[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Whats going on with Amare ??
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/20/2012  4:36 AM
Why are people acting as though they don't realise that having your brother/ father figure die a week or two ago can effect you? Really?

That's why he looks out of it mentally- it's difficult to be confident and aggressive when you're heartbroken.

As for the physical side of things- we had this discussion a few weeks ago- everyone said how his back must be an issue, how it was the extra weight, how he had lost a step, how it was Melo's presence, how he was in decline etc etc. Then he started getting his legs back, and he looked like he was back to the Amar'e of old. Then his brother died, and he had over a week off. Now he's back he needs to get his legs back again.

You realise he had 26 and 12 in the game before the Mavs? What's with all the short term memory?

Look, Amar'e is not going to look as good this season as he did last- his back recovery stopped him from working out over the summer- that led to weight gain, which he then converted into muscle. So the end result is he came into this season too heavy, rusty and out of shape. This weakened his confidence, and just as he was getting things together, his brother died.

AUTOADVERT
colombian0725
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3795

2/20/2012  4:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:Why are people acting as though they don't realise that having your brother/ father figure die a week or two ago can effect you? Really?

That's why he looks out of it mentally- it's difficult to be confident and aggressive when you're heartbroken.

As for the physical side of things- we had this discussion a few weeks ago- everyone said how his back must be an issue, how it was the extra weight, how he had lost a step, how it was Melo's presence, how he was in decline etc etc. Then he started getting his legs back, and he looked like he was back to the Amar'e of old. Then his brother died, and he had over a week off. Now he's back he needs to get his legs back again.

You realise he had 26 and 12 in the game before the Mavs? What's with all the short term memory?

Look, Amar'e is not going to look as good this season as he did last- his back recovery stopped him from working out over the summer- that led to weight gain, which he then converted into muscle. So the end result is he came into this season too heavy, rusty and out of shape. This weakened his confidence, and just as he was getting things together, his brother died.

So everyone here is a doctor now? "It must be his back".

colombian0725
Member: #3795

2/20/2012  4:54 AM
smackeddog wrote:Why are people acting as though they don't realise that having your brother/ father figure die a week or two ago can effect you? Really?

Dude he has played bad all year long.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/20/2012  6:34 AM
A role player? Really? This "what have you done for me lately" mentality is quite entertaining, guys.

Amar'e recovered from injury during the offseason. Seemed like his legs weren't NBA ready yet at first. Just when he was starting to look like himself again, he lost a family member. And so he sucks and shouldn't play or should be traded? And his succes throughout his career, his big play for us last season be dammed?

Come on!

Its great that we have such a deep team that we don't need him to carry us. And its amazing that Lin is so solid, we now have 3 main options. But make no mistake: Amar'e is a really vital part of our championship aspirations. He deserves all the time he needs to get going like he can.

And at some point, he will do it.

Knicks_Fan
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/20/2012  6:37 AM
If you look at his numbers so far this season, I think you can say he's been improving:

December (3 games) - shooting percentage - 405 - 17.3 PPG
January (16 games) - shooting percentage - 433 - 17.6 PPG
February (7 Games) - shooting percentage - 496 - 19.4 PPG

Its probably a combination of rust, injury and age - where the miles and age have him taking time to find his game more than in the past, perhaps.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/20/2012  6:56 AM
Amare is not this teams biggest issue. He will be fine. His teammates need to look for him more than they did, but as Franco pointed out, he is getting better as the season has gone along.
Trust the Process
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
2/20/2012  7:00 AM
franco12 wrote:If you look at his numbers so far this season, I think you can say he's been improving:

December (3 games) - shooting percentage - 405 - 17.3 PPG
January (16 games) - shooting percentage - 433 - 17.6 PPG
February (7 Games) - shooting percentage - 496 - 19.4 PPG

Its probably a combination of rust, injury and age - where the miles and age have him taking time to find his game more than in the past, perhaps.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
babyKnicks
USA
2/20/2012  7:00 AM

babyKnicks
USA
2/20/2012  7:01 AM
Nalod wrote:Lets trade him.....Right, I mean thats what we talk about next?

Trade him to Orlando? So he can be back home, closer to his pain?

With SVG ranting and raving?

I think Thats why Dwight wants out!

Dwight can't fit on the rides at Universal, so he wants out.

Amare is trying to be "team" oriented?

We won right? Or did we not win enough?

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/20/2012  7:11 AM
He wasn't playing at a high level before the death of his brother..Obviously everyone on this team has to take a lesser role, theres no mistaken that and I don't think it's his back cause he has said over and over, his back is fine..

I think he's struggling to fine his role, He was the goto guy for most of his career and now he isn't..but yet, he's still in his prime, and that can take some adjusting to.

ES
CashMoney
Member: #3374
USA
2/20/2012  7:46 AM
He just threw up a 26 and 12 game and only took 10 shots against the Mavs and 11 against the Kings. I personally don't give a crap about stat lines, I care about getting the W. He's playing within the offense of the game and people are concerned that he's not beasting? If he was forcing up shots people would be screaming that he's not being a team player.
Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/20/2012  8:07 AM
CashMoney wrote:He just threw up a 26 and 12 game and only took 10 shots against the Mavs and 11 against the Kings. I personally don't give a crap about stat lines, I care about getting the W. He's playing within the offense of the game and people are concerned that he's not beasting? If he was forcing up shots people would be screaming that he's not being a team player.

The Ws came when Amare was out and Jeffries was playing PF.
CashMoney
Member: #3374
USA
2/20/2012  8:20 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CashMoney wrote:He just threw up a 26 and 12 game and only took 10 shots against the Mavs and 11 against the Kings. I personally don't give a crap about stat lines, I care about getting the W. He's playing within the offense of the game and people are concerned that he's not beasting? If he was forcing up shots people would be screaming that he's not being a team player.

The Ws came when Amare was out and Jeffries was playing PF.

Did he not play and contribute in the W's against the Raptors, Kings and Mavs?

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
SlimChin
Member: #3363

2/20/2012  8:33 AM
still mourning?

i've never seen him get rejected so many times.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/20/2012  8:53 AM
IMO it's because Amar'e is still mourning his brother's death. As much as he's trying to get his head in the game, it's just not 100% there. It'll take some time, but he will eventually come around.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
2/20/2012  11:49 AM
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN wrote:IMO it's because Amar'e is still mourning his brother's death. As much as he's trying to get his head in the game, it's just not 100% there. It'll take some time, but he will eventually come around.

I really hope that's the case.

Physically he hasn't looked like himself all season. There have been multiple moments this season where Amare has gotten the ball in the paint and I'm expecting him to do what he does:

take two steps, explode up above the rim and bring the wrath on the rim and any player foolhardy enough to get in between him and the rim.

Only it's not there. I have no idea why.

It worries the hell out of me.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/20/2012  12:02 PM
I don't worry about STAT. He's still a weapon when used properly. He's had some good games when he's gotten touches. IMO he can take it as it comes during the season and get ready for the post season. No need to kill himself when we have capable players all around him now. We don't need him to dominate right now.
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

2/20/2012  1:40 PM
He had what, 26 points game before last?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/20/2012  1:59 PM
He sucks. Trade his azz. We should either have Griffin or nobody.
airchibundo507
Member: #3439

2/20/2012  2:07 PM
he is a liability. I'm not saying trade him for scrubs, but when the deadline swings around, we need to pursue the Dwight trade

remove your biases and look at window of opportunity here. how long is Amare going to remain a productive offensive player? how long before his contract becomes untradeable? how many championships would we win with Lin, Melo and Howard regardless of whether or not JR re-signs?

"LINISH HIM!"
Whats going on with Amare ??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy