Judgment Out - Iseah Messed It All Up
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/29/2004  11:06 PM
Iseah giveth, Iseah taketh.

Its all over, Knicks will suck for years to come. No playoffs this seaon, no playoffs next season. Marbury is a carrier looser. Lenny lost the team. Iseah made an awful trade. Houston sucks. This team is a joke.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
simrud
USA
2/29/2004  11:20 PM
Did I meantion Lenny sucks? He has lost this team complelty. No D is played. Marbury was benched, what was that about? Sucking? Yep, thats right. They all sucks.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/29/2004  11:22 PM
I'm still with Isiah.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/29/2004  11:26 PM
Let's see what they can do from now on. I know we're gonna play some sucky teams but we have to build our confidence somehow.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/29/2004  11:26 PM
Did someone say chanting ?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
2/29/2004  11:41 PM
marbury was benched maybe because of to's.... and everyone sayin the tt trade was good well maybe for the long run that trade runined every chemistry piece the knicks had... the knicks now look horrible..
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/1/2004  12:27 AM
this is a ridiculous thread... come on now,with all the doomsday posts...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
3/1/2004  1:20 AM
the knicks are better than last year obviously. this is because marbury is much better than any pg we had before. however IT screwed up big time by trading kvh--and by not moving kt or deke. so this year is over, but at least IT will be proactive I believe and will eventually ship out those that are dead weight.
Yes! - Marv Albert
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/1/2004  3:23 AM
Just because I'm annoyed, my understanding and heck, everyone's rationale for trading KVH was that the prize in the trade was NM. Per minute, it looks like he's something special. However, the NBA is filled with 15mpg-type backup PF/Cs, many of whom are good for something like 4-6ppg/4-6rpg in 12-18mpg. Conveniently, stretched to a starter's minutes (30-35mpg), you'd expect all of these guys to be capable of producing double-doubles on a regular basis.

HOWEVER... these type of players are a dime a dozen. These are just serviceable "journeyman" big men. Don't even begin to think NM has star potential.

Seattle for example has 2 guys like that: James and Booth, both of whom signed for the MLE. However, combined, these two players average a lot of blocks: James (1.0) and Booth (1.7). Seattle actually features a 3rd player just like them--- Vitaly Potapenko, who doesn't block shots.

If we look at Denver--- they have a 15mpg backup center in Chris Andersen, who also fits the bill statistically. I'd imagine that when his next contract is up, some team should figure he's worth the MLE, since he's a legit shotblocker w/ 1.6bpg. Make him a starter, he'll give ya 8+ppg/10rpg/1spg/3.5+bpg! :)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/2/2004  7:42 AM
Posted by simrud:

Did I meantion Lenny sucks? He has lost this team complelty. No D is played. Marbury was benched, what was that about? Sucking? Yep, thats right. They all sucks.

Simrud you have been enlighten to see the truth, only few have consistantly posted. You haven't heard a peep out of Hardcore, he doesn't even want to post his lies anymore.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
simrud
USA
3/2/2004  3:15 PM
I call it like I see it. I thought Lenny could turn it around from his Raptor days but this brutal strech has showed that might be not possible. Marbury needs a postplayer to takeover when he is in a slump. The problem with him is that not only is he the PG, he is also the 1st otion. So when he is off, the whole team is nowhere to be found. If he had a guy to throw it in int he post in case of emergecny we'd be set. Steph had his best years winning wise in Minny with Garnett. Hopfeully Sheed comes here in the summer.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/2/2004  11:06 PM
Trades are over....now its up to Lenny
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

3/3/2004  7:59 AM
Posted by tkf:

this is a ridiculous thread... come on now,with all the doomsday posts...

TKF you sound like Dorothy and the WICKED witch just stole your TODO. Remember the WIZARD ain't real man . Fess up and stop being a fool. ATL are beating everybody now with guys who didn't have time to gel.

Isiah Thomas took a lot of bows, and deservedly so, for getting Marbury. Otherwise, he hired Lenny Wilkens, who is 10-12 with the Knicks; traded rebounder Clarence Weatherspoon for Moochie Norris(WHO ACTUALLY COST MORE$$$), the third-string point guard; swapped Van Horn for Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed, and is considering Baker.

After all the hoopla, the Knicks are 26-35, same record as last year after 61 games.

From that standpoint, there's no difference between Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas.

Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

3/3/2004  8:16 AM
TKF where have you and hardcore been???
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
3/3/2004  11:06 AM
yah is out ur bleepin minds.the team gotta work at being the best nah but yah just want them to automaticly be the Champion team of 1000 yrs to come right,served in ur platter plate yah spoiled whinnig losers.sorry my tru knick fans but i had to post in this fake thread n let it be known.

[Edited by - nyk8 on 03/03/2004 11:07:53]
!!!Knicks!!!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/3/2004  11:34 AM
I guess its all true when they say fans are fickle.

Some people on this board were waiting for a slump like this as soon as Isiah made his first moves. THey couldn't wait to announce his failure. And now that we have lost 6 in a row, everyone thinks that day has arrived. Has anyone forgotten that H20 isn't really back yet?

As the season progresses you will all eat you words. The only thing i am a little shaky on is, Lenny Wilkens. I don't know if I like what he is doing.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
3/3/2004  12:12 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I guess its all true when they say fans are fickle.

Some people on this board were waiting for a slump like this as soon as Isiah made his first moves. THey couldn't wait to announce his failure. And now that we have lost 6 in a row, everyone thinks that day has arrived. Has anyone forgotten that H20 isn't really back yet?

As the season progresses you will all eat you words. The only thing i am a little shaky on is, Lenny Wilkens. I don't know if I like what he is doing.

PLease stop overreacting a bit. Calm down. relax.

We just thought too quickly that we were out of the hole. that's our sole sin i think. How do we feel ? We feel like a guy who's dying of thirst in the desert. Once he sees a kind of oasis, with refreshing water, he starts to believe, but soon it appears to be nothing more than a mirage.

That's how we feel. things will change. Next season will be better than this one. at least, we don't have to watch eisley and spoon. And that's good news. we should start thinking about what we have and move on, not whinning about what could have been.

We don't have the choice.

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/3/2004  12:35 PM
lenny sucks? WOW! i would'nt go that far. when the pistons lost all of those games did larry brown suck? or the phil jackson with the lakers? remember, our best offensive player is hurt now he is back. we will see how well they play now. it looks like a soft schedule and i just hope we won't play that way. i still have faith in this team and like them a lot. i remember the roster we had on november 1 with thomas, othello, van horn, eisley and anderson with chaney calling the ridiculous plays and realize that hey i can't complain much on march 1.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/3/2004  2:42 PM
I guess I have to come save the day for all the posters that have hope but aren't coming out and are letting the negativity run the board.

#1 We are still in 6th seed.
#2 We just got Houston back and have had 2 days of practice to get quality chemistry and rhythem going
#3 The March schedule isn't hard at all we have a lot of home games vs ATL division teams who all suck.
#4 We still have Sweetney-Williams-Demarr-Muhammad-Thomas all young and all getting better & better
#5 We have Sheed saying he wants to come here as a FA.
#6 We have Mutombo & Harrington entering there walking yrs after this season so a team looking for cap space can offer us a Dampier or Rahim type player.
#7 KT is also a FA this coming season making him a very tradable player and if he is resigned for midlevel like he is supposed to he is even more tradable.
#8 T.Thomas & Hardaway's contracts run out the yr after next making them tradeable assest for teams looking for cap space and are giving up players like Rahim or Dampier.
#9 We gave up 2 picks in the next 6yrs which means we still have 4 picks in the next 6yrs I can deal with that.
#10 TT, Marbury, Mutombo, KT, Muhammad, Sweetney, Williams, Norris, Trybanski, Harrington are all tradeable so we are not stuck.
#11 They have there mid level to improve the team even if they don't land Sheed they can still land Swift.
#12 With Marbury-Williams-Houston-Hardaway-Thomas-Anderson we have the deepest PG-SF in the east. Which all bring different styles which will make us tough to matchup with in the playoffs.
#13 Thomas has a great ability to trade the undesireable as he did with Eisley & Spoon. He also balanced the lineup from before and added a superstar & youth. I have trust in his plan.
#14 The team is 13-14 after the Marbury trade and the majority of that was without Houston. We could be 20-7 after the trade if we had him healthy for those 13games. We are 26-34 because of the team we had before Marbury. Marbury-Houston-Thomas-Thomas-Muhammad is good enough to win the 700. of the games in March.

Im sure im missing some more things but u guys get the point. Lets at least finish the season and see where we are. After we make playoffs we see how these veteran play in the playoffs. Then we can see what Zeke does in the Offseason. My hope is for Dampier & Wallace. Dampier using KT & Mutombo as bait. Wallace with the midlevel.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/3/2004  3:10 PM
we still won't win it all with Dampier(playing for a contract) and Rasheed(couldn't win in Portland)

We could however try our best to trade Marbury and Houston for Kobe then bring in a Star PF/C in the near future. Then we'd definitely be championship contenders.

I guess I'll settle for Dampier & Wallace Our starting 5 will loo pretty good with them in it but we still won't be better than The Lakers, Spurs, Kings.
Judgment Out - Iseah Messed It All Up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy