[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Lin plays the Jazz like a fiddle; 2/6/2012; 7:30 EASTERN!
Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/7/2012  12:14 AM
JCrusher wrote:
misterearl wrote:
JCrusher wrote:Now teams are gonna spend much more time on lin which is gonna make it harder for him. lets see how he does

Yadda. Yadda. Lin is no fluke. Know why he is smiling? At Harvard, Lin had limited talent around him. This is intuitive for him.

The best part? Lin is NOT showing any sign of turning into Toney Douglas.

Jesus Christ man im not bashing lin. I think lin is playing great. Walt even said they are forcing lin to his left but he has adjusted well. next time dont jump to conclusions because you sound like a twat

Wow, I just read that sh!t. Yo you gotta check yourself, you calling me names is one thing but if you are gonna do that sh!t to everyone , just GTFO

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2012  12:18 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/7/2012  12:21 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

2/7/2012  12:25 AM
markvmc wrote:Nixluva is just an optimist. Always has been. Even in the darkest Isaiah days. Nothing particularly to do with D'Antoni.

Did he defend Isiah? Throughout? That's RICH!

mrKnickShot

2/7/2012  12:28 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:You guys are so lost on this subject. MDA is overstating this idea that he didn't know what he had. He means from a non garbage time standing. Of course he knew Lin could play. Just how good is the question. Lin NEVER got a chance to practice with the starters and they had very few practice days. They had to send him to the D league and then have Lin practice on GAME DAYS in 3 on 3's. A Headcoach knows what's going on with is players.

It's totally ridiculous to think he really didn't know about Lin. MDA had worked him out and really liked him before the draft. I'm pretty sure that MDA was consulted with the options of available PG's they could pick up and i'm sure he was a positive vote for bringing in Lin! I have a thread with PROOF of this in actual statements from Lin and players. You think MDA didn't assign Kenny Atkinson to work with Lin as he did?

I think it is very interesting that you know when D'Antoni is overstating something. How did you acquire that skill?

Like everything else I write, i'm using logic. If you really think that after MDA OK'd taking him and had already liked him from the predraft workouts that he had no idea what this kid could do at all, that's crazy. Did he thin he'd be starting right now? Who could know such a thing. All you can do is try and coach a player and give them a better chance to succeed. All the steps MDA took suggest that he did that. He got him extra work and special attention of one of his coaches. He sent him to the D league to get some run since there would be no practice days. He had him practice on Game days to give him additional work and then he got him slowly into the mix.

Once he had his successful outing it only made confidence in him grow and now tonight he's taken yet another step to solidifying his role.

This repetition of your defense sounds like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. Complete tunnel vision. He Shit a diamond - happens to all of us. Lets move on and hope that Lin saves his job. That is what we all want. If Lin does well He does well, we do well, Dolan gets richer ... everybody wins.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/7/2012  12:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2012  12:39 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:Oh this is good:

@NYPost_Berman Marc Berman

http://twitter.com/#!/NYPost_Berman/status/166705386374701056

The good thing about Baron Davis' delayed debut is he can sit on bench and learn how to run offense watching Jeremy Lin.

OHHHHH SNAP! That was cold. I actually think Baron would be OK in this offense and had slowed down his wild shooting ways of the past.

Lin tho is tailor made for this offense. For those that think MDA had no plan for Lin, that's just stupid!!! You think he and the coaches and players didn't see what he could do in practice? You think when they sent him to get reps in the D league that was just to get rid of him? What sense would that make? CLERARLY they wanted to try and get the kid acclimated faster by getting him some run that he couldn't get in practice here with no days off.

LIn even admitted it himself that he felt rejected at firsts when they sent him to D-league, but then he said that the trip there was exactly what he needed.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
JCrusher
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3685

2/7/2012  12:32 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
JCrusher wrote:
misterearl wrote:
JCrusher wrote:Now teams are gonna spend much more time on lin which is gonna make it harder for him. lets see how he does

Yadda. Yadda. Lin is no fluke. Know why he is smiling? At Harvard, Lin had limited talent around him. This is intuitive for him.

The best part? Lin is NOT showing any sign of turning into Toney Douglas.

Jesus Christ man im not bashing lin. I think lin is playing great. Walt even said they are forcing lin to his left but he has adjusted well. next time dont jump to conclusions because you sound like a twat

Wow, I just read that sh!t. Yo you gotta check yourself, you calling me names is one thing but if you are gonna do that sh!t to everyone , just GTFO

Yo Ram were cool.
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

2/7/2012  12:38 AM
Awright peeps, don't all trip over your collective rear ends trying to congratulate the coach for teaching hustle, defensive intensity and unselfish play.

I guess this game just proves how he has lost the team!

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2012  12:43 AM
martin wrote:

i think i love this kid.

lin versus rubio on saturday is must see tv.

¿ △ ?
mrKnickShot

2/7/2012  1:43 AM
how about the Lin vs Wall rematch? Wall will be jacked UP!!!!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/7/2012  1:53 AM
loweyecue wrote:Awright peeps, don't all trip over your collective rear ends trying to congratulate the coach for teaching hustle, defensive intensity and unselfish play.

No these guys are too busy trying to strip any kind of credit to the coach for getting Lin some playing time in order to get him ready for his shot. This is all just dumb luck and MDA had no idea that Lin could play and just got desperate and stuck him in there. That would be hard to believe since Lin's players felt Lin had potential, so how could MDA have missed it as he was running practice?

"We've been saying that he has talent in practice, but we didn't know if it would translate in the game," said Tyson Chandler. "He's obviously showing all of us that he can."
mrKnickShot

2/7/2012  2:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2012  2:25 AM
I give MDA credit for Steve Novak. From picking the exact point in time that he would play and make the perfect impact. He knew that Lin was coming back from the D-League raring to fly based on what is saw in him and knowing that Melo would pull a groin (cause he knows about all his guys groins since he is their coach and coaches need to know these things) and that would be the perfect opportunity for Novak to fire away with Lin running point.

It was all his divine plan - a game away from getting fired was the precise moment to spring these plans on us idiots.

Briggs gets credit - MDA sh1t a Rolex - lets enjoy this. Why the hell do you care who gets credit. Care that he got his PG and now he can execute the system as intended. Lets enjoy the show and stop kvetching about credit.

WHY DO YOU CARE?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/7/2012  8:30 AM
BECAUSE WE HAVE TO HATE ON SOMETHING, NO MATTER HOW RIGHT THINGS GO. WE ARE NEW YORK KNICKS FANS, IF WE WIN A CHIP, WE WILL SHIT BRICKS CRYING ABOUT THE CHIPS WE DIDN'T WIN OR HAVE NO SHOT AT NOW THAT EVERYONE WILL BE GUNNING FOR US.

WE SPEND YEARS CRYING ABOUT THE LAUGHING STOCK PILE OF SCAT FRANCHISE WE ARE ATTACHED TO AND THEN WE GET WALSH AND MDA.

WE SPEND MONTHS CRYING ABOUT HOW WE DON'T HAVE SHIT BUT SSOL AND THEN WE GET STAT.

WE SPEND MORE MONTHS CRYING ABOUT STAT AND A WEAK SUPPORTING CAST AND THEN WE GET MELO.

WE SPEND YEARS NOW SHITTING AND CRYING ALL OVER THE TRADE, AND HOW WE SHOULD PRAY MDA DIES IN A FIERY BUS CRASH UNDERNEATH AN EXPLODING OIL TANKER.

WE SPEND MONTHS PUKING SNOT ABOUT HOW WE DON'T HAVE A LEGIT CENTER AND WE GET TYSON.

WE SPEND MONTHS WHINING AND MENSTRUATING OVER A LACK OF A PG, AND NOW WE HAVE A 6'5" 200LB BRAINIAC SCORING 20 PTS A GAME.

WE WHINE AND BITCH BECAUSE WE CARE. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

personally, i think the knicks are my favorite sports team.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/7/2012  9:41 AM
martin wrote:

Very likable kid.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

2/7/2012  10:04 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
markvmc wrote:Nixluva is just an optimist. Always has been. Even in the darkest Isaiah days. Nothing particularly to do with D'Antoni.

Just for the record, I said Nixluva is an optimist, not that he defended Isiah throughout.

mrKnickShot

2/7/2012  10:54 AM
markvmc wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Just for the record, I said Nixluva is an optimist, not that he defended Isiah throughout.

Yeah - it was a question

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

2/7/2012  12:32 PM
loweyecue wrote:Awright peeps, don't all trip over your collective rear ends trying to congratulate the coach for teaching hustle, defensive intensity and unselfish play.

No takers? Not one of the legion of haters has the balls to admit that this team played like a well coached team in the absence of its two biggest stars when the third was on the bench with foul trouble against a legit playoff team at full strength and never even gave up the lead. For some reason I am not surprised.

Y'all couldn't recognize a good thing if it came and slapped you in the face.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
2/7/2012  12:59 PM
loweyecue wrote:

No takers? Not one of the legion of haters has the balls to admit that this team played like a well coached team in the absence of its two biggest stars when the third was on the bench with foul trouble against a legit playoff team at full strength and never even gave up the lead. For some reason I am not surprised.

I concur, this team collectively is starting to play hard for it's coach in the last couple of weeks.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2012  1:46 PM
martin wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
martin wrote:Oh this is good:

@NYPost_Berman Marc Berman

http://twitter.com/#!/NYPost_Berman/status/166705386374701056

The good thing about Baron Davis' delayed debut is he can sit on bench and learn how to run offense watching Jeremy Lin.

45 more posts

I'm so jealous - how does it feel?

I'll never get there

haha i didn't even notice. you are right. 44~

Can't we go back to real count? Take way the 20k?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2012  1:56 PM
loweyecue wrote:

Last nite ruined Dolans plan to fire him!

Dolan will have crow feathers sticking out of his mouth by seasons end and offer him a new three year extension but instead he'll tell Dolan to shove it up his ass and take his talents to the Clippers for the same money and have his players in place.

Phil Jax says "no thanks" and we get Woodson instead.

Game Thread: Lin plays the Jazz like a fiddle; 2/6/2012; 7:30 EASTERN!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy