[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

article function
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/13/2012  4:43 PM
martin/Andrew,

I think that an [article] function would really help the forum out. I usually just quote an article, but that reduces the text size. But if I just post it with a link after, posters sometimes think it is my idea, and I feel like I'm stealing someone's idea/work.

Maybe there is a way to "quote" an outside source, but have the text size/coloring be the same size as the stuff I write myself?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/13/2012  6:17 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:martin/Andrew,

I think that an [article] function would really help the forum out. I usually just quote an article, but that reduces the text size. But if I just post it with a link after, posters sometimes think it is my idea, and I feel like I'm stealing someone's idea/work.

Maybe there is a way to "quote" an outside source, but have the text size/coloring be the same size as the stuff I write myself?

noted. at some time we'll be rolling out a bunch of forum additions. thanks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/14/2012  10:48 AM
I like to quote the relevant section of the article, then link back to the full article, so I'm not "stealing".
https:// It's not so hard.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/14/2012  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2012  11:33 AM
How about footnotes and endnotes? How about author credits? How about an entire "works cited" function for each and every post?

jeez louise folks, this is an internet forum about an NBA basketball team. Do we really need to become Knickopedia?

[I'm in the process of copyrighting that, so back off]

article function

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy