo, Chandler, and Shumps sure. Beating the best in the East undermanned, sure. But Euphoria? That's a bit strong a word. We didn't win a Championship, and we can't see into the future. All the posters here that are up in arms is because we are just celebrating a great win. That happened Yesterday.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/9/2012  11:30 PM
The most euphoric win had to be Lin in Toronto. What made The Bulls game fun was one it was the Bulls. Two Melo hit big shot not once but twice. Both euphoric wins. Concerns from both Games the team won with a depleted roster.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/9/2012  11:35 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I can see it already the "I told you so crowd" coming out as soon as the Knicks are eliminated from the playoffs. Heck it's happened after each of the 3 losses out of 14 under Woodson. Melo trade was stupid, bring back Gallo & Mozgov, Re-hire Dantoni as offensive coordinator yada yada yada

IN this day and age......

someone is always "coming out"

I guess if the team makes the playoffs the other side can "Come out" too and proclaim superiority and that you got the teams back for firing MDA.

After all, fans are ones making the decisions!

gunsnewing
USA
4/9/2012  11:44 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:This thread title is basically a "Troll Thread". No reason to do it, no reason at all, serves no purpose. Telling fans not to get excited over a big win is nonsensical. Celebrating great individual performances by Melo, Chandler, and Shumps sure. Beating the best in the East undermanned, sure. But Euphoria? That's a bit strong a word. We didn't win a Championship, and we can't see into the future. All the posters here that are up in arms is because we are just celebrating a great win. That happened Yesterday.

The stuff thats even more mind boggling are threads of "I told you so's" "ISO MELO" & "Woodson honeymoon is over" after each of the 3 losses versus 11 wins

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/9/2012  11:48 PM
Nalod wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I can see it already the "I told you so crowd" coming out as soon as the Knicks are eliminated from the playoffs. Heck it's happened after each of the 3 losses out of 14 under Woodson. Melo trade was stupid, bring back Gallo & Mozgov, Re-hire Dantoni as offensive coordinator yada yada yada

IN this day and age......

someone is always "coming out"

I guess if the team makes the playoffs the other side can "Come out" too and proclaim superiority and that you got the teams back for firing MDA.

After all, fans are ones making the decisions!

I think there were some Knick fans that spent 4 years very frustrated with the coach and hoping that something would make things work and they would start winning. When the guy was replaced and the Knicks were positioned to give up another lottery pick and not make the playoffs things were pretty not good. The 11-3 win streak under the new coach and the change in intensity on the court especially on the defensive end have been more than refreshing. I did not agree with the previous coaches philosophy, approach, game preperation, or in game coaching. However, I always wanted the Knicks to win, was very excited with Linsanity and was excited with the team in 10-11. The previous coach resigned because management would not trade their star and commit to his system. It was his choice although I think he should have been fired based on job performance at the end of his second year. What has happened since has been very exciting. The biggest difference is that it appears to be sustainable.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/9/2012  11:51 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:This thread title is basically a "Troll Thread". No reason to do it, no reason at all, serves no purpose. Telling fans not to get excited over a big win is nonsensical. Celebrating great individual performances by Melo, Chandler, and Shumps sure. Beating the best in the East undermanned, sure. But Euphoria? That's a bit strong a word. We didn't win a Championship, and we can't see into the future. All the posters here that are up in arms is because we are just celebrating a great win. That happened Yesterday.

The stuff thats even more mind boggling are threads of "I told you so's" "ISO MELO" & "Woodson honeymoon is over" after each of the 3 losses versus 11 wins

Like clockwork. If the Knicks lose tomorrow, I can see at least 3 or 4 new threads, as well as, old ones being bumped just to diss the team.

SlimChin
Member: #3363

4/10/2012  12:15 AM
i think knicks match up better with the bulls than the heat. but let's be real, on most given nights deng and rose aren't missing 4 straight free throws in a row.
gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  12:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  12:19 AM
SlimChin wrote:i think knicks match up better with the bulls than the heat. but let's be real, on most given nights deng and rose aren't missing 4 straight free throws in a row.

Can't argue with that especially if we go into the 1st round without Amare & Lin

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
4/10/2012  12:21 AM
Me likey euphoria
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
4/10/2012  12:55 AM
^
https:// It's not so hard.
gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  1:15 AM
LOL
gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  1:36 AM
Again not to single out the author of this thread but more to squash the tendencies for some of the reaching to discredit Melo & Woodson at every opportunity, I find the timing of this thread interesting. Comes after the biggest win of the year and after crzymups creates a thread in favor of Melo pointing out the obvious, best knick player since Ewing. Not best Knick or best defensive knick player.
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

4/10/2012  4:05 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Uptown wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

"What are you missing"?

It was a pretty day!

Sorry man you asked for it by creating this thread after yesterdays big win. When you make controversial threads like that you have to expect strong reaction given the timing. You have to be prepared to take it. It's just an argument nothing personal with anyone here

Oh ok, so either I have to let you dictate how I should feel or it's ok for you to take every thread I create and spin it into your own fantasy about Melo hate? Thanks for setting the the new ground rules Bro! The quality of discussions on these forums are going down fast. Too many people are too sensitive about their own perceived insecurities. It's a sad day on a discussion forum when overreaction to everything is the norm, and disagreement with the popular theory is considered trolling.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
4/10/2012  6:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  6:51 AM
Correction

... and disagreement with a (popular) personal theory

Thread Titles should be provocative.

Losses bad.

Wins good.

D'Antoni gone.

Woodson 12-3.

Insecurity bad.

Euphoria good.

once a knick always a knick
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/10/2012  7:18 AM
Just for the record, those who were predicting that the Knicks would have only a .550 season were called haters a few months ago.
http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=40277&page=5
I'm not sure what the difference is between a *hater* and a *realist posting on ultimateknicks.com*
gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  7:36 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Just for the record, those who were predicting that the Knicks would have only a .550 season were called haters a few months ago.
http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=40277&page=5
I'm not sure what the difference is between a *hater* and a *realist posting on ultimateknicks.com*

difference is Dantoni is gone now and the team can finally reach its potential which is problably top 2 seed under Woodson not .500 ball

gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  7:40 AM
loweyecue wrote:

Oh ok, so either I have to let you dictate how I should feel or it's ok for you to take every thread I create and spin it into your own fantasy about Melo hate? Thanks for setting the the new ground rules Bro! The quality of discussions on these forums are going down fast. Too many people are too sensitive about their own perceived insecurities. It's a sad day on a discussion forum when overreaction to everything is the norm, and disagreement with the popular theory is considered trolling.

Insecurity would be if their record was 3-11 but the fact is its 11-3. Nothing to be insecure about

This euphoria is a little over the top

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy