Screw Baker... give a 10-day to...
Author Thread
LJStillGrandmama
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #380
USA
2/24/2004  2:01 AM
J.R. Rider.

I've really been against even thinking this, but I mean... Houston needs to be healthy.. let him sit as long as he needs to. Demarr is not getting the job done, and neither is Shandon. We need a 2 guard who can still shoot and still run, and I think JR might still be able to do that. He's supposedly put his troubles behind him... Maybe not... but I think it's worth a look.
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
AUTOADVERT
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/24/2004  3:10 AM
totally agree
shandon is a joke out there and houston might not be coming back...can someon call IT up and let him know?
Yes! - Marv Albert
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/24/2004  4:47 AM
Why not asking to denis rodman ? Roy tarpley and all the scrubs that have ruined many teams while they were in the league ?

JR rider is a punk. We need time and chemistry. He can bring neither.
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/24/2004  5:48 AM
Posted by raven:

Why not asking to denis rodman ? Roy tarpley and all the scrubs that have ruined many teams while they were in the league ?

true
LJStillGrandmama
USA
2/24/2004  9:08 AM
Posted by raven:

Yet you guys are willing to take a chance with Baker, who hasn't fit in with teammates since 97?
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/24/2004  9:31 AM
I want Baker!......... I want Baaaaaker!
raven
Canada
2/24/2004  9:51 AM
Posted by LJStillGrandmama:
Posted by raven:

Yet you guys are willing to take a chance with Baker, who hasn't fit in with teammates since 97?

Read again my post, I never said that. Topic was about JR Rider. If you had asked me about Baker, i'd rather have said something like :

Baker is a punk. We need time and chemistry. He can bring neither.

See the difference ?
LJStillGrandmama
USA
2/24/2004  10:19 AM
I was more speaking to anyone in agreement with you.... but point taken Raven
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2004  10:40 AM
Where is JR by the way? Does he still play?

And what of Leon? Dudes bags were packed and still waiting?

The "Green Lantern" certainly would have changed the face of our team forever!

For what its worth, we are only two games better than last years team at this point.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/24/2004  11:10 AM
i mentioned this last time. do you think wilkens will love to have jr back and coach him after that disastrous season 99-00? NO! this will never happen becuase jr could'nt get along with wilkens. he is totally uncoachable since he would'nt listen to anyone including wilkens or phil jax. he is a waste. at least baker tried to change. alchoholism is a disease he has to fight everyday. rider's problem is not a disease. it is just him acting like a fool and not caring about anything but himself. you think that will help this team right now?
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/24/2004  12:35 PM
Why not start penny at the 2? maybe starting will get him going again like the old days in orlando.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
DefAndReb
Member: #336
2/24/2004  1:00 PM
If any of you really think that JR Rider, his unprofessionalism aside, can come in having not played in years and be half as good as Anderson, then I think Andrew and martin should dock your posting rights for one week.

C'mon guys, these are elite athletes. Look at Nazr. He says that extra few days the Hawks had off really took his game off track. At this level, you can't blink. Only freaks of science and nature like MJ could take considerable time off and come back with any game whatsoever.

Seriously, some of you guys must think in extremely simple terms to think that someone could come in cold and be competitive in this league with less than half the season left. Only NBDL, CBA, and Euro league guys who are tops in those leagues can be ready to come in this late in the season and contribute, and that's off the bench.

Leon Smith or Baker would make some sense, even with their baggage. Rider? Yeah, I bet he could kick some azzes at Rucker Park, but that's about it. I'd sooner give a 10-day to Steve Kerr. At least I know he could hit a shot or two.

Rider is THE biggest loser to use up the entire league's goodwill I have ever seen, worse than Rodman, worse than Kemp, worse than Ryan Leaf or Strawberry (yeah, different sports, but same disease - assholitis!)

I say FEH!
raven
Canada
2/24/2004  4:40 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

If any of you really think that JR Rider, his unprofessionalism aside, can come in having not played in years and be half as good as Anderson, then I think Andrew and martin should dock your posting rights for one week.

C'mon guys, these are elite athletes. Look at Nazr. He says that extra few days the Hawks had off really took his game off track. At this level, you can't blink. Only freaks of science and nature like MJ could take considerable time off and come back with any game whatsoever.

Seriously, some of you guys must think in extremely simple terms to think that someone could come in cold and be competitive in this league with less than half the season left. Only NBDL, CBA, and Euro league guys who are tops in those leagues can be ready to come in this late in the season and contribute, and that's off the bench.

Leon Smith or Baker would make some sense, even with their baggage. Rider? Yeah, I bet he could kick some azzes at Rucker Park, but that's about it. I'd sooner give a 10-day to Steve Kerr. At least I know he could hit a shot or two.

Rider is THE biggest loser to use up the entire league's goodwill I have ever seen, worse than Rodman, worse than Kemp, worse than Ryan Leaf or Strawberry (yeah, different sports, but same disease - assholitis!)

I say FEH!

100% agree.
Screw Baker... give a 10-day to...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy