[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas: Kiss of Death
Author Thread
UncagedMonster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #598
2/23/2004  8:58 PM
We're screwed. Mike Francessa likes the KVH/TT trade for the Knicks...
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/23/2004  9:08 PM
Mike Francessa aint the only 1.
I still think that was a good move.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/23/2004  9:32 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Mike Francessa aint the only 1.
I still think that was a good move.

please tell me how TT is better for us

his offensive game sucks period. he is a decent 3 point shooter thats it, and kvh was even better at that.

on defense and rebounding he is a major p@ssy.

he plays the game like he is half asleep.

van horn dropped 30 for us not too long ago and is already contributing big for bucks. dont give me that give him time to gel crap, talent is talent.
Yes! - Marv Albert
MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/23/2004  9:40 PM
Minnesota's Cassell fired back Friday in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, saying, "Tim Thomas is about excuses . . . He said I didn't show? They traded me, they traded Ray, they traded Big Dog [Robinson], and Tim Thomas still wasn't the man on that team. Michael Redd became the man there. Right now, he's not a good basketball player." editor's note: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Ray Allen also expanded his criticism of Thomas, telling the Seattle Times, "Tim was getting paid $10 million a year and he's only averaging [14.1] points a game. That's not good enough. I think he got in the New York media and he tried to make excuses for everything he didn't do right."
Yes! - Marv Albert
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/23/2004  10:19 PM
It scares me too that Mike Francesa likes the trade
NYK8
Member: #320
USA
2/23/2004  11:14 PM
oh man,KVH was a good player.he is a scorer n can take a game into his own hands when he's feeling it but TT is a different type who is an athletic scorer by that is driving in,heading to the line,dunking on some1.now who is going to spread the floor for him,(((H20)))!
Even better wait til Wallace shows up.
I now u heard of teammates helping others play better,right or am i right.
!!!Knicks!!!
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/24/2004  12:25 AM
Two big ifs, Houston might never be comgin back and Sheed signing sounds more and more like a pipedream.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/24/2004  12:44 AM
Posted by NYK8:

oh man,KVH was a good player.he is a scorer n can take a game into his own hands when he's feeling it but TT is a different type who is an athletic scorer by that is driving in,heading to the line,dunking on some1.now who is going to spread the floor for him,(((H20)))!

yes,if h20 doesnt return its gonna be reaaallly ugly. shandon horribleson will look even worse-how about last game?what a stiff
Yes! - Marv Albert
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/24/2004  1:07 AM
Posted by MaseInYourFace:

Minnesota's Cassell fired back Friday in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, saying, "Tim Thomas is about excuses . . . He said I didn't show? They traded me, they traded Ray, they traded Big Dog [Robinson], and Tim Thomas still wasn't the man on that team. Michael Redd became the man there. Right now, he's not a good basketball player." editor's note: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Ray Allen also expanded his criticism of Thomas, telling the Seattle Times, "Tim was getting paid $10 million a year and he's only averaging [14.1] points a game. That's not good enough. I think he got in the New York media and he tried to make excuses for everything he didn't do right."
he got RIPPED
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/24/2004  4:53 AM
Posted by NYK8:

yes,if h20 doesnt return its gonna be reaaallly ugly. shandon horribleson will look even worse-how about last game?what a stiff

3 things.
First, TT is no slasher. He spends his time on the perimeter and launching outside shoots.
Second, he had ray allen for 5 yrs with him and it didn't meke him be an efficient slasher. I dunno why Hou would have that kind of influence.
Third, he went to the stripe less than KVH this yr. Where is our gain ?

BTW, i think it's the first time I see the bucks big 3 agree on something, and THAT, is really scary !

[Edited by - raven on 02/24/2004 04:54:59]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/24/2004  7:55 AM
When we say a player is a bust you are saying that no coach, no matter how experienced and effective, will help them reach their potential.

A bust doesn't ever find the right system to play in, doesn't ever fit in to a team concept, so it doesn't matter that the team concept is still being formed.

However, historically the NBA has seen more than their fair share of busts and "could have beens".

But a bust is a bust. Someone who just never materializes into their suppossed potential (Pearl Washington, Dennis Hopson, Chris Washburn, Kent Benson, Pervis Ellison, etc...) Drugs burn't 2 out the 5 mentioned, TT is not a druggy.

IMHO in most cases its their inability to play against competition equal to or better than themselves at the ultimate level, the NBA.

I don't know what TT's issues are but I think he falls into this category. Having come out of Villanova with high expectations 7 yrs ago he hasn't shown much more than being a very overrated, average player at best...and what really strikes me is how poorly this "athletic" guy plays defense.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2004  8:01 AM
I just hope he uses his Athletic ability and those the things that Athletic players do. I don't want to see him shooting jumpers all the time because thats what KVH does and does better. The coaches need to guide him in that direction.
raven
Canada
2/24/2004  8:09 AM
Again, this stuff about "athleticism".

Atleticism is great in players but is vastly overrated. TT is a better athlete than KVH.

So what??? To quote another knick fan (buzzardman) who made really good points about that, if he doesn't use it to grab bounds or block shots, who cares ?

He certainly hasn't used it in his career to score more points. And what's this finisher on the break bull**** everybody talks about? I saw KVH finish quite a few fast breaks. Who gives a crap if TT gets there 1.1 seconds faster or jumps 9" higher?

All NBA players are great athletes. Yes some are better than others. But KNOWING how to play, how to postion, when to release on the break, how to spread out - these are just as, if not more important than athleticism.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2004  10:45 AM

Then we must conclude that Isiah traded for a real soft player!

Tim Thomas is freaking soft. Dude whom has the goods and does notuse it is worse than one whom is limited but busts his arse.

Tim is soft.
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2004  10:58 AM
but I still think he will try harder to improve those areas in NY then he did in Milwalkee. He's from the area and doesn't want to leave. He understands the expectations, so he should rise to it.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2004  11:15 AM
He still gets his 10 million.

I don't buy into the "come home and its better!" Steph is and was great before he got here. He needs to grow as a person (he is doing, working on cleansing his partying ways) and leadership qualities. That comes with maturity.

Timmay is like many players, gifted but don't bite down on the mouthguards as tight as others. you either got or not. If Timmay has gotten a bad rap, then all the better when he shows himself.

KVH's soft rap was subjective and not conclusive. We said the same of H20 two years ago when he got extended. Money does raise expectations.

As I said, I hope Aguire woops his butt good.
bernard
Member: #475
2/24/2004  12:51 PM
Full disclosure: I supported the TT/Nazr trade when it was made and must admit I'm questioning it now. But I'm not giving up on it, TT or IT. It's been 2 friggin games! 2 uninspired, depressing games, but still, only 2 games. Steph didn't look too good in his first games either.

What's most discouraging is not just the losses, but that way TT has looked playing badly. Like a lot of you are pointing out. TT isn't showing any fire. He is playing soft. I can take a couple of 3 for 10's if the 7 misses are good shots that didn't fall. I thought one of the key things he'd bring us is a post-up game everyone's been clamoring for. He's got good post-up moves (better than KVH's imo), and he usually has a smaller guy on him. But he's not working to hold his post position. And he is settling for jumpers or ill-advised drives.

Also, his defense has been worse than I expected. So much reaching. More foul-prone that KVH. Most of that is simple man-on-man defense. Excuses about a new system don't apply. And he's slow to react to loose balls ... and to get out on the break after to's or rebounds ... again, not system-related, just mediocre play.

My hope is that he'll get his legs under him, start knocking down some shots, and get some more confidence that will help his whole game. Better do it soon, though, or things could deteriorate in a hurry.
raven
Canada
2/24/2004  4:36 PM
To the opposite, what I liked about van horm was how he tried to prove everybody (me included) wrong. He made a strong statement on the very first game of the season, shwoing he was the best player on the court.

He had a great attitude and really tried. That's what hurt e the most. TT doesn't really seem to care.

As you said "Better do it soon, though, or things could deteriorate in a hurry."
MaseInYourFace
Canada
2/24/2004  4:39 PM
IT gave us so much hope then threw it all away Forget this year's playoff run
Posted by raven:

To the opposite, what I liked about van horm was how he tried to prove everybody (me included) wrong. He made a strong statement on the very first game of the season, shwoing he was the best player on the court.

He had a great attitude and really tried. That's what hurt e the most. TT doesn't really seem to care.

As you said "Better do it soon, though, or things could deteriorate in a hurry."
Yes! - Marv Albert
raven
Canada
2/24/2004  4:55 PM

IT gave us so much hope then threw it all away Forget this year's playoff run

I guess it's what hurts the most. our expectations rose so fast that now, we're waking up with a very bad hangover. hope the story does not finish too bad.

changing GM is like changing your bank or your dentist. Once you have changed one, you're not affraid of doing it twice. IT is not so secure.

hope there won't be other panic moves (which the last is imho).
Tim Thomas: Kiss of Death

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy