[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

INFO ON MARC JACKSON, and a possible knicks trade
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/11/2001  12:30 PM
However, Golden State matched the offer, and Jackson is with the Warriors. The Warriors cannot trade Jackson until Jan. 15 because of league rules, but many teams may be lining up to make a deal.

NY DN reported in today's paper that Jackson's interest in NY. We might have to wait until the 15th to scoop him up.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2001  2:11 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

However, Golden State matched the offer, and Jackson is with the Warriors. The Warriors cannot trade Jackson until Jan. 15 because of league rules, but many teams may be lining up to make a deal.

NY DN reported in today's paper that Jackson's interest in NY. We might have to wait until the 15th to scoop him up.

The Dave Cowens player rotation/substitution pattern baffeled me. At one point in the second quarter it seemed that he pulled all of his starters - and the starters were killing the Knicks. Especially the rookie guard. I mean, why would you only play Richardson 26 minutes, even though he is posterizing Houston. The guy is a rookie, you should play him as much as possible if he is on a run.

And if you are going to sign a player, at least give him some garbage minutes.

Did anyone see Jackson play last year? Is he that bad? Or are Golden States other big men that much better?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/11/2001  3:17 PM
Jackson's being bench because of his attitude on returning to Golden State. However, he is a very good player and returning may have been benefitial for us. He was a rookie of the year possibility and i have no idea why Miller got the award. As far as i'm concerned, the only players better in last years rookie class were Martin(when healthy) and Miles(when he saw the minutes). Jackson could start on our team, but probably won't because Van Gundy seems loyal to Thomas. Still, he's capable of starting and putting up 12 and 8 and i think we really need to grab him.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/11/2001  4:03 PM
Marc had some injuries as well during last season which is probably why he didn't make it being rookie of the year. If he'd been healthy all year he would have been rookie oty without a doubt. GS is gonna have a big asking priuce for this boy, but at least Marc has to agree to the trade and if he wants to be a knick all the better. Personnally I think the Nuggets have the best chance, swapping Raef for Marc.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/11/2001  6:47 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Marc had some injuries as well during last season which is probably why he didn't make it being rookie of the year. If he'd been healthy all year he would have been rookie oty without a doubt. GS is gonna have a big asking priuce for this boy, but at least Marc has to agree to the trade and if he wants to be a knick all the better. Personnally I think the Nuggets have the best chance, swapping Raef for Marc.
What we should do - Allan Houston and Ward for Larry Hughes,Dampier,Marc Jax, Bobby Sura. Salaries match, BYC complication issues, but we should figure it out.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2001  9:03 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

What we should do - Allan Houston and Ward for Larry Hughes,Dampier,Marc Jax, Bobby Sura. Salaries match, BYC complication issues, but we should figure it out.

With the rookie Richardson, I don't think that GSW would want Houston (of course that may be too specific: my high school team may not want Houston and his contract) and they seem high on Dampier. If anything, they would trade only 1 of their big men, not 2.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
11/13/2001  7:58 AM
Your high school team had Craig Forth last year, a 7 foot dude now starting at center for Syracuse. Watch him develop and hope that the Knicks can draft him in a couple of years. He will stay for 4 years at SU.
The Old Man of UK...
INFO ON MARC JACKSON, and a possible knicks trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy