[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

if knicks make playoffs 7-8 games under they should forfeit
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2004  11:49 AM
its a disgrace and embarasment to the sport and worse they are watering down the east with a franchise expansion[dumb dumb dumb] and taking out the NO Hornets a top 4 team

the bottom of the east from the knicks down -the heat are a DISGRACE
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/28/2004  1:51 PM
i guess im missing whether the topic is about the knicks giving up in the playoffs or if its about the east next year.

knicks have proven they can pull out some big wins against some good teams...unfortunately they lose against some sucky teams.
I'm really looking forward to the playoffs, no matter how many games under they are, as long as they make them.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/28/2004  1:54 PM
Silence! You can hear a ant peeing in the corner now! Hardcore, tkf, silver, guns, Ljstillgrandama, Nyvector , Gony yea you too why no post about ZEKES MOVES. If we don't make the playoffs DON'T EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME AGAIN. We stiil should make it the east is so weak.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/28/2004  5:13 PM
Yeah, let's make sure that Phoenix gets a lottery pick.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/28/2004  5:22 PM
Its becoming surreal at this point. We are arguably on the worst run of the season and we have managed to not only remain in the playoff picture but somehow stay the 6th seed. Heat lost today (rupse suprise lol) so we moved ahead of them by 0.5 games. Hurray!!! :)

On a positive note, the Clipper game was nice to watch at least, we battled and lost a close game to a good home team in the west. Tim Thomas looked solid, running the floor very well and dunking on people. Marbury got back on track. We just need Kurt and Houston to become 100% and gell with the entire group healthy to look respectable again.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2004  6:08 PM
it's too early to criticize Zeke's moves. If we finish the season 7-9 games under .500 like we we going to do under Layden/Chaney then I'll let IT have it, but that ain't happenin' We're having a bad week. We can easily turn it around and have an incredible one. Unlike you Playa, I don't like the taste of Crow so I don't want to judge IT when I'm pretty sure we'll get out of this mess soon.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/28/2004  6:16 PM
Making the playoff is great.but should we be proud as to how we are going to make it?...Tell you the truth we don't deserve to make the playoff. and another thing if we do resign Kurt Thomas, I hope that we can trade him this summer.And if we can trade MR.SOFTEE ALLAN HOUSTON get rid of his ass too...to this day I still say we should had traded Kurt Thomas for Tim and Nazr.... Van Horn at PF/ Tim at SF/ nazr at C /Marburry PG /and Houston SG. Does anyone dissagree with that lineup? AHHH DAMNNNN!!!!

[Edited by - spreeeewell on 02/28/2004 18:18:00]
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/28/2004  7:40 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

its a disgrace and embarasment to the sport and worse they are watering down the east with a franchise expansion[dumb dumb dumb] and taking out the NO Hornets a top 4 team

I guess you didn't really like the Knicks in the shortened season. 8th seed. Eastern Conference winners.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2004  8:31 PM
KT would not have gotten us TT and Nazr. What are the Bucks gonna do with Kurt, if the point of the trade was to improve their scoring?
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/28/2004  9:19 PM
Posted by spreeeewell:

Making the playoff is great.but should we be proud as to how we are going to make it?...Tell you the truth we don't deserve to make the playoff. and another thing if we do resign Kurt Thomas, I hope that we can trade him this summer.And if we can trade MR.SOFTEE ALLAN HOUSTON get rid of his ass too...to this day I still say we should had traded Kurt Thomas for Tim and Nazr.... Van Horn at PF/ Tim at SF/ nazr at C /Marburry PG /and Houston SG. Does anyone dissagree with that lineup? AHHH DAMNNNN!!!!

If I understand Zeke's thinking, The man is gonna sign Dirty Kurty and then trade him for antoine walker this summer. Get ready the "WIGGLE SHAKE" will be back .
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/29/2004  2:33 AM
Posted by spreeeewell:

yea man thats a potent lineup, kt's feet are stuck in cement
Yes! - Marv Albert
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
2/29/2004  6:19 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

wait.....they're replacing the hornets with the charlotte bobcats(or whaterver the heii theyre calling them)

[Edited by - SuperNYK992 on 02/29/2004 18:19:54]
Knicks forever!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/29/2004  7:38 PM
Martin--the knicks that year were a respectable 27-23 4 games over and finished 8th! That team took some time to gel because we brought in Camby and Sprewell+ Ewing was hurt 90% of the year.

yeah we were 4 games + .500 thats a playof record and it wouldve been better as the season went along if they played 82.

We are 8 COUNT em 8 games below .500 and have continued to play worse. It shows you how bad basketball has become in really a short time again and teams will have trouble selling tickets at the prices they charge if it continues. What sport in the history of sport will bring in 3 teams well under .500 into the playoffs? NONE! its a disgrace a joke to compare this team to the NY knicks of 1999 is a farce because they would SMASH this team
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/29/2004  7:59 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Martin--the knicks that year were a respectable 27-23 4 games over and finished 8th! That team took some time to gel because we brought in Camby and Sprewell+ Ewing was hurt 90% of the year.

yeah we were 4 games + .500 thats a playof record and it wouldve been better as the season went along if they played 82.

We are 8 COUNT em 8 games below .500 and have continued to play worse. It shows you how bad basketball has become in really a short time again and teams will have trouble selling tickets at the prices they charge if it continues. What sport in the history of sport will bring in 3 teams well under .500 into the playoffs? NONE! its a disgrace a joke to compare this team to the NY knicks of 1999 is a farce because they would SMASH this team

wait, we have to separate a few things.

The East is a horrible conference. That I agree with.

The Knicks' record sucks, but they have gone through 2 major trades and a coaching change. They have also missed Houston for a large portion of the time. Those combined facts are huge. The old Knicks team had their entire team from the training camp on, with Ewing hurting himself at the end, after the initial gelling period. It's hard to get team cohesion without practice and a set game plan during the middle of the year. It's _almost_ understandable that the team has a sucky record.

But really, if the Knicks do make the playoffs, why would you not want to root and watch them (which I am assuming considering the thread title)? There is a small chance that they some how gel and make a good run through the playoffs. Marb could go nuts, Houston could make it back strong and hit everything, TT could find some intensity, Deke could find some fountain of youth, coach could get hot with his rotations and game plans, and so forth.

The thread title makes me think of some kind of anti-KG. Never say die baby. And never give up hope.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/29/2004  11:09 PM
Don't worry, this team will never make the playoffs.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
2/29/2004  11:47 PM
love the humor
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/1/2004  12:11 AM

That year NY played with passion.....and the ball was bouncing their way untill they met SA. I don't think this year with no discipline or heart would justify playoff bound. Should NY tank the season like the pigeons? I bet you Euro league is giving better bang compared to what the Eastern conference is producing.

[Edited by - Bobby on 03/01/2004 00:15:55]
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
if knicks make playoffs 7-8 games under they should forfeit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy