[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I just don't get, why are we so bad?
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/2/2004  11:31 AM
When you lose to the Clip, Suns and Utah it is obvious that your chemistry is off. Just give them sometime to play together and all will be well. And for those who say we have no time just look at the standings. We are still in 6th place and are clearly better than the teams who are right behind us. However, Cleveland does have a good mix of small and big players so they can be dangers but they are still very young. Miami doesn't have that, and Boston and Philly stink and Toronto has carter and Jalen out. I was hoping to get the 5th seed but what difference will it make. New Orleans is just as good as the top 3 teams in in the East imo. Although I think Detroit has a slight advantage over everyone else. Which ever way it shapes up..I just hope we play NJ at some point in the playoffs and beat their sorry asses because it would make Knicks fans who live in NJ, like myself very happy to stick it to those bandwagoners!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/02/2004 11:32:41]
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2004  2:17 PM
I admire thorn for making the coaching change he did. it took balls, and looks like the right thing for the right team.

Its pretty bizarre to change a GM mid year like Dolan did. I think stern was behind it, make NY matter again and get Marbury in NYC.

Seems like Isiah was a spur of the moment thing. Just bizarre.

Chaney firing was a joke, and the wilkins thing also strange.

I want this team to do well, don't get me wrong, but the timing on everything is really really weird!
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
3/2/2004  2:24 PM
I guess we'll see what happens now that Houston is back. We really gotta tighten up the team D. T least TT is scoring more. It's better than I expected when the trade went down.
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
3/2/2004  3:10 PM
The reason this team sucks is because of their D!!!!!!!!!! Im still waiting for TT to reach his potential lol...
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/2/2004  9:04 PM
1st,CHEMISTRY!
2nd,This team is built to surround a dominate low post player.If Baker is signed n plays the way he did earlier in Boston u'll see what this team is to come when Wallace arrives.Yah lookin on whats on the court now,im lookin on whats ahead.When they do know each others game n so forth.
3rd,u know we needed a future center oh no unless u thought Deke n Thomas was.Then at the same time we got a real sf with athleticism,that can score n play "D".So instead of next yr complaining about not having a center n pf.now its i spot remaining.
!!!Knicks!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2004  9:24 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Its pretty bizarre to change a GM mid year like Dolan did. I think stern was behind it, make NY matter again and get Marbury in NYC.

you know, it may be a conspiracy theory kind of thing, but I kinda believe the above.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/2/2004  9:33 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Nalod:

you know, it may be a conspiracy theory kind of thing, but I kinda believe the above.

Or maybe even Stern facilitated the Marb trade, or maybe suggested it or whatever. Stern needs NY and the media.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/2/2004  10:43 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Nalod:

i don't, it is ridiculous.
Yes! - Marv Albert
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/2/2004  10:48 PM
Zeke did not have to fire Chaney for Knicks to play this bad. Knicks are playing on Development League Level while Zeke tells everybody,don't worry, "Its for the long haul"..... What a joke !

This aint the NBDL, Euro League or the CBA....Zeke needs to elevate our players to NBA Standards.

Zeke could feed the media anything he wants to; but the fact that he did'nt play like that in Detroit should be the foundation why he should'nt settle for anything less in NY....

[Edited by - Bobby on 03/02/2004 22:51:30]
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
martin
USA
3/2/2004  11:24 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Nalod:

i don't, it is ridiculous.

the dry assessment that Stern was involved with the GM switch or that he helped Marb get to the Knicks may be ridiculous, but to say that Stern doesn't have an interest in puffing up a big media market is not.

See the Ewing pick. Writers have been saying that the officials have favored both Chi and (recently) LA. It's no joke. Stern knows how to market and make $$$.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/3/2004  2:00 AM
Whahaha! Built around a dominant low post player... I like that. I suppose all teams that don't have Shaq or Duncan are built to surround a dominant low post player.

I think this team is needs to be built around a dominant PG. We need some guys who can shoot the midrange jumper that can also move w/o the ball. We need big men who can catch passes and make themselves open.

Scoring PGs and dominant post players have a hard time mixing-- it's tough to create when someone is always hanging out in the paint. Rasheed would be a good addition, since he gets bored hanging out in the post all day.

Posted by NYK8:

1st,CHEMISTRY!
2nd,This team is built to surround a dominate low post player.If Baker is signed n plays the way he did earlier in Boston u'll see what this team is to come when Wallace arrives.Yah lookin on whats on the court now,im lookin on whats ahead.When they do know each others game n so forth.
3rd,u know we needed a future center oh no unless u thought Deke n Thomas was.Then at the same time we got a real sf with athleticism,that can score n play "D".So instead of next yr complaining about not having a center n pf.now its i spot remaining.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/3/2004  10:12 AM
ok the dominate pg that haven't done nothing n aint going to take the Finals with out one Marbury,Iverson,Nash,B.Davis,etc.Payton was there until now that he haves a chance with Shaq and Francis that has Yao.building ur team around a low post of perimeter group of player its a 50/50 method on what route u heading.Spree knew what was needed to get the finals thats why he wanted Webber.Now that being said the reason they winning without him is b/c they been playing for the past few yrs together and got the chemistry down packed.None the less the Knicks can play this way them selves if NY willing to wait i say about three more yrs until they get it together but i would rather bring the big man in.look how Wallace stepped in to a new team n is playing like he been there,look at Webber missing the whole season and played his first game back proppin 26.
P.S Jordan is the only one

[Edited by - nyk8 on 03/03/2004 10:13:13]
!!!Knicks!!!
I just don't get, why are we so bad?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy