[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I don't care what anyone says, Lin looked scared last night...
Author Thread
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

2/24/2012  7:28 PM
I am not even ready to call this a failure. If the talent was able to make layups w/o being stripped repeatedly he would have racked up many more assists.
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
AUTOADVERT
Syniko
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3969

2/24/2012  7:31 PM
Knicks were absolutely useless in helping Lin out yesterday. Here is a kid who's getting paid peanuts compare to the two superstars in the team and he is the one that the HEATS issued a vendetta against. Too many expectations were being put on Lin's shoulders and he could only do so much against a strong defensive team like Heat.

The media played it up as a Lin vs Heat ordeal, but in reality, it was Amare and Melo's game to take control of and they both failed at it.

We were hoping for Lin to compose himself and get into the game but mentally, he was completely out of it. There is another big game coming and that is the San Antonio Spurs. I don't care about the Celtics because I'm sure Knicks can beat them with the team we have now.

Syniko

2/24/2012  7:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  7:46 PM
Now that this Heat game marks a low point for Lin, I hope he doesn't try to do too much to prove himself in the next few games. All I want is for Lin to circle the calendar and get ready for April when next they meet up with Heat again. Redemption time for Knicks.

Lnsanity needs to die down. The hype needs to die down so that everyone will get off Lin's back and just let him play basketball without any distractions.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/24/2012  9:55 PM
loweyecue wrote:I am not even ready to call this a failure. If the talent was able to make layups w/o being stripped repeatedly he would have racked up many more assists.

They always give the star the deserved treatment. Hence the arguement that you need stars to win. Their stars were in the game and they were receiving the calls. It was like an answering service:

Hello, this is the Three Amigos, how may we help you?

Yes, this is Jeremy Lin. I am calling because I am in your paint right now , about to score.

Ok, your call is important to us, please wait for the next available referee.

You can get your questions answered, and leave your comments on our website: www.threeamigos.org

Your call will be answered in the order it was received. . .all of our referees are currently assisting other players, please continue to hold for the next available referee.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/24/2012  10:01 PM
is this really surprising in the biggest game that a 23y/o who is essentially a rookie has played in? dude has made it over a million hurdles to get where he is, more then ever, this is a player who will learn from a game like last night. geez.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2012  10:36 PM
nyk4ever wrote:is this really surprising in the biggest game that a 23y/o who is essentially a rookie has played in? dude has made it over a million hurdles to get where he is, more then ever, this is a player who will learn from a game like last night. geez.

Totally agree. I also think there is an expectation that a foul will be called once in a while when you are getting hit and played as physcically as the Heat played Lin. I don't think anything in his short nba experience would prepare him to face a beating like last night without calls being made occasionaly.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Syniko

2/24/2012  10:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:is this really surprising in the biggest game that a 23y/o who is essentially a rookie has played in? dude has made it over a million hurdles to get where he is, more then ever, this is a player who will learn from a game like last night. geez.

Totally agree. I also think there is an expectation that a foul will be called once in a while when you are getting hit and played as physcically as the Heat played Lin. I don't think anything in his short nba experience would prepare him to face a beating like last night without calls being made occasionaly.

Apparently, the refs were sick of Linsanity as well and enjoyed watching Lin get bounced around in the paint.

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/24/2012  11:37 PM
The point of this is that MDA should make adjustments...In the playoffs, the game becomes essentially is a half court game...The pick and roll isn't so easily executable...The Knicks can't possible go into this only relying on Lin to execute the P&R...MDA has to put in other half court sets in case other teams shut down Lin going forward...We can't as an offense live by the pick and roll alone...
MarburyAnd1Crossover
Member: #3650

2/25/2012  12:06 AM
Look, Lin doesn't get scared. He overcomes.

He achieves his dreams.

"No such thing as failure, only feedback." - Art DeVany

Carmelo Anthony is ANTI-BASKETBALL
Syniko

2/25/2012  12:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2012  12:24 AM
holfresh wrote:The point of this is that MDA should make adjustments...In the playoffs, the game becomes essentially is a half court game...The pick and roll isn't so easily executable...The Knicks can't possible go into this only relying on Lin to execute the P&R...MDA has to put in other half court sets in case other teams shut down Lin going forward...We can't as an offense live by the pick and roll alone...

Baron Davis just needs to be more effective when he takes over for Lin. We can't have Lin come in and help build a lead only to lose it when Baron comes in. All these players who are being paid more than Lin are absolutely ineffective at the moment. I wish somebody paid me for a superstar salary for doing a mediocre job.

MarburyAnd1Crossover
Member: #3650

2/25/2012  12:30 AM
Knicks got banged out of the building.

If your Point is getting banged, you come up and bang back.

Lin got no love from his team last night. they let the heat beat up jeremy lin, take his food away.

before The Return, jeffries, chandler, and JR SWAGBALLS bang 'em back!

Carmelo Anthony is ANTI-BASKETBALL
Ira
Member: #91
2/25/2012  7:31 AM
Ok, Lin isn't God. He isn't even a veteran player. For all practical purposes, he's an undrafted rookie. He's going to have bad games - especially when good defensive teams key a big portion of their effort to stopping him. He still has shown a lot of promise and has the smarts and the work ethic to learn from his mistakes and improve his game. Stick with Lin.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/25/2012  8:39 AM
Lin looked scared, Davis looked petrified, Fields looked apprehensive, Chandler looked fearful, Melo looked irrational, MDA looked pale, Weber looked tan, Novak looked white, JR Looked cool, and Herb looked like he still has a job.........

Lin had a bad game and the Heat are awesome at this point.

What did we learn? Lin is not super human. 4 games in 5 days. First bad game since his resurrection. We also learned (shock alert) the Knicks are not contender status yet.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2012  9:12 AM
Shadowball

Jeremy Lin, in his eighth NBA start, is a marked man. In Miami, he was guarded closer than Oscar Robertson, Walt Frazier and Jerry West combined because no matter how much players deny it - they take the game very personally. The Heat were determined to shut down ONE player, as they knew he was the key to the Knicks offense. AND they resent the publicity and overhype.

I'm with Nalod... If Lin looked scared - everyone looked scared. Jeremy has been studied with more intensity than the Mona Lisa. He was caught in a playoff atmosphere for the first time, on the road, without much backcourt help. The former all star, veteran Baron Davis was 0-7. Rust never sleeps.

The Knicks, despite their errors in the first half, played Miami close and never wilted. That is something to build on.

The season just started.

once a knick always a knick
airchibundo507
Member: #3439

2/25/2012  9:53 AM
We've got to find a way to incorporate Melo more into this offense... and comfortably. This offense can't be entirely Lin dependent, as now we see how easily it is for a MIA/OKC/CHI to ruffle Lin's feathers.
"LINISH HIM!"
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/25/2012  10:18 AM
If Lin was scared, Stoudemire was scared. He had six turnovers.

Hell, Carmelo could play shooting guard in a big alignment. You want to rough up Lin? Cool. We bring a frontcourt of Jeffries, Harrellson and Chandler.

It's about to get physical.

once a knick always a knick
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/25/2012  12:44 PM
Lin didn't look any different to me. he looked like he had a bad game. the Miami defense looked like it was treating Lin with the same respect they give to Derrick Rose. that's respect. i have no doubt the kid is intelligent enough to put things in perspective and bounce back from this stronger than ever.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/25/2012  12:47 PM
i guess Deron Williams probably looked scared when he shot 4-16 and had 5 turnovers against Miami.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

2/25/2012  12:49 PM
eViL wrote:Lin didn't look any different to me. he looked like he had a bad game. the Miami defense looked like it was treating Lin with the same respect they give to Derrick Rose. that's respect. i have no doubt the kid is intelligent enough to put things in perspective and bounce back from this stronger than ever.

Yep.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/25/2012  1:05 PM
Scared is too strong a word. Nervous? Yes. From the closeups they had on him, Lin did look a little intimidated at first in facing that caliber of competition for the first time. Who could blame him? Look where he was a couple of weeks ago. Next thing he knows Lin is being followed by literally billions of people around the world, watching his every move. Doesn't mean he played that way.

By the end of the game he wasn't mentally as sharp as he's been and it looked like the past few weeks finally got to him but considering everything Lin has been through lately, that's absolutely normal.

The Heat are all that right now and he was in their cross hairs and Lin knew it. Add to that the emotional and physical toll the last few weeks must have been on Lin. He admitted after the game last night that he was gassed and needed a break.

Bill Russell used to throw up before every game he was so nervous, but did he play that way? Hell no.

I don't care what anyone says, Lin looked scared last night...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy