TSN's take on the NY Trades:
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
2/23/2004  1:57 PM
Taken from Article from the Sporting News, by Sean Deveney
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBqam1ocWIyBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwNlY2w-?slug=someworkbetterunderdeadl&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Winners:
Isiah Thomas. Thomas' biggest deal -- the trade for Stephon Marbury -- did not happen at the deadline, and the Tim Thomas/Nazr Mohammed deal was unwise. But the Knicks, who are 16-12 since Thomas took over, were the talk of the league at the deadline. Zeke has made this a glamour franchise again.

Losers:
Tim Thomas. The fact Thomas is one of the league's most overpaid underachievers was easy to hide in Milwaukee, where the media glare has the wattage of a flashlight. In New York, Thomas's subpar defense and inability to do much beyond shoot 3-pointers will be on display nightly. When the locals realize he's pulling in about $38 million for three years (including this one), Thomas will be a sports talk punching bag.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/23/2004  2:22 PM
Great...more negative evals.

The one difference about NY is that Thomas is from the area, wanted to play here, and there's a good support system with a guy like Mark Aguirre on the coaching staff. And we know Isiah like his projects and likes to work with them. Hopefully they'll drill it into his head that playing basketball is not about watching the action, its about making it happen. He can't afford to keep letting his talent go to waste...
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/23/2004  3:19 PM
Posted by VDesai:

The one difference about NY is that Thomas is from the area, wanted to play here, and there's a good support system with a guy like Mark Aguirre on the coaching staff. And we know Isiah like his projects and likes to work with them. Hopefully they'll drill it into his head that playing basketball is not about watching the action, its about making it happen. He can't afford to keep letting his talent go to waste...
Bro! As much as I agree with you on Tim having a support system here, he's a 7 year veteran.How much longer does he need? A veteran should come in here and start playing even if he does'nt know the plays.Look at Rasheed he look comfortable with 1 game for Atlanta then he went to Detroit and he look good there also.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
dadanyk
Member: #43
USA
2/23/2004  4:12 PM
well lets see with the right coaches in aguire jabbar wilkins n zeke maybe they'll get the best out of TT....... give it about a week or 2 then we pull the plug if things aren't right
HIRE SPIKE LEE FOR GM JOB
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/23/2004  4:24 PM
Posted by spreeeewell:
Posted by VDesai:

Bro! As much as I agree with you on Tim having a support system here, he's a 7 year veteran.How much longer does he need? A veteran should come in here and start playing even if he does'nt know the plays.Look at Rasheed he look comfortable with 1 game for Atlanta then he went to Detroit and he look good there also.

Dude, give him more than 3 games. Marbury's first 3 games werent nething special either.
This trade will seem a hell of a lot better once we get h20 back...we wont b missing kvh's perimeter game as much.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/23/2004  4:36 PM
I liked the TT trade and, like Isiah, believe that he and Nazr Mohammed will pan out nicely for us. It has taken a couple of games to start clicking, but after another game or two, IMO we'll be clicking on all cylinders again. This is especially true if Allan returns to active status ASAP.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/23/2004 17:08:13]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
VDesai
USA
2/23/2004  5:03 PM
Posted by spreeeewell:
Posted by VDesai:

I'm just trying to find a silver lining dude!
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/23/2004  5:08 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by spreeeewell:
Posted by VDesai:

Dude, give him more than 3 games. Marbury's first 3 games werent nething special either.
This trade will seem a hell of a lot better once we get h20 back...we wont b missing kvh's perimeter game as much.

Marbury's situation was plain different as he was the PG, and thus expectined to create for others.

Please, accept the fact that TT has played 5 yrs with ray allen, one of the purest shooters in the game likehim or not, and that didn't make him a slasher.

Once all fans will have found that, he won't find a shell small enough to hide him. Sad but true, dumbie IT traded KVH cause he was playing well.
VDesai
USA
2/23/2004  5:12 PM
He's also played the last couple of years with Mike Redd, another great shooter and has still kept the perimeter game up.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/23/2004  5:15 PM
Well then, I guess you'd rather have LayDown (a REAL dummy) back?

Yo, If you think Isiah is so bad and KVH is so good, then just trash your Knicks stuff and go buy yourself a goddamn Bucks hat and keep it movin'.

Improvements are being made, and there is NO time for naysayers who are closet fans of the old regime to nitpick on the current one.
Tim Thomas was never a Knick before. He always wanted to be here.
He will improve as he gets used to the Knicks' system.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
TRU
Member: #196
USA
2/23/2004  6:37 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Well then, I guess you'd rather have LayDown (a REAL dummy) back?

Yo, If you think Isiah is so bad and KVH is so good, then just trash your Knicks stuff and go buy yourself a goddamn Bucks hat and keep it movin'.

Improvements are being made, and there is NO time for naysayers who are closet fans of the old regime to nitpick on the current one.
Tim Thomas was never a Knick before. He always wanted to be here.
He will improve as he gets used to the Knicks' system.

Relax, 'Core. You don't have to want Layden back to see when Zeke makes a dumb move. The guy is subject to criticm when he fu*ks up, just like everyone else.

"no time for naysayers." sheesh.

When did you become such a drama queen? Plus, you were the king of the "naysayers" when things were bad. We've lost a few in a row. The criticism is justified, if perhaps a bit premature.

[Edited by - TRU on 02/23/2004 18:38:15]
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/23/2004  6:39 PM
sorry youre wrong. marbury's talent was always there,even when he just showed up and didnt have the timing/plays down.

TT straight up doesnt have the talent level or enthusiasm as KVH, and IT F'ed up STRAIGHT UP
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by spreeeewell:
Posted by VDesai:

Yes! - Marv Albert
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/23/2004  6:51 PM
Posted by technomaster:

Taken from Article from the Sporting News, by Sean Deveney
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBqam1ocWIyBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwNlY2w-?slug=someworkbetterunderdeadl&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Winners:
Isiah Thomas. Thomas' biggest deal -- the trade for Stephon Marbury -- did not happen at the deadline, and the Tim Thomas/Nazr Mohammed deal was unwise. But the Knicks, who are 16-12 since Thomas took over, were the talk of the league at the deadline. Zeke has made this a glamour franchise again.

Losers:
Tim Thomas. The fact Thomas is one of the league's most overpaid underachievers was easy to hide in Milwaukee, where the media glare has the wattage of a flashlight. In New York, Thomas's subpar defense and inability to do much beyond shoot 3-pointers will be on display nightly. When the locals realize he's pulling in about $38 million for three years (including this one), Thomas will be a sports talk punching bag.

let this article go out to all the non-believers. real knick fans know what time it is
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/23/2004  7:09 PM
Hahaha... it must be Thomas time. :)

The only thing I have a problem with about Tim Thomas is that even little Mike Dunleavy is averaging more rebounds than Tim Thomas!
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/23/2004  9:45 PM
Posted by technomaster:

The only thing I have a problem with about Tim Thomas is that even little Mike Dunleavy is averaging more rebounds than Tim Thomas!

hahahah good point

TT is a little b&tch

face it IT blind worshippers- IT made a great trade--and then he made a horrible trade. as you saw with ilgaukus putting on a clinic last game, as many other post players do (MO TAYLOR HAHAHAH), the 4 and 5 spots were where we needed to fiddle around with.

yea ok maybe mohammed will be an upgrade,doesnt look like it so far--and even if he is--IT F*CKED us royally by giving up a big time player getting better for soft B*TCH TT
Yes! - Marv Albert
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/23/2004  10:05 PM
MaseInYourFace...can you cut down on the swearing please.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/24/2004  1:10 AM
Posted by technomaster:

rofl - thomas time!
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/24/2004  4:49 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
rofl - thomas time!
[/quote]

You could'nt say taht better. If he doesn't improve quickly, NY medias will tear him up. It's gonna really be Thomas time.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/24/2004  7:07 AM
TT don't hurt'em LOL
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/24/2004  8:33 PM

Yeah, the only time TT should be having is getting with the program...winning!
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TSN's take on the NY Trades:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy