Dice Improvement - More Evidence NY Med staff NOT UP TO SNUFF
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
2/27/2004  11:35 AM
From AZ paper:

"I've really come along well since I've been here," said McDyess who missed the first 17 games of the season while rehabbing with the Knicks. "The difference between programs here and New York has been night and day. It's a totally different program than the one the Knicks had me on.

"It's a lot more hands on here. A lot more work on things I need. I didn't have my range of motion when I got here. The trainers and strength coach have done a terrific job with me. My leg is so much stronger now."

Now put this into the context of Allan Houston and you understand why NY is underperforming these days.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2004  11:40 AM
Yep. Hopefully the Knicks are aware of this.
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
2/27/2004  11:46 AM
maybe dice is just bitter about being traded and is taking shots at the knicks?
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/27/2004  11:47 AM
Good post gony, It show us as knicks fans how long this mess has been going on. Too many players have been damaged here and when they leave us seem to like their new rehab enviorment better. camby-dice etc..
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/27/2004  12:02 PM
Thats weird...I though Mike Saunders was one of the best. Maybe he has been slipping over the years. GoNyGoNyGo....its not the Medical staff that is responsible for the rehab....its the trainers.

I do think Dice has some hurt feelings though. Obviously rehabbing for a while (from when he was traded to now) helps his knee feel better.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
2/27/2004  12:13 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Thats weird...I though Mike Saunders was one of the best. Maybe he has been slipping over the years. GoNyGoNyGo....its not the Medical staff that is responsible for the rehab....its the trainers.

I do think Dice has some hurt feelings though. Obviously rehabbing for a while (from when he was traded to now) helps his knee feel better.
The Trainers are part of the staff are they NOT? Even if it is sour grapes by DICe, if its true, so what! He did look better to me the other night. Houston is not getting better. Camby is playing injury free this year and last year had an injury that was lingering form his Knick days! maybe it is all coincidence but maybe where there is smoke there is fire?!

Taking care of an injury when it happens is different that getting better after that injury!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/27/2004  1:04 PM
i was very surpirsed to see how good physically he looked. i still dont see him EVER as a full time 30 minute player--but he could have a great niche role as a 17-20 minute back up off the bench. I read that Miami could be highly interested in Mcdyess.
RIP Crushalot😞
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/27/2004  2:11 PM
I think it is a foregone conclusion that the Knicks doctors are the worst in the NBA.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/27/2004  2:23 PM
GoNyGoNyGo...Camby played 29 games last season...not that injury free. Also this year he always seems to be a little nicked up. But if you want to give Denver's staff a thumbs up you then have to remember that Dice came from Denver where he was suppose to be recovered from his knee injury (supervised by the Denver staff) and then promptly injured himself again with the Knicks.

The reason I differentiated between Medical Staff and Training Staff was in hopes that this wouldn't become another Dr. Norman Scott sucks thread witch has been discussed over and over without any real knowledge of the situation.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2004  2:39 PM
Posted by simrud:

I think it is a foregone conclusion that the Knicks doctors are the worst in the NBA.

this is funny.... by whom?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
2/27/2004  3:54 PM
Posted by Andrew:

GoNyGoNyGo...Camby played 29 games last season...not that injury free. Also this year he always seems to be a little nicked up. But if you want to give Denver's staff a thumbs up you then have to remember that Dice came from Denver where he was suppose to be recovered from his knee injury (supervised by the Denver staff) and then promptly injured himself again with the Knicks.

The reason I differentiated between Medical Staff and Training Staff was in hopes that this wouldn't become another Dr. Norman Scott sucks thread witch has been discussed over and over without any real knowledge of the situation.
Yes and I recall that he was out because of the hip injury he incurred as a knick, the year before. Dice was playing in pre-season last year and suffered another injury.

I am simply showing some more evidence of the entire staff. Be it Scott, Saunders or the Mohammed guy. Something is not right and it should be looked into.

AS for it being another thread, yes it is aonther thread but it is relevant based on Dice's comments.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/27/2004  4:25 PM
At this point, McDyess's is far more valuable for his expiring contract than his basketball ability. He was still limping running up and down the court.

But it's well known that Dr. Scott sucks.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/28/2004  6:24 PM
i agree the knicks medical staff is terrible we need to get a new one all our players that get injured get worse not better, always
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/28/2004  7:29 PM
I need some clarification.

Which surgeries did Dr Norman Scott perform on any of the Knicks players and which ones did he observe?

What is the policy for players about second and third opinions about surgeries and rehab?

Who is ultimately responsible for the rehab and the decision on the timetable to come back to play?

Every time this topic comes up no one ever has any answers and yet we get the same posts. Holy cow, I cannot believe the assertions above.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rich
USA
2/29/2004  12:14 AM
Posted by martin:

I need some clarification.

Which surgeries did Dr Norman Scott perform on any of the Knicks players and which ones did he observe?

What is the policy for players about second and third opinions about surgeries and rehab?

Who is ultimately responsible for the rehab and the decision on the timetable to come back to play?

Every time this topic comes up no one ever has any answers and yet we get the same posts. Holy cow, I cannot believe the assertions above.

I can't answer your questions, but I do know that Scott was sued by the old actress Peggy Cass for operating on her wrong knee.

Also, he used to be the Rangers team doctor, but they fired him.
tkf
Member: #87
2/29/2004  1:42 AM
Sour grapes, I think now dice and everyone else realizes he will never be the same player he was again, he needs soneone to blame.. but as far as the knicks medical staff, wasn't it Dr. Norman scott that performed that knee surgery on Bernard king that allowed him to come back and play productive ball, even become a allstar again after such a devestating injury, during a time when injuries like that without all this medical advancement would usually end a career?

just a thought...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rich
USA
2/29/2004  2:34 AM
One successful surgery doesn't make someone a good doctor. That was almost 20 years ago. He may have lost a few miles off his fastball since then.
Dice Improvement - More Evidence NY Med staff NOT UP TO SNUFF

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy