[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Biggest sleeper in the draft-literally and likely second round pick
Author Thread
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
2/27/2004  7:28 AM
One thing that stood out to me from his stats was that he averages only .03 blks per game! In a zone or man to man he should be able to come up with more blocks than that.
Bring back dee-fense
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/27/2004  7:50 AM
[quote]
Posted by BigRedDog:

Portland had a much better team than we did going into the season, both with player talent and salary cap situation. You can't fault the knicks or Isiah for that.Since Isiah took over he improved the future of this team.
Doc Rivers recently stated that the 2 most critical positions were an elite center or elite point guard, and since theres only a few elite centers picking up Marbury is more important.

One thing my friend What Zeke did was make us more exciting to watch not that much better,I with Briggs I would take Zach Randolph along with Allan Houston(inside outside game) and KVH and FW, that would be a better team than what we have now hands down. Doc didn't mention a PF in the west would be the equivelent to a center in the EAST.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2004  8:43 AM
Most of the Knicks high-priced players will be gone in 2-3 years. Then they will be able to bring in a top-notch bigman to play with Marbury. It may even be someone on the level of Duncan, Shaq, Yao. With Marbury the team would be unstoppable!
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/27/2004  9:16 AM
Randolph couldn't pass the ball to a teamate even if his life depended on it.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2004  10:28 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Portland has a better roster than us and I personally would take Zach Randolph over Marbury any day of the week.
Really? Was Zach available? Again... whats your point? Would you rather have Marbury, a guy you called a top 10 player and unguardable a week ago, or would you rather have Rahim? Didnt take Mo Cheeks long to realize about Reef's D did it?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/27/2004  1:11 PM
Portland has won 5 in a row since the trade. Rahim has played very well, and both Ratliff and Rahim have been praised for making the Portlad D better. When you are playing with a shtty team like atlanta, sometimes these guys didnt do the little things or gave the extra effort--now that they have more talent around them---you play with more intensity. remember Rahim is 6-9 245 with long arms. thats a big mobile person.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
2/27/2004  1:16 PM
so you would rather have Rahim then Marbury? Your still not really saying anything here.

Ratliff has had a bigger impact than Rahim if you watch those games...
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/27/2004  2:23 PM
In all honesty, I think a frontline of Ratlif Rahim Van Hornw Deke harrington and sweetney and a trade off of Thomas for White and a pick wouldve been in the franchise's best intersest.

Our assets would be

C Ratliff Doleac Deke
PF Rahim Sweetney Harrington
SF Van Horn White
Sg Houston[white while he was injured] Johnson
PG Williams Eisley
Andersen
Lampe
signed a vet PG as a 3rd pg for the end of the year

2 first round draft picks and still own the rights to milos. I would rather be in this position

i.e Mcdyess and Ward for Ratliff and Rahim
Thomas for White and a restricted #1
cut weatherspoon. thats it. number 1 i have a better team that i have now, i added assets instead of giving them away and i have tremendous roster flexibilty.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
2/27/2004  3:41 PM
it looks good on paper but the defense is terrible when you combine KVH, Rahim, Frank, White, Eisley and Houston. Not to mention you have no playmaker, so ALL of your offense is coming off one on one play.. something we saw didnt work early this year.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2004  3:57 PM
Frank was well on his way to being a good playmaker, driving and penetrating the way he was doing. However, I don't like Rahim. We need a real PF/C if we're gonna win a title. Now we can still get someone like that. Put him with Marbury and the Knicks are a championship contender.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/27/2004  3:58 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Portland has won 5 in a row since the trade.

Teams they have played:
- Clippers
- Golden State
- Boston
- Miami
- Orlando

Gotta keep it in perspective.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/27/2004  11:05 PM
Briggs the NBA scout....unreal, LOL..

This is the same guy who last year said C.Kaman was the best big man coming out of college and the Knicks should do any & everything they can to draft him.....

said that Sweetney can JUMP OUT THE GYM..is the best Power Forward in College and the Knicks should do any & everything they can to draft........

Said C.Villanueva* (UCONN) is the best H.S. player in the country (behind LeBron of course) and the Knicks should do any & everything they can to draft him....

*C.Villanueva is having a decent season in UCONN, but with no jump shot or post up game, has not been able to crack the starting line-up.
Biggest sleeper in the draft-literally and likely second round pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy