[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I don't care what anyone says, Lin looked scared last night...
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/24/2012  6:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  6:03 PM
The first half the kid looked scared which only reminded me of Fields in the first round of the playoffs against the Celts...Everyone is saying he came up against a great Heat defense but it was Chamlers and Coles...If you are honest, he looked over matched for the most part..They doubled at the top of the key like most teams do but it was essentially one on one defense that did him in...They played him physically and this may be a blueprint...I think MDA has to come up with a plan B for the playoffs...Let's be frank, last night was a playoff game...
AUTOADVERT
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

2/24/2012  6:03 PM
holfresh wrote:
The first half the kid looked scared which only reminded me of Fields in the first round of the playoffs against the Celts...Everyone is saying he came up against a great Heat defense but it was Chamlers and Coles...If you are honest, he looked over matched for the most part..They doubled at the top of the key like most teams do by it was essentially one on one defense that did him in...They played him physically and this may be a blueprint...I think MDA has to come up with a plan B for the playoffs...Let's be frank, lat night was a playoff game...

If you get hit everytime you touch the ball by people who weigh in excess of 260 lbs you would look scared too. Lin was mugged and mauled till his confidence was gone. HE didn't dare to run into the paint because the refs would let the Heat get away with murder.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
holfresh

2/24/2012  6:07 PM
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
The first half the kid looked scared which only reminded me of Fields in the first round of the playoffs against the Celts...Everyone is saying he came up against a great Heat defense but it was Chamlers and Coles...If you are honest, he looked over matched for the most part..They doubled at the top of the key like most teams do by it was essentially one on one defense that did him in...They played him physically and this may be a blueprint...I think MDA has to come up with a plan B for the playoffs...Let's be frank, lat night was a playoff game...

If you get hit everytime you touch the ball by people who weigh in excess of 260 lbs you would look scared too. Lin was mugged and mauled till his confidence was gone. HE didn't dare to run into the paint because the refs would let the Heat get away with murder.

U ever see the old Knick playoff games...Welcome to the NBA...

loweyecue

2/24/2012  6:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  6:13 PM
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:

YEah and in those games both sides went at it. We are not allowed to even breathe within half a foot of Lebron and Wade without getting called. Do you actually watch the games or do you just hate on everyone so you can prove how we need Melo?

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
SlimChin
Member: #3363

2/24/2012  6:13 PM
yeah he did but what'd you expect him to do? put the team on his shoulders AGAIN, look Lebron in the eyes and go for 25 pts and 14 assists against the best team in the NBA?

damn the expectations...

holfresh wrote:The first half the kid looked scared which only reminded me of Fields in the first round of the playoffs against the Celts...Everyone is saying he came up against a great Heat defense but it was Chamlers and Coles...If you are honest, he looked over matched for the most part..They doubled at the top of the key like most teams do but it was essentially one on one defense that did him in...They played him physically and this may be a blueprint...I think MDA has to come up with a plan B for the playoffs...Let's be frank, last night was a playoff game...
holfresh

2/24/2012  6:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  6:14 PM
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:

YEah and in those games both sides went at it. We are not allowed to even breathe within half a foot of Lebron and Wade without getting called. Do you actually watch the games or do you just hate on everyone so you can prove how we need Melo?

I watched it twice...

loweyecue

2/24/2012  6:16 PM
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I watched it twice...

And you think we could play he same type of basketball as in the old Knicks playoff games? Tyson Chandler got atechnical for dunking the ball. Knock People down? He would get suspended for life.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2012  6:17 PM
No one game can define who a player is!!! This was one game and pretty much the worst game Lin has played as a starter! There could be any number of reasons he had a bad night but mostly if you play enough games your gonna have a few bad games.

Lin hasn't been fully developed as a PG yet. He has a lot to learn and there's been very little time to work on counter measures to what teams have been trying to do. The coaches will work with the team on how to deal with what the Heat and other teams have started to do to Lin. This is just the beginning of Lin's education so don't jump off the bandwagon and feed into this notion that he's been exposed and somehow his success was a flash in the pan. Haterz can't wait to tear Lin down! It's inevitable when a player soars as high as he has.

loweyecue

2/24/2012  6:22 PM
nixluva wrote:No one game can define who a player is!!! This was one game and pretty much the worst game Lin has played as a starter! There could be any number of reasons he had a bad night but mostly if you play enough games your gonna have a few bad games.

Lin hasn't been fully developed as a PG yet. He has a lot to learn and there's been very little time to work on counter measures to what teams have been trying to do. The coaches will work with the team on how to deal with what the Heat and other teams have started to do to Lin. This is just the beginning of Lin's education so don't jump off the bandwagon and feed into this notion that he's been exposed and somehow his success was a flash in the pan. Haterz can't wait to tear Lin down! It's inevitable when a player soars as high as he has.

When Miami went on a 9-2 run last year after their dismal start everyone was talking championship and how great they were blah blah blah. We go on a 9-2 run and its still MDA can't do this, and Lin is a 6 game wonderboy, and we can't beat good teams -- We are the Knicks so we can't possibly do anything right even when we are doing it right. The ONLY issue now is Amare's play and that is worrisome. But I don't get this let's trash Lin after one game movement.

holfresh

2/24/2012  6:23 PM
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I watched it twice...

And you think we could play he same type of basketball as in the old Knicks playoff games? Tyson Chandler got atechnical for dunking the ball. Knock People down? He would get suspended for life.

There was more to it than just being roughed up a bit...He missed tons of open passes...He didn't see Amare cutting to the basket on three occasions, missed an alley hoop to Melo, missed another to Chandler...This was more than just having a dude in your side pocket all game....

loweyecue

2/24/2012  6:29 PM
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I watched it twice...

There was more to it than just being roughed up a bit...He missed tons of open passes...He didn't see Amare cutting to the basket on three occasions, missed an alley hoop to Melo, missed another to Chandler...This was more than just having a dude in your side pocket all game....

I was responding to your thread title of why he looked scared. I am not saying he didnt play badly because he did. I didnt think this was winnable game because hey have much better chemistry and we are just starting to find ours. I am not very disappointed with this result.

thejerk
Member: #962
2/24/2012  6:39 PM
Its all about Lin maturing at this point. This loss helps him out much more than a win would have.
nixluva
USA
2/24/2012  6:59 PM
Lin's gonna be sick when he sees the game tape cuz he's gonna realize how he could've done things much better. IMO Lin was "mentally" worn out! People don't appreciate that a kid going thru this much will hit a wall sooner or later. IMO that's what happened to Lin. He just hit a wall mentally. Kid need a little break to recharge.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2012  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  7:04 PM
Scared? Did Melo look scared? Amare? No need to psychoanalyze the players. It's really quite simple. They were over-matched.
upstate
Member: #3781

2/24/2012  7:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  7:07 PM
nixluva wrote:Lin's gonna be sick when he sees the game tape cuz he's gonna realize how he could've done things much better. IMO Lin was "mentally" worn out! People don't appreciate that a kid going thru this much will hit a wall sooner or later. IMO that's what happened to Lin. He just hit a wall mentally. Kid need a little break to recharge.

+1 For the first game, it looked like Lin was not able to mentally stay in it the whole time and continue to make the right decision 90% of the time like he has thus far. Some breaks also went against Lin, for example when Battier guessed right on the fake pass and when several Lin shots rolled around and came out. Still, Lin after the game said he gave it all he had, which was not enough on this occasion. Another thing I liked was his stealing the ball from Wade with a minute left when Wade was trying post him up 1 on 1 and embarrass him further, and his drawing a charge on Wade on the fastbreak earlier in the game. Lin continued playing until the end but just wasn't able to come up with enough of the right decisions this time around. Lin's a good student, give him a second chance at a test, and I have a feeling he will come back with more right answers. Real Knick fans know he has the talent and the drive--even during the game, it was mentioned that Lin's agility and speed tests were the highest that the Knicks had ever measured. Ultimately, better to lose than to win at this stage of the season, and he will study this tape much harder because of the loss.

holfresh

2/24/2012  7:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  7:14 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Scared? Did Melo look scared? Amare? No need to psychoanalyze the players. It's really quite simple. They were over-matched.

As a matter of fact no...They we missed on several times under the basket....Amare had 11 points in the first half and grand total of 7 shots at the basket the entire game... This should never happen...To his credit, he has never complained about the amount of opportunities he gets or don't get...

upstate
Member: #3781

2/24/2012  7:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2012  7:15 PM
holfresh wrote:The first half the kid looked scared which only reminded me of Fields in the first round of the playoffs against the Celts...Everyone is saying he came up against a great Heat defense but it was Chamlers and Coles...If you are honest, he looked over matched for the most part..They doubled at the top of the key like most teams do but it was essentially one on one defense that did him in...They played him physically and this may be a blueprint...I think MDA has to come up with a plan B for the playoffs...Let's be frank, last night was a playoff game...

I did not think Lin looked scared but did think he made more wrong decisions than usual, possibly due in part to mental fatigue and in part to the fact that the Heat were allowed to beat him up in the 1st quarter without any whistles (although he has played through similar treatment before, I think he overcompensated/overadjusted this game by giving the Heat too much credit in the second half).

One example is how Lin and Melo were smiling on the court early in the 3rd quarter and looked relaxed when Lin was shooting a free throw, and how Lin drew 3 fouls within a few minutes early in the 3rd quarter when he attacked. For this game, he just couldn't keep it up and played too conservatively to keep his turnovers down in the 2nd half. There were also a few times when he should have pulled up for the teardrop or short jumper instead of driving all the way in. Also, Lin missed a few dishes that he normally would have seen. All in all, he was just a bit mentally not on his A game, and when you have the Heat swarming 100% against you, those split second decisions will cost you.

It could have also been a deliberate coaching decision/suggestion to have Lin pick up his dribble more when he perceived pressure in the 2nd half to avoid turnovers rather than attack, but we will never know. Ultimately it was just a series of decisions that were bad. There were times he should have passed, times he should have pulled up, and times he should have driven. If he was scared, he would have repeatedly made the same mistake, but this was not the case.

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/24/2012  7:17 PM
nixluva wrote:Lin's gonna be sick when he sees the game tape cuz he's gonna realize how he could've done things much better. IMO Lin was "mentally" worn out! People don't appreciate that a kid going thru this much will hit a wall sooner or later. IMO that's what happened to Lin. He just hit a wall mentally. Kid need a little break to recharge.

Lin was clearly overwelmed by the intensity that the Heat threw at him. It was a bit intimidating, and with the several non-calls, it grew into a mugging. Jeremy resorted to that east and west movement that typifies our ball movement when we start going stagnant. What happened is not so important as how Lin responds. I'm hoping that he goes to the tape room and sees where he can improve on last nights' performance. I liked that he did try to go to the hole, even though no fouls were being called. Let's see what this break will do for team chemistry.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
nixluva
USA
2/24/2012  7:21 PM
The hope is that when they get a chance to work on things this week Lin will be given clear instruction on making better use of the talent he has around him. Some people are so ready for Lin to fall that they don't realize that he's only getting started and his success is real. Not every team has the kind of defense the heat has or the lakers or Mavs! Lin only failed against the Heat. I'll take that for now!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2012  7:27 PM
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Scared? Did Melo look scared? Amare? No need to psychoanalyze the players. It's really quite simple. They were over-matched.

As a matter of fact no...They we missed on several times under the basket....Amare had 11 points in the first half and grand total of 7 shots at the basket the entire game... This should never happen...To his credit, he has never complained about the amount of opportunities he gets or don't get...

He was scared to shoot the ball
I don't care what anyone says, Lin looked scared last night...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy