Sign and Trade for Kobe?
Author Thread
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/28/2004  9:16 PM
http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/022704/c0127ianc.html

According to the article, no one is untouchable in the off-season. That includes Marbury in a possible sign and trade with Kobe. This is speculation, but I would do it in a heart-beat.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/28/2004  9:23 PM
I wouldtrade Marbury for Kobe in a heart beat and let Frank run the point along with Kobe, send penny to a team that wants ending contract in return for young talent. Send KT to dallas after we resign him for antoine walker or Jamison. oohhhhhhh yeaaaa babyyy
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/28/2004  10:28 PM
Wake me when it happens.

Edit: I made that comment without reading the article. I think he makes some good points about the team being more flexible. That's why the KT for Malik Rose rumored deal made no sense, since Rose has an almost untradeable contract (there were rumors the Spurs would trade him for Eisley, which says it all).

[Edited by - Rich on 02/28/2004 22:38:01]
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/28/2004  11:02 PM
why was my post deleted?

once a gain, hell no, no kobe please i hate him i would rather loose wit marbury who i like and at least try than win wit someone like his arrogant @ss , i wouldent even deal marbs for shaq but maybe that cuz he is like my fav player
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/29/2004  10:18 AM
I'd prefer to keep stephon. On the off chance we do make a sign and trade...I'd prefer to go after someone like tmac over kobe.
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/29/2004  10:27 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I'd prefer to keep stephon. On the off chance we do make a sign and trade...I'd prefer to go after someone like tmac over kobe.
tmac has way less heart than kobe. Tmac cant lead his team to the playoffs in the eastern conference. COME ON! They have Juwan Howard and they had Rod Strickland at PG, Shammond Williams, and Gooden at PF.

They had as many pieces as other playoff bound-lesser teams in the east have.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/29/2004  10:45 AM
I'll take Kobe anyday!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/29/2004  11:02 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by MaTT4281:

tmac has way less heart than kobe. Tmac cant lead his team to the playoffs in the eastern conference. COME ON! They have Juwan Howard and they had Rod Strickland at PG, Shammond Williams, and Gooden at PF.

before u judge how tmac does...do u honestly think kobe could lead the magic to the playoffs if u swapped him and tmac
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/29/2004  11:10 AM
last year they had Darrell Armstrong of the bench. This year they have nobody.
LJStillGrandmama
Member: #380
USA
2/29/2004  12:56 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by MaTT4281:

Caseloads, I usualy respect the things you say.... but you are completely wrong. As a Magic season ticket holder, I can tell you that the team absolutely sucks. Tmac is the man, and besides that, the next best thing they have is Gooden, (who is just like the rookie version of Kenyon Martin... (you know, the guy who can't do a thing on his own... needs a good PG)

Gooden can't create his own shot, so they double and triple team Tmac. Strickland is NOWHERE near what he used to be, and Juwon Howard ends up with the ball most of the time. He does this stupid little hop-step, then toses up a prayer... ALMOST EVERY TIME. Watcha magic game in the fourth quarter sometime. If Tmac doesn't bring the ball upcourt, he can't even touch the ball, the way he's guarded.
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/29/2004  5:06 PM
good article, and this is what I am talking about, zeke acquiring players that other teams may want. People like playa will try and find fault with everything zeke does, but his little feeble mind seems to forget the big picture, we are not going any further with KVH at SF than TT... As I said before, zeke has made the knicks matter again...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/29/2004  11:17 PM
Kobe could not save this team. We need to blow it all up, trade for picks and rebuild.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/1/2004  11:10 AM
Posted by simrud:

Kobe could not save this team. We need to blow it all up, trade for picks and rebuild.

i agree that kobe can not save this team or any team by himself for that matter. he is not jordan and t-mac is marginally better than kobe. how is his team doing so far? we can not build a successful team around a shooting guard unless we have good people in most positions around the court. but i do not think we need to push the panic button. it is VERY disturbing that we lost this many games but incredibly we are still in the race for sixth seed ( only in the east).we are finally healthy and we are back east so there is hope. wilkins have to try to light a fire under this team and be a little more creative. but having houston back is a big plus.
playa2

3/1/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by jazz74:
Posted by simrud:

i agree that kobe can not save this team or any team by himself for that matter. he is not jordan and t-mac is marginally better than kobe. how is his team doing so far? we can not build a successful team around a shooting guard unless we have good people in most positions around the court. but i do not think we need to push the panic button. it is VERY disturbing that we lost this many games but incredibly we are still in the race for sixth seed ( only in the east).we are finally healthy and we are back east so there is hope. wilkins have to try to light a fire under this team and be a little more creative. but having houston back is a big plus.

Then how can we build a successful team around a pg if we can't build it around a sg as you say jazz in your post. This team : you either want to win this yr when the trades were made or you want to just get in playoffs so phoenix won't get a lottery pick.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

3/1/2004  11:20 AM
Posted by tkf:

good article, and this is what I am talking about, zeke acquiring players that other teams may want. People like playa will try and find fault with everything zeke does, but his little feeble mind seems to forget the big picture, we are not going any further with KVH at SF than TT... As I said before, zeke has made the knicks matter again...

Tkf you back peddle faster than DEION SANDERS, you talk about getting players other teams want, when before you said this team is also being built to win now. Problem is you have to shut down and realize zeke messed up. You wouldn't give milos and Lampe a chance and called them bust and scared, but you want us to give others(zeke) a chance. Hypocrite written all over it!
jazz74
3/1/2004  12:41 PM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by jazz74:
Posted by simrud:

Then how can we build a successful team around a pg if we can't build it around a sg as you say jazz in your post. This team : you either want to win this yr when the trades were made or you want to just get in playoffs so phoenix won't get a lottery pick.

the 1 and 2 positions have different expectations, playa. are you saying a point guard is not an important position? this is the person who pretty much manipulates everything on the floor. he is the one who handles the rock, calls the plays and reads defenses. the point guard dictates the tempo of the game. he creates shots for him self and his teammates. i have coached basketball before and know that the point is the position that i wasnt the most stable from all positions.

the funtion of a 2 guard is to create your own shot basically. i am not saying that is all they do. you can see how multitalented kobe and mcgrady are. but to win with a shooting guard is very difficult becuase teams can defend that position better and shut down your two guard easier.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2004  1:09 PM
h20 and Kobe is a lot to spend for shooting guards.

h20 is untradeable. I can see Isiah trying to have his contract voided like vin baker. Saw what happened to the other God-a-holic on the team. Exiled.

playa2

3/1/2004  1:14 PM
Posted by jazz74:
Posted by playa2:
Posted by jazz74:
Posted by simrud:

the 1 and 2 positions have different expectations, playa. are you saying a point guard is not an important position? this is the person who pretty much manipulates everything on the floor. he is the one who handles the rock, calls the plays and reads defenses. the point guard dictates the tempo of the game. he creates shots for him self and his teammates. i have coached basketball before and know that the point is the position that i wasnt the most stable from all positions.

the funtion of a 2 guard is to create your own shot basically. i am not saying that is all they do. you can see how multitalented kobe and mcgrady are. but to win with a shooting guard is very difficult becuase teams can defend that position better and shut down your two guard easier.

Jazz I'm just feeding off your post man, you made it sound like a sg with the right people around him on the court can't make a team successful, only a pg. I don't believe that.
jazz74
3/1/2004  4:34 PM
i am not offended. you can disagree. you always have and did it respectfully. i can dig that. it is not IMPOSSIBLE for a team to win a championship with a great shooting guard but it is so rare. i can only recall jordan to have done such a feat ( i was thinking dennis johnson on the sonics but he had a big man that helped tremendously. was it sikma?). i don't think it can be done in this day and age but i was proven wrong before and i fess up to it. but i would rather have a great point guard becuase they are harder to attain than a great shooting guard in my opinion.
Sign and Trade for Kobe?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy