[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sweetny starts and.......
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/1/2004  1:26 PM
SWEETS got his 2nd foul about 3 minutes into the 1st quarter and sat down... I didn't understand that move last night, do you know what kind of pressure was on him playing in starting lineup without Mutumbo to watch his back if he gets beat. He should have only started with DEKE (fello georgetown guy) watching his back.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/1/2004  1:45 PM
while kt is not as good of a shot-blocker(obviously), maybe he put him in w/kurt because kurt is quicker to the ball on the D. hopefully sweets starts again and shows his worth. "georgetown style"
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
3/1/2004  2:21 PM
Posted by daddynel:

while kt is not as good of a shot-blocker(obviously), maybe he put him in w/kurt because kurt is quicker to the ball on the D. hopefully sweets starts again and shows his worth. "georgetown style"

I'd love to see the rook start. Bout time he earns his money. He's looking like he dropped a few pounds, too...
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
bigblitz2001
Member: #535
3/1/2004  6:45 PM
If I was Lenny I would start this lineup the rest of the way. I wanna see what the Rook can do. Whatever happens I hope he leaves the starting 5 and his rotation set so the players can know their roles and gell a little bit. To me I think this is a good lineup cause Deke is definately outta the plans and is painfully slow most nights. He is good off the bench against a bigger slower center but cant get it done night in and night out anymore.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/1/2004  6:55 PM
Posted by bigblitz2001:

If I was Lenny I would start this lineup the rest of the way. I wanna see what the Rook can do. Whatever happens I hope he leaves the starting 5 and his rotation set so the players can know their roles and gell a little bit. To me I think this is a good lineup cause Deke is definately outta the plans and is painfully slow most nights. He is good off the bench against a bigger slower center but cant get it done night in and night out anymore.

I would like to see Fat Boy Sweets get some consistant mintutes, but if he starts does that take away from Nzar?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/2/2004  1:40 AM
Sweetney was obviously pressing. I wouldn't read anything into it. He has a very good touch around the basket, and appears to have little trouble getting his shot off in the paint, which was the biggest question mark about him coming out of college. The season has been a roller coaster for him, given how much time he spent on IR. Give him time. He just has to lose 15 or 20 lbs to be maximally effective.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
3/2/2004  3:51 AM
Starting him now was imho plain stupid. he went from the IR to the bench and, with no transition time, to the starting lineup.

It was hard and he didn't perform. hope it didn't shake his confidence and won't slow his progresses. We may need him big time next season.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/2/2004  6:07 AM
Just put Deke back in the starting lineup and bury Othella and Shandon on the bench.
raven
Canada
3/2/2004  7:09 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Just put Deke back in the starting lineup and bury Othella and Shandon on the bench.

agree. chaney should settle his rotation for good. players are lost when they don't know their role. wow, I've just noticed i said chaney instead of wilkens... that pretty sucks and maybe says a lot.

why does he not also play franck ?
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/2/2004  7:25 AM
Raven I have been the only knick fan hitting lenny in the head with a pool stick, this guy can't be a head coach on a team like the knicks. Postas have given him a free ride like he has the key to the city.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
raven
Canada
3/2/2004  7:37 AM
Posted by playa2:

Raven I have been the only knick fan hitting lenny in the head with a pool stick, this guy can't be a head coach on a team like the knicks.

You also have been the only knick fan to trust chaney !!!
Posted by playa2:

Postas have given him a free ride like he has the key to the city.

I didn't, yet most of us wanted anybody to take over chaney. IT wanted a quiet man wouldn't steal his spotlight, and he brought one.
I'm sure he's still good enough (please note the use of good instead of great) for what we currently need.
Sweetny starts and.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy