[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Referee suspension...
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/28/2004  9:06 PM
Please move this topic to the NBA Forum if it belongs there... it's just that nobody seems to visit there, and I was interested to see what forum members here thought of the situation.

There's nothing more aggravating than a game decided by the officials, but I think the league's reaction to the blown call in the LA/Denver game has been a complete disgrace.

It was a horrendous call, but in what way is a three game suspension supposed to help? Is it supposed to somehow remove the chance for human error in the future? If I was this official I would now be second guessing before making many calls, something that is bound to cause more bad calls... and late calls. On top of that I would expect that we'll now be treated to even more player rants after any close calls are made.

Now the league is calling the show of solidarity by the officials unprofessional. I think the league left them with little other choice... and that the most unprofessional behavior was the league making public the disciplinary action taken against the official.

A fine privately levied, and a statement that the matter has been addressed by the league would have been enough as far as I am concerned.

I commend the officials for their reaction... the league is reacting way too high and mighty on this one.
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/28/2004  9:20 PM
In sumo, if a ref makes a bad call he kills himself on the spot...
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/28/2004  9:24 PM
Posted by Mac:

In sumo, if a ref makes a bad call he kills himself on the spot...

Ha!

Well, that might work... but I could see that causing some lengthy play stoppages, and we'd probably run out of officials.
Referee suspension...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy