[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Whats going on with Amare ??
Author Thread
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

2/21/2012  1:09 AM
crzymdups wrote:Amar'e is done. I started a thread on this at the beginning of the year and it's only gotten worse.

He has ZERO lateral movement on defense. Compared to Jeffries and Tyson, his defense is ASTOUNDINGLY bad.

Trade him while he still has any value left. Maybe other teams won't realize he's done. And, no, I'm not talking Amar'e and Tyson for Dwight. EFF that. I want Tyson here.

Trade Amar'e for anything - to Houston for Scola and Courtney Lee? I dunno. Something.

Houston never makes that trade. First Scola is better at this point that Amare and second, Amare's contract is uninsured. We can only take back someone elses drek.

AUTOADVERT
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

2/21/2012  1:12 AM
MS wrote:1. Dwight Howard
2. Andrew Bynum
3. Marc Gasol
4. Marcin Gortat
5. Horford if healthy

You could really make the case that the following are interchangeable

Anderson Varejo, Hibbert, Chandler, Deandre, Noah

And everyone thought that David Lee deal was a joke at 12MM I think we would trade Amare for Lee straight up as he is the better all around player. I really have never seen a guy have rebounds knocked out of hands like he had tonight. He just doesn't hustle and isn't a smart ball player

Bosh? I am not sure who is the C/PF, he or Anthony.

colombian0725
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3795

2/21/2012  1:47 AM
I don't know what his deal is but he doesn't even like a allstar reserve. 17 million that could be better spent. Back up point guard or two Power forwards and a center.
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/21/2012  9:42 AM
hey martin, can we please just sticky this thread so there's only one what the hell is wrong with Amare thread to keep track of?
Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/21/2012  9:52 AM
I watched Amare really close last night. Here's a few things I viewed.

1. His shot is off. He's aiming his shot and thinking too much. When he gets a wide open look as if he's hesitating before he takes the shot.
2. He's not going up strong when he has the ball around the rim. His shots are getting blocked as he's trying to get cute with layup moves as oppossed to going up strong.
3. ISO - He needs to stop with the ISO. He can't dribble and he's trying to cross people over and winds up dribbling the ball off his leg/foot.

I truly think it's a combination of the extra weight he put on and the lack of training camp. His conditioning seems off much like the way Dirk looked when the season started. I'm hoping the all star break gives him some time to get his crap together.

We can't win if Amare keeps playing this way.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/21/2012  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2012  10:15 AM
CashMoney wrote:I watched Amare really close last night. Here's a few things I viewed.

1. His shot is off. He's aiming his shot and thinking too much. When he gets a wide open look as if he's hesitating before he takes the shot.
2. He's not going up strong when he has the ball around the rim. His shots are getting blocked as he's trying to get cute with layup moves as oppossed to going up strong.
3. ISO - He needs to stop with the ISO. He can't dribble and he's trying to cross people over and winds up dribbling the ball off his leg/foot.

I truly think it's a combination of the extra weight he put on and the lack of training camp. His conditioning seems off much like the way Dirk looked when the season started. I'm hoping the all star break gives him some time to get his crap together.

1. definitely agree. he had some quality looks last night. last season he was automatic from mid range. this has to come around

2. def. noticed that places he used to dunk from he is not doing it anymore. no idea why.

3. this has been a problem with him even when he was on a tear last season. seems to be more of a mental things than anything.

if he has EVERYTHING working offensively that makes me willing to overlook his constant mental lapses on D and failure to box out/rebound, etc.

till that happens it's just painful to watch him. really rooting for him to get it together.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
2/21/2012  12:43 PM
CashMoney wrote:I watched Amare really close last night. Here's a few things I viewed.

also, he's playing Power Forward instead of center like last season. He's not going against bigger lumbering guys anymore but, guys more like himself who still have lateral movement

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
2/21/2012  12:44 PM
Plus, Amare makes it easy, no craftyness to his move to the basket. Either he beats you with his first step which will usually result in a score, foul or both. Now, having seemingly lost a step, they are resulting in block, offensive fouls and turnovers.
the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/21/2012  8:35 PM

I agree with you..but to piggy back on you post..He looks terrible when TYSON is in the game, these 2 should get limited minutes together..I have been saying since the begining of the yr, Amare need to start but run more with the second unit

ES
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
2/21/2012  8:41 PM
Either you can play or you can't play

knicks1248 wrote:He looks terrible when TYSON is in the game, these 2 should get limited minutes together..I have been saying since the begining of the yr, Amare need to start but run more with the second unit

knicks1248 - another teammate cannot make you look bad. Either you can play or you cannot. Amar'e does not have the ball handling skills to do the impulsive things he attempts. He does not rebound like a 6'11. He is not a jump shooter.

But he may need to remake himself into one.

The caveat? If Amar'e reinvents himself as a jump shooter, he becomes an expensive version of Steve Novak.

once a knick always a knick
Whats going on with Amare ??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy