This team is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/26/2004  11:18 AM
Posted by simrud:

This is of topic but I just have to ask, Playa is it really you? lol

Anyways, a day after being pissed off beyond beleaf at the game (I watched this one with a bunch of freinds, and that turned out to possibly be the worst way to spent the night) this is what I got to say.

First of all, this team is clarly not built to win this year. It hit me somewhere in the 4th quarter that with Demarr, Sweetney and Mohammed all getting signifcant playing time our linepu can actually look like this:
C Mohammed
PF Sweetney
SF Thomas
SG Johnson
PG Marbury
The oldest guy here is 27 if I'm not mistaken. If this is not rebuilding then what is? On that list there are 4 lottery picks and one 1st rounder. Johnson and Sweetney both had very good games. Thomas had a great game before and was going well before gettin a minor injury. Marbury is Marbury. Mohammed had a great game before, he can definetly start at C on most teams in the NBA. I don't know about you guys, but this exciting, we have a possiblility of a core starting 5 under 28 years old all across that has the potential to have everything you can ask for. I mean all 5 of these guys can dunk. When was the last time we had that.

Also, Thomas in injured, he can't rebound and play good D as he is, so he is half the player he is. Houston and Thomas were out for the game. How exactly are we supposed to win with 3 of the best 4 players out or hurt?

if you look on the espn roster for our team, you will notice that the average age for our team is 27 with mutumbo in the lineup. big change from last year where it was 29-30. if mutumbo retires we will not have a person older than 35 on the roster. so the age issue is fading fast.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/26/2004  11:57 AM
the age doesn't matter. No big guy on our team is athletic and quick except Tim Thomas.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2004  12:20 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

the age doesn't matter. No big guy on our team is athletic and quick except Tim Thomas.

haven't really seen him play much, but how about Nzar?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
keyindabox
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #562
USA
2/26/2004  6:19 PM
Alright these are the reasons I am happy and not happy with our Knicks....

Happy because...

1. Much improvemnt from last year
2. This year we went from 10th to 6th
3. We have a great point guard leading us
4. We got rid of Scott Layden and Don Chaney and got Isiah Thomas and Lenny Wilkens
5. We got Kareem to help
6. We have gotten way more athletic, which is what you need to compete with the big boys
7. Houston is coming back to play against Deenver and if not then, then definantly against Sixers at home next week
8. Tim Thomas's injury is not serious

Not happy because...

1. We treated Don Chaney like **** in his final days
2. We go on winning streaks then losing streaks
3. We have not taken full advantage of oppertunities we have had
4. We didn't really get a low-post threat(we probably will get Sheed in the summer)

As you can see, I'm not all that dissapointed with our guys but I expected better after all the hype and high expectations. But hey, how good do you expect them to do? They just got back in the playoff race this year! Just getting to 6th place is a big acomplishment for the Knicks since they have dessapeared for a while.So for the rest of the year we just have to sit back and see what happens. Enjoy the show
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
This team is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy