[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Baker suppossed to be coming here NY POST says
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/2/2004  8:05 AM
Baker, sources said, will visit with Toronto, but that appears to be a courtesy trip. A source close to Baker said, "The Knicks want him and he wants them." Baker also met with Miami last weekend.

Baker fits in perfectly here, joining an emotionally and physically wrecked Knicks team that is reeling from a six-game losing streak.

Baker could be another distraction the Knicks don't need. But can it get any worse? The Knicks have gone from a renaissance to the road to ruin in less than two weeks, courtesy of Isiah's All-Star Sunday trade of Keith Van Horn.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
3/2/2004  9:49 AM
Posted by playa2:

But can it get any worse?

Always can
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/2/2004  2:26 PM
I don't really know what the guy can do for us. WE already have people moaning and groaning about PT and stuff. And if he couldn't keep off the bottle with all his millions on the line what makes us think he could now?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/2/2004  2:38 PM
I'll tell you what he will do for us. He'll nail Othella Harrington's ass on the bench and take the pressure of Sweetney and TT and Nazr because he can score. Once we get baker Nazr and Othella could rot on the bench all I care. The only bigs that matter to the Knicks are Deke for 24min as anyone can see based on how much better our Defense and rebounding is with him on the floor and Sweetney because he is the future. Baker could backup Deke. We'll working about Making Nazr our starting center of the future next year after he has a training camp under his belt. There's no reason for Nazr to come in and be our starting center right away just because Isiah Thomas expects too much from him.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/2/2004  3:03 PM
If he can stay sober, the he's a good pick up
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/2/2004  3:20 PM
At this point you might as well throw another bat in the witch’s stew of a team we got going right now lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/2/2004  6:33 PM
this will be good in having some offense down low now. we can't depend on old crusty deke for anything but easy rebounds, definately no offense or mobility on O or D. and yea othella is a bum.
Yes! - Marv Albert
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/2/2004  6:40 PM
Deke is huge. He takes up a lot of space in the middle. Sure he's the worst offensive player in history, well not as bad as shandon but our offense was doing perfectly fine when he started and our defense was pretty good. Now our offense stinks and our defense is even worse.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/02/2004 19:26:33]
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/2/2004  7:21 PM
Zeke using unconventional means to secure Baker to NY is really rolling the dice. If Baker makes a straight run, he'll be nearly unstoppable in the east...like Knick fans are hoping for. On the other hand with Baker's history what sense of reality can NY offer Baker the PERSON. This is a most delicate situation if Zeke is serious.

IMO, at this point in time Baker should sit

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/2/2004  7:46 PM
from what i hear, the knicks can only offer him 1.6mil. we all know he can offer at least 11pts 6rebs. that's a bargain! especially considering the fact that were only using him for the rest of the season.(he'd probably be using us for a different reason. to prove that he can keep his head clear, and get another contract next year.) bottom line is he can post up. what other player on our roster can do that affectively?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/2/2004  8:26 PM
Baker cannot be signed until after the arbitration...

according to this ESPN article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1749366
PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/2/2004  8:30 PM
Posted by raven:

[quote]Posted by playa2:

But can it get any worse?
Nahhhh Chaney n Layden is GONE4GOOD
!!!Knicks!!!
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/2/2004  8:42 PM
Posted by playa2:

The Knicks have gone from a renaissance to the road to ruin in less than two weeks, courtesy of Isiah's All-Star Sunday trade of Keith Van Horn.

I know you're quoting from an article title, but I hardly think that this losing streak is a sign of things to come.
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
3/2/2004  11:35 PM
Dont bring this alcoholic to the knicks and mess up more of our so called "chemistry".
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/2/2004  11:50 PM
Posted by EnYKnickFan:

Dont bring this alcoholic to the knicks and mess up more of our so called "chemistry".

that is stupid,there is no chemistry now
Yes! - Marv Albert
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/3/2004  12:17 AM
Some mention chemistry like its the end all... 'this trade was the worst trade in history (exageration), messing up what we had going ... now we suck!' ... Arguing timing over substance...
But ...
IMO We are a better team because of that trade. Bare with me ...

You may not see it now because of the losing, bad teamwork and embarrassing box scores, but that is a temporary sign of unfamiliarity (chemistry). But, just as long as we get into the playoffs, its enough for this season.

Think about it. Picture the team we had with Van Horn in the playoffs. The momentum gained since mid-season... We're talking a dangerous team that can shoot. The excitement, the D-FENSE ... How much better would it be if your team was "better" (in this scenario). Isiah did say that he did the trade because he thought he made the team better...

Don't think the Knicks can gel by then? They have enough talent to get familiar enough to squeak in... Then, its 'hello Gotham Roundball.' They want to win so bad (God knows they've lost enough) that the playoffs are just what they need to gel.

A more athletic team tailored to a dominant point guard is a stronger the team.

Oh, and I like Baker's fit. Can contribute meaningful minutes if teamed with Wallace IMHO (like a lesser twin towers). And if not, just cut the guy.
--
The very best we can do is regurgitate educated opinions, at the worst we're complaining.
Baker suppossed to be coming here NY POST says

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy