[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Critical Strech Coming
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/9/2004  7:55 AM
Posted by playa2:

Why are people going nutz about being in 6th spot or 5th knowing if we lose 2 freakin games we could be in 10th place.The Knicks are in sixth place but no playoff lock with the standings bunching. Just 11/2 games separate sixth place from 10th.

The seventh-place Celtics, winners of six straight, are just one game behind the Knicks and can tie them with a win tonight. Cleveland, Toronto and Miami are tied for eighth, ninth and 10th, just 11/2 games back.

We have to win more games and break away from the pack before all the hype...we might not make it. Shaking my head wondering does anybody have a clue.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/9/2004  7:16 PM
Knicks have the cake-walk schedule that should result in NY finishing strong. Now that chemistry is no longer an issue, I never thought it was, and H20 is back, watch out!
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

3/10/2004  8:13 AM
We haven't showed enough against teams with healthy rosters that we will pull it thru. Lenny's hair is starting to become more gray after last night. Low post guy is needed in the worst way, plz sign Vin and let him become that 2 time all-star again in the post. Close games won't be won on the perimetter all the time.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
3/10/2004  11:10 AM
playa2,

I don't want to sound negative but what makes you think Vin will be the missing link. I can deal with him being a good bench player but not exactly what we need. Last nights game was lost on bad judgement making not the need of a low post player.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/10/2004  11:24 AM
he's better than Kurt Thomas.
EWING33BXNY
USA
3/10/2004  11:25 AM
a sober Vin Baker yes, but not the one who couldn't even score ten points in 3 games.
playa2

3/10/2004  12:16 PM
You answered ya own question. He will stetch defenses just like having KVH, BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY FROM THE POST
EWING33BXNY
USA
3/10/2004  12:56 PM
Do you think any NBA team out there really is going to pay any attention to Vin Baker at this point in his career. He has to prove he can still play before anyone start to strech defenses for him.
playa2

3/10/2004  8:45 PM
The knicks need all the help they can get, Vin Baker would help the knicks make the playoffs. Dude is sobered up and ready to help somebody come playoff time. Good competition in practice is just what our roster needs. Lenny better snap it out and get this team hungry again soon.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/11/2004  1:11 AM
I wanted Baker before, but now I'm thinkin we can forget him. It's time to start playing Sweetney major minutes. He's already stepping up and should continue to do so.
playa2

3/11/2004  7:56 AM
Sweetney is looking good lately , but isn't it to late for him to be put under this kind of pressure and asking him to be flawless in crunchtime in big games we need to win. He should have been playing all yr but didn't get a chance until zeke came aboard. Marbury needs some rest now, is penny now our back-up pg, has Frank played enough minutes to re-gain the confidence he once showed under Chaney? These are critical situations that need answering. I hope sweets does play almost flawless ball and makes his free throws and Frank gets over his mom's death last thursday. Sweets didn't fair to well when his dad died.
Bobby
USA
3/13/2004  4:07 PM
The only critical stretch I see is our patience. Now to update for the month of March

Miami; current month record 4-2

Toronto; current month record 2-4

Cleveland; current month record 5-1

Philly; current month record 4-2 (less AI)

Boston; current month record 4-2

Knicks; current month record 3-2

We should be 5-OH!

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/13/2004  9:37 PM
No need for this thread anymore. I opened, and now I offically declare that the playofs are over. We have failed miserably during the critical strech. Nothing we do now will save the season.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bobby
USA
3/14/2004  10:12 AM
Sim....you may want to combine this thread with Key's "Pressure is on thread". I feel you Sim, but it aint over till the Opera Lady sings. Knicks are healthy and have a whole-lotta game left
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/14/2004  11:47 AM
I wish the did, but the I'v watched the games, and it looks about as bad as it can get. It is like there is a curse on them. Which is exatcly how things look when players stop trying. Luck favors the hardworking, a lucky bounce is really just the result of pursiuing the loose ball all night long. When a team keep loosing on tough breaks consistently you know they are not hussling. And that is the worst thing to happen to ball club. At this levle of competition the only thing that seprates these guy is how hard they try, aka heart. We got none. KVH had more heart then TT, and the rest of the team is soft as paper, Houston???. Marbury is still immature, showing his age, you gotta remember he is 26. Mohammed is also struggling under pressure. In a way we got what we asked for. A young inexpereinced team that does not know how to win yet. I guess I can't complain that much.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
playa2

3/14/2004  2:09 PM
Well said simmy. Good truthful post.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/15/2004  1:18 AM
Truthful? Well... maybe from the heart, but there's no truth in opinion. Besides, it can't be the truth when Marbury is 27.

Anyway... almost all of our prime competition for playoff contention continues to win. Cleveland is SOOO on fire. They have the perfect team to knock off the Pacers or Pistons-- more size on the inside, and more athleticism and talent on the perimeter.

The loss to Philly was tragic... but we made up for it with our win today.

Next 5:
Washington
New Jersey
at Chicago
Atlanta
Memphis

4 home games, 1 road game. Going by the numbers, we should be able to go 3-2 again. Washington could pose a personal matchup problem for Marbury, but if we keep feeding the ball inside to our power game, we should be able to win.

NJ seems to own us... but we're more equipped than ever to match up to them. No one on our team can run end to end to stop K-Mart or RJ... so we'll need to execute on offense and play a prevent defense.

Chicago has all sorts of athleticism at guard and all sorts of talent at the power positions... but somehow it still hasn't come together for them. Anything can happen on a road game...

Atlanta now lost Pryzbilla for a while with knee inflammation. Now they stand absolutely no chance against us.

Memphis plays a high energy game... always pushing with fresh players off the bench. They use their depth better than anyone. While we have arguably more talented players (after all, isn't TT a top-5 talent?), as a collective they play hard and execute well.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Critical Strech Coming

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy