[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks @ Phoniex Suns Offical Thread(2/25)
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/25/2004  11:28 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

We were out-rebounded 27-58!!!!!!!!!!!

KT only grabbed 6rebs in 40min! and he lead us in rebounding! No wonder this was so hard to watch!

Effort and quickness to the ball were not there for us.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/25/2004  11:29 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Dice played about as well as Sweetney did for the Knicks.

My point is he has bad knees and still did it sweets is healthy. Where is the pride , where is the effort ? The coach should get the blame for this and he gets a freakin free ride.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/25/2004  11:45 PM
Sweetney is still adjusting to the NBA game, after having been buried on the IR for the first half of the season. Plus, he needs to drop 25 lbs.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/25/2004  11:57 PM
sweetney looked good on offense but really slow on defense, as did Kt as did Nazr as did Othella as did Deke Yeah we really got more athletic upfront.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/25/2004 23:57:49]
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
2/26/2004  12:04 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

sweetney looked good on offense but really slow on defense, as did Kt as did Nazr as did Othella as did Deke Yeah we really got more athletic upfront.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/25/2004 23:57:49]

yup KT should've been shipped, same w/ deke and shandumb sux anderson (one of the least talented players in the league for the minutes he is getting IMO). and yup othella sucks too, but i dont mind him as a 9th man.
Yes! - Marv Albert
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/26/2004  7:59 AM
That was really ugly. Everyone gets blame for this. What I have noticed is a lack of energy on the whole team. Rebounding is about wanting it. No Knicks wanted it last night or for the last 4 games. Penny has been horrid of late. Marbury is not the same as he is all alone on the O right now. NY needs another offensive player now! Baker should come and HOUston is needed now!

Anderson, Harrington and Norris should sit! Anderson has to be the worse ball handler in the world! The guy makes the worse passes I have ever seen.

I agree now that this trade hurt this team for the now. THe chemistry is gone. An off season move would have been better. These guys need a month together to get better and they need a low post scorer.

NY needs Wallace at PF with NAZR-TT-H20 and STEPH. Hopefully it is what happens this summer.

Embarrasing and discouraging. I am not happy about the direction this team is headed and I mostly blame the trade but last night I blame the coach because the players were F-L-A-T!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/26/2004  8:13 AM
Finally Gony your eyes are open. I saw this months ago
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
2/26/2004  8:33 AM
Posted by playa2:

Finally Gony your eyes are open. I saw this months ago
NOt sure what you are talking about, but "months ago" you were still telling everyone how Layden and CHaney were going to lead nY to the promised land.

I call it the way I see it. NY is playing poorly now and I think he trade is the main reason. During the season that was a lateral move and it messed with team chemistry. Unless you get a great player you dont make a move like that, I have learned now. Hopefully IT has too.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/26/2004  9:28 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

I call it the way I see it. NY is playing poorly now and I think he trade is the main reason. During the season that was a lateral move and it messed with team chemistry. Unless you get a great player you dont make a move like that, I have learned now. Hopefully IT has too.

I disagree with you GoNY. The trade definatly set us back, but I think the time was right. No one thought that this year we were going to win a championship with or without the trade....so waiting until the offseason just delays the building of the team. Yes we'd probably not be losing these games, but I don't see how waiting would have been better for the long term. Agree?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
2/26/2004  9:56 AM
Andrew -

I agree that this team with KVh was NOT going to win the East. KVH was probably going to disappear anyway come the playoffs. I see your point but I just think the group with KVH had a comfortable feeling with eachother. They had a chance to get to the 5 spot and win the first round, i thought.

I liked the trade for one reason and that is Mohammed. I think in the long run He will be a goold player for NY. Deke is old and quite honestly, bad. The trade was made for the long term and I think it was made with Wallace being the 4 not KT. So in that sense they will be better. TT will fill that SF spot better than too.

For this year, the playoffs were unexpected 3 months ago. Before the trade the 2nd round was a definite possibilty. Now I think it will be a first round loss. No matter as long as they make the playoffs and the pick they gave Phoenix is at best a mid round pick.

I guess, I just feel the energy and chemistry are gone. Hopefully a healthy Houston will get them back to playing right. IF not, they lack outside shooting and rebounding, 2 things KVH gave them.

You are right though, the trade and ALL of IT's moves are for the long term. I think he is building a young athletic team. I just think for the short term, the trade threw this team out of whack.

NY is 0-4 over the last 4 and they really should have been 3-1. If they were, they would be 29-30 and only 2 games behind Milwaukee.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2004  12:11 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

IMO this game will definitely be a W for us, which should start a streak of wins.

Nice call! Team needs chemistry. THey need to pull it together!
Knicks @ Phoniex Suns Offical Thread(2/25)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy