When will Zeke give explanation of recent "MELTDOWN"
Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/26/2004  1:14 PM
Seems to me he has no answers and can be evasive at answering questions about these players not panning out. Maybe Lenny practices are too soft as V.Carter and C.Oakley made known to Toronto media. Even TNT guys are wondering about zeke and his trading frenzy(Barkley,K.Smith). SILENCE OF THE LAMBS-Where is hardcore ???
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2004  1:28 PM
holy cow, 3 games DOES make a good enough stretch to take value of a team.

New coach, new system, no all-star shooting guard, new point guard, 3-4 new starters since beginning of season, hardly any practice with new players. Should I go on?

Is this topic for real?

Silence THIS.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/26/2004  1:29 PM
and why does a GM have to give a game-by-game explanation of anything?
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
2/26/2004  4:07 PM
Posted by martin:

Hey, martin-- I'm surprised at the tone of your post... it's not like you. You know damn well that Zeke never misses an opportunity to pat himself on the back. Dude was on the talk shows, in the papers after every win or trade. Now his comments are conspicuously absent. We'd be remiss in our duties if someone didn't point this out. I'm not saying he's ducking, but...
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
martin
USA
2/26/2004  5:04 PM
Posted by TRU:
Posted by martin:

Hey, martin-- I'm surprised at the tone of your post... it's not like you. You know damn well that Zeke never misses an opportunity to pat himself on the back. Dude was on the talk shows, in the papers after every win or trade. Now his comments are conspicuously absent. We'd be remiss in our duties if someone didn't point this out. I'm not saying he's ducking, but...

GM was invited on to a talk show... you don't pass up that opportunity. No one does.

Reporters ask questions and coaches, GMs, players can choose to answer or not, so why is it strange when a GM either declines questions or is not available?

IT made two huge moves: Getting Marb and then getting some peices that may or may not pan out. I would pat myself on the back all day long if I netted a high level all-star for bit peices. I have never heard Zeke congratulate himself for anything else; with wins he has always pointed to the coach and players.

TRU, please point me to any article where Zeke pats himself on the back.

Also, why would be remiss in mentioning it? When do GM regularly comment on wins and losses? And why is it conspicuously absent? What should a GM say in this case that is not already understood by the players and the coaches. And if he did say something, wouldn't the players and coaches react negatively about the constant day-to-day pressure?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/26/2004  5:08 PM
portland did a good job of retooling through trades. They got younger--they got better--they have a declining payroll that will continue to drop--they kept their draft pick and added a second first rounder. they didnt take on one bad salary they have great flexibility. Any team that has made the playoffs so many yeasr in a row--and being in the scenario they were in with all of the malcontent's to get that type of young talent along with anumber 1 draft pick and be in position to lower payroll and add flexibility was the way to go.

on the other hand we had to take everyone else crp to get the player we wanted added 175MM in payroll and gave up 2first rounders and a second rounder with no flexibility.

the differnce is that Portland mandated a plan--went through a long process in hiring a gM and President who have implemented the game plan.

the two GMs who were busiest came away with very mixed results i.e the celtic and the knicks.

the knicks need a system of checks and balances.
RIP Crushalot😞
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/26/2004  5:10 PM
Clearly IT should've shipped out other players - kt, deke, othella, shandumb. but he didn't and theres no going back. looking to the future, obviously this isnt our year because we still have those bums. but in 2 or 3 years I think the prospects can be bright.

Posted by BRIGGS:

portland did a good job of retooling through trades. They got younger--they got better--they have a declining payroll that will continue to drop--they kept their draft pick and added a second first rounder. they didnt take on one bad salary they have great flexibility. Any team that has made the playoffs so many yeasr in a row--and being in the scenario they were in with all of the malcontent's to get that type of young talent along with anumber 1 draft pick and be in position to lower payroll and add flexibility was the way to go.

on the other hand we had to take everyone else crp to get the player we wanted added 175MM in payroll and gave up 2first rounders and a second rounder with no flexibility.

the differnce is that Portland mandated a plan--went through a long process in hiring a gM and President who have implemented the game plan.

the two GMs who were busiest came away with very mixed results i.e the celtic and the knicks.

Yes! - Marv Albert
playa2

2/26/2004  5:29 PM
Mase that is my point, we have rah rah clowns on here acting like everybody is stupid or something. Zeke got his feet wet and then realized the water was cold. This team might not even make the playoffs now and that would be a damn shame! We have to start closing out games the right way, people have raved about getting an all-star pg who's now throwing the ball away like rory sparrow use to do in the 80's ARGGG. The last two games he has shot poorly and has been seen with his head down. This attitude is not good leadership. Scoring is one thing , but having the right attitude from star player is sooooooo important right now. We must beat the paper clipps friday night.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TRU
USA
2/26/2004  5:30 PM
Posted by martin:

GM was invited on to a talk show... you don't pass up that opportunity. No one does.

Reporters ask questions and coaches, GMs, players can choose to answer or not, so why is it strange when a GM either declines questions or is not available?

IT made two huge moves: Getting Marb and then getting some peices that may or may not pan out. I would pat myself on the back all day long if I netted a high level all-star for bit peices. I have never heard Zeke congratulate himself for anything else; with wins he has always pointed to the coach and players.

Also, why would be remiss in mentioning it? When do GM regularly comment on wins and losses? And why is it conspicuously absent? What should a GM say in this case that is not already understood by the players and the coaches. And if he did say something, wouldn't the players and coaches react negatively about the constant day-to-day pressure?

You're buggin'. Are honestly trying to argue that Isaiah isn't an attention hound with a chip on his shoulder?

That he isn't the most deliberately visible GM in the league despite his short tenure?

That it would be "impossible" to actually be discrete and turn down a talk show, radio show, or tv show appearance?

Isaiah likes the spotlight. It's part of what makes him a good fit for this town. Why else would he stand in MSG tunnel rather than watch from a luxury box like every other GM? Why else would he do interviews with ESPN magazine?

The fact is, he has always been accessible in the past. Yet now, when his decisions are the most open to criticism, why has he yet to make comment? Every player on the team has made a comment on the losing streak and the apparent lack of chemistry. The coach has commented. Thousands of fans commented in chanting KVH's name at home the other night. The papers have all had something to say.

And you are honestly saying that it's not the least bit conspicuous that we've heard nothing from him?

[Edited by - TRU on 02/26/2004 17:31:08]
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/26/2004  5:34 PM
Posted by playa2:

Mase that is my point, we have rah rah clowns on here acting like everybody is stupid or something. Zeke got his feet wet and then realized the water was cold. This team might not even make the playoffs now and that would be a damn shame! We have to start closing out games the right way, people have raved about getting an all-star pg who's now throwing the ball away like rory sparrow use to do in the 80's ARGGG. The last two games he has shot poorly and has been seen with his head down. This attitude is not good leadership. Scoring is one thing , but having the right attitude from star player is sooooooo important right now. We must beat the paper clipps friday night.

marbury is the one thing not wrong this team. the slow footed frontcourt, in addition to a lack of any other outside shooting (now with houston out and KVH traded), lets defenses concentrate soley on star, and his slow footed teamates aren't able to get to the right spots at the right time. lol i'd be happy if old deke could just get out of the way
Yes! - Marv Albert
martin
USA
2/26/2004  5:36 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

gotta disagree with you slightly. Celtics clear got worse. Knicks get better and have the potential to get much better.

The Knicks did send out 2 first rounds and a second, but the other first rounders is worthless, and so is the second rounder. Knicks GM also snagged DerMarr. They did add contracts but Penny's may become a trading bonus for the team in 2 years. The team got more athletic and a lot younger. We also rid ourselves of Eisley, Ward, and Spoon.

martin
USA
2/26/2004  5:38 PM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

Clearly IT should've shipped out other players - kt, deke, othella, shandumb. but he didn't and theres no going back. looking to the future, obviously this isnt our year because we still have those bums. but in 2 or 3 years I think the prospects can be bright.

Clearly. Teams were begging for Anderson and Othella and Deke. Zeke did move 3 other players who were dead weight.
martin
USA
2/26/2004  5:41 PM
Posted by TRU:
Posted by martin:

You're buggin'. Are honestly trying to argue that Isaiah isn't an attention hound with a chip on his shoulder?

That he isn't the most deliberately visible GM in the league despite his short tenure?

That it would be "impossible" to actually be discrete and turn down a talk show, radio show, or tv show appearance?

Isaiah likes the spotlight. It's part of what makes him a good fit for this town. Why else would he stand in MSG tunnel rather than watch from a luxury box like every other GM? Why else would he do interviews with ESPN magazine?

The fact is, he has always been accessible in the past. Yet now, when his decisions are the most open to criticism, why has he yet to make comment? Every player on the team has made a comment on the losing streak and the apparent lack of chemistry. The coach has commented. Thousands of fans commented in chanting KVH's name at home the other night. The papers have all had something to say.

And you are honestly saying that it's not the least bit conspicuous that we've heard nothing from him?

[Edited by - TRU on 02/26/2004 17:31:08]

so you are saying that you have it on on good word that reporters have hounded him about it? As a GM, what do you say that would have a positive benefit?

Also, where did I say that Zeke did not have a chip on his shoulder and did not seek the spotlight. He does. So what? And when he doesn't for once it's a thing to note?
TRU
USA
2/26/2004  7:59 PM
Posted by martin:

Also, where did I say that Zeke did not have a chip on his shoulder and did not seek the spotlight. He does. So what? And when he doesn't for once it's a thing to note?

Yup. 'Specially when it coincides with a losing streak.
playa2

2/27/2004  7:38 AM
WORD ON THE STREET says Zeke has been staying at home in INDIANA, prolly licking his wounds thinking up an explanation for NY media from all the trades that have had bad timing written all over them. Did he stop talking to Miss Cleo Hardcore? Tkf WHERE ARE YOU? RUN AND HIDE AFTER RUNNING YA MOUTH HUH SON.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/27/2004  10:44 AM
Posted by playa2:

WORD ON THE STREET says Zeke has been staying at home in INDIANA, prolly licking his wounds thinking up an explanation for NY media from all the trades that have had bad timing written all over them. Did he stop talking to Miss Cleo Hardcore? Tkf WHERE ARE YOU? RUN AND HIDE AFTER RUNNING YA MOUTH HUH SON.
It realy is funny that we haven't heard from Isaih. maybe he needed a little vacation after all the wheeling and dealing... still like him...

[Edited by - spreeeewell on 02/27/2004 10:47:55]
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/27/2004  10:54 AM
Don't worry, if we get better soon, be sure he'll come back to get the spotlight.
LowRider
Member: #620
2/27/2004  11:03 AM
Capasa Amigo !! Is that true about Mr Thomas ?? wow
LJStillGrandmama
Member: #380
USA
2/27/2004  11:58 AM
Lowrider.. you're new, so you odnt know better.. but don;t listen to anything playa2 says. He calls himself a fan, but really all he wants is to go against the forum norm and get on everyone's nerves.

Personally... If I ran this board, I would've banned his IP address for some of the **** he writes... like in this thread alone.

He's obviously forgotten how quiet his boy Layden was, or how his man Don Chaney had much longer losing streaks than this.
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
LJStillGrandmama
Member: #380
USA
2/27/2004  12:01 PM
Just for you playa.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/022704/c0127ianc.html
Spike Lee will wear Larry Bird throwback jerseys to home games before Van Horn is a starting member of a championship team. Sooner or later, Mr. Softie had to go. Tim Thomas and Mohammed made the Knicks bigger, younger, more athletic. They also gave the Knicks two starters who could grow into attractive options for future trading partners. Tim Thomas and Mohammed did this without seriously compromising their team's chances of making the playoffs; the Knicks will still lose in the first or second playoff round in the sorry Eastern Conference, just like they would've with Van Horn.

The idea here isn't to get to the Eastern semis, but to eventually win a parade. I asked Isiah Thomas what he'd tell the average Knicks fan consumed with the small picture, the one that shows the Knicks losing their groove.

"Don't be blinded by the present," he said. "In order to continue to move up the ladder, you've got to be able to acquire players other teams may be interested in. At the trade deadline, I was the one turning down trades. Before that, I was the one making all the calls.

"We're trying to make this team more attractive to other star players. With the Van Horn trade, we picked up two starters for one. We picked up a big small forward who can move up and down the floor, and we got a guy who can play center in the East. (Dikembe) Mutombo is 37. Kurt (Thomas) might go as a free agent. At the end of the year, if we didn't make that trade, we could've ended up with no big people."

Explanation Given
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
When will Zeke give explanation of recent "MELTDOWN"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy