[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chandler and Lin...
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/22/2012  3:45 AM
Lin and Tyson are a solid core for this teams offense and defense. As for Lin's defense, Lin really doesn't get beat often. A guy like Deron running around several picks to get open isn't the same as just beating Lin easily. Also Lin was pretty tired from the game before and Deron took advantage of that as well as the other Nets guards. We didn't have Shump in there to give Lin a break and shut down Deron a little.

I didn't much care for the game Deron played or his coach basically cosigning a "Me" performance like that. It could've backfired if the Knicks actually hit some shots. Here's the thing tho. Lin quietly had a very serious level of production for his team:

21 pts, 9 asts, 7 rebs, 4 stls with only 3 TO's is a GREAT game

Lin was looking to help his teammates get good shots. He would've had an even bigger assist night if guys hit more shots. Lin got his points in the flow of the offense and didn't change his game to try and get back at Deron.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/22/2012  7:34 AM
holfresh wrote:
JCrusher wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Syniko wrote:Lose one game and panic mode sets in. Win one game and suddenly we're title contender. Where are all these fans coming from? they're jumping to conclusion before the final buzzer goes off.

Not sure who you are refering to but I have preached patients on the board time and time again...But how can whats been happening with Chandler be overlooked...

Still haven't made a legit argument on why chandler is killing this team. Ya he did a bonehead move yesterday but lets put it this way if we dont have chandler we cant rebound or defend. I mean Amare has been a non factor and melo when he is actually on the court does isos all game and he will get 25pts after taking 50 shots lol

First of all, I never said Chandler was killing this team...That was another poster in another thread...Second, my argument was made in my opening comments..Third, you are essentially making the same argument in my opening..What's going to happen in the playoffs when Chandler collect his 13th tech in the playoffs..He is currently on his 8th..

your right. Chandler has clearly shown in the past to be a liability come playoff time
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2012  7:41 AM
The honey moon is over when I say its over......

Was the honeymoon over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?

No!

Was the honeymoon over when Sports Linistrated put him on the cover two weeks in a row?

Was it over when ESPN told the world there was a weak spot in his armor?

But when Melo comes back, its over?

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/22/2012  8:07 AM
Nalod wrote:The honey moon is over when I say its over......

Was the honeymoon over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?

No!

Was the honeymoon over when Sports Linistrated put him on the cover two weeks in a row?

Was it over when ESPN told the world there was a weak spot in his armor?

But when Melo comes back, its over?

Chandler, Lin and Carmelo go together like peas and carrots.

We are in the midst of some of the most beautiful basketball played around these parts in a decade.

It took that other Big Three in Miami a year to define a playing personality.

Our guys have been together for one full game. Sheesh.

once a knick always a knick
RonRon
Member: #246
2/22/2012  9:39 AM
I don't understand how TC and Lin can even get the finger pointed at them.
They have flaws but they are the 2 players that we should build around.
TC is the most consistent Knick player from the start to know.
Lin has made EVERYONE around him better, something Melo and Amare has yet been able to do.

I am sorry but Amare and Melo, especially Amare, that don't mesh well with what we did during our winning streak.
I feel bad for Amare because of his loss of his brother and he has been trying his best, sacrificing his role from last year since we acquired Melo till now.
Amare is not a stretch 4, plays HORRIBLE defense, and has no post moves, or moves in general.
David Lee would fit this squad much better than Amare would, with his ability to penetrate, finish great with his ambidextrous hands, post up ability, and ability to play point/forward. While Amare is much better playing defense at Center than David Lee, David Lee is a much better Forward.

As for Melo, he doesn't have the room to post up consistently which is his biggest strength, because TC and Amare both take up too much room, and we are lacking a stretch 4, that can also be a play solid defense. ATM sounds great on paper but they do not fit well together and that has been our biggest problem.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/22/2012  9:47 AM
The overreaction on this board lately is concerning.

It's one game. Relax. The Nets also beat Chicago the other night.

The Knicks have a a piece at all the positions now. They will be fine. Chandler is a huge key to this team, even more so than Melo and Amare, IMO. Give them a few weeks to come together.

SlimChin
Member: #3363

2/22/2012  9:50 AM
Chandler is always on Defensive lockdown mode plus the bad officiating gets him in foul trouble. Amare on the other hand gets in foul trouble but his D is horrible.

yeah Lin's one on one defense needs some work but he'll get better.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/22/2012  10:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I'm also noticing that LIN refers to chandler more then AMARE..twice he had amre on the left and chandler on the right, the pass should have went to AMRE, but lin forced it to chandler who fumble the ball out of bounds (spacing was really bad)..later on the same thing happen and tyson got his shot partially blocked, while amare would have had the easy lay up..

I see this as the big problem. Amare was open under the basket at least 3 times last game and no one passed him the ball, and I have noticed that Lin has preferred Chandler to Amare. While it is important to keep Chandler into the game, you have got to feed your superstar PF to get him started and confident.

Trust the Process
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/22/2012  10:11 AM
There's a good chance that we're set for a long time at the PG and C positions.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/22/2012  10:22 AM
Clearly, Chandler and Lin have been our MVP's for the seaons thus far. That isn't being disputed. But, if you look at last nights game and few others, Chandler has lost his cool a few times. He is one of the league leaders in Tech's and he clearly let that punk Humphries get under his skin. As a team leader he cant let that happen.

As for Lin, he has been an absolute god-send, no question. He has made us relevant and is the missing piece that we desperately needed. But, cant be blind to the fact that he has had some at trouble at times defending opposing PG's. Calderon hurt him to the point that Shump had to be switched onto him. And last night, Williams absolutely lit him up. Lin gets lost sometimes trying to fight over screens. Lin and Chandler are our (up the middle) defense and it needs to be tightened up some. Chanlder hurts the team when he gets those bogus fouls early in the game. I dont see that as criticism, but a fair assessment.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2012  10:51 AM
Uptown wrote:Clearly, Chandler and Lin have been our MVP's for the seaons thus far. That isn't being disputed. But, if you look at last nights game and few others, Chandler has lost his cool a few times. He is one of the league leaders in Tech's and he clearly let that punk Humphries get under his skin. As a team leader he cant let that happen.

As for Lin, he has been an absolute god-send, no question. He has made us relevant and is the missing piece that we desperately needed. But, cant be blind to the fact that he has had some at trouble at times defending opposing PG's. Calderon hurt him to the point that Shump had to be switched onto him. And last night, Williams absolutely lit him up. Lin gets lost sometimes trying to fight over screens. Lin and Chandler are our (up the middle) defense and it needs to be tightened up some. Chanlder hurts the team when he gets those bogus fouls early in the game. I dont see that as criticism, but a fair assessment.

Can't disagree with his chippy fouls and getting angry. I thought Humphies got the best of him because the Nets won.

Chandlers Tech of going to the bench was asking for a double and ejection if hit scaled up another notch.

I often thought Dwights past technical problem was that of a selfish player not being in control. With Tyson, its about the passion but the refs are looking at him and he has to knock it down or face a suspension.

Melo caught on to the act and trippped a Net which was pretty stupid of him. Thats the smiley punk melo that does stupid things once in a while. I don't like that Melo. I like the one that has been playing defense and rebounding when his shot leaves him! I Suppose even the great ones regress from time to time.

Chandler and Lin...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy