[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Lin plays the Jazz like a fiddle; 2/6/2012; 7:30 EASTERN!
Author Thread
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

2/6/2012  11:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Anji wrote:Energy and effort were threw the roof.

Big time team win................I still hate the fraud coach we have!!!!!

That fraud coach could turn Lin into a star and help turn the team around. I believed we needed a PG and now that we do, even without our big guns we put on a fight.

Lets not give all the credit to MDA for what Lin is doing. Lin is doing all this because Lin is great.

Breen said that D'Antoni told him he didn't know how what he had in Lin because with limited practice time he needed to get Bibby, Shump and Douglas reps. Lin caught a break but he is successful because of his character, work ethic and talent not some special plan that the coach had for him.

+1

Don't be silly! No one is giving MDA the credit for the player that Lin is. Same as with Nash, who was already a very good player. However, this system allows a kid like Lin to be able to SHINE! It's just a good marriage. Can't we be happy we have both Lin and MDA that fit well together?

C'mon Nixluva, you were praising D'Antoni for his patience in developing him and waiting for the right moment to let Lin play. Not everything bad that happens to the Knicks has something to do with D'Antoni just as everything good that happens to the Knicks isn't because of D'Antoni. You frequently find a way to work MDA into any conversation about this team's improvement on any level. When it isn't balanced with even the slightest criticism it comes off as an infomercial.

You know the game and have great insights but you have too much emotionally invested when it comes to MDA, by your own admission. If you didn't reflexively defend D'Antoni at every turn, you wouldn't catch so much heat. Admitting he f'ed up once in a while doesn't make you any less of an admirer of his. Even HOF coaches F up from time to time, nothing wrong with pointing that out once in a while.

hahaha - an Infomercial - that is so perfectly stated its not even funny

"this pen can write gold which can be turned into coins if you rub it against your forehead. And, here is the exciting part! You can have it for just 3 EASY payments of 149.95!"

"You can take this potion and have your own MDA mustache in just 3 hours. Thats just 3 SHORT hours! MDA's mustache is so incredible that it was insured by Loyds of London for 4 million dollars! That 4 million dollars can be yours, one day, for 4 easy payments of 1,995.95! WOW! With that mustache you can have the confidence to make great life changing decisions. Such as, hiring the perfect asian to save your job and know it all along! Yes. That can be you! Just call 1-877-555-5555 ..."

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/6/2012  11:06 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

That fraud coach could turn Lin into a star and help turn the team around. I believed we needed a PG and now that we do, even without our big guns we put on a fight.

Lets not give all the credit to MDA for what Lin is doing. Lin is doing all this because Lin is great.

Breen said that D'Antoni told him he didn't know how what he had in Lin because with limited practice time he needed to get Bibby, Shump and Douglas reps. Lin caught a break but he is successful because of his character, work ethic and talent not some special plan that the coach had for him.

+1

Don't be silly! No one is giving MDA the credit for the player that Lin is. Same as with Nash, who was already a very good player. However, this system allows a kid like Lin to be able to SHINE! It's just a good marriage. Can't we be happy we have both Lin and MDA that fit well together?

C'mon Nixluva, you were praising D'Antoni for his patience in developing him and waiting for the right moment to let Lin play. Not everything bad that happens to the Knicks has something to do with D'Antoni just as everything good that happens to the Knicks isn't because of D'Antoni. You frequently find a way to work MDA into any conversation about this team's improvement on any level. When it isn't balanced with even the slightest criticism it comes off as an infomercial.

You know the game and have great insights but you have too much emotionally invested when it comes to MDA, by your own admission. If you didn't reflexively defend D'Antoni at every turn, you wouldn't catch so much heat. Admitting he f'ed up once in a while doesn't make you any less of an admirer of his. Even HOF coached F up from time to time, nothing wrong with pointing that out once in a while.

How can you say that MDA didn't handle the Lin situation perfectly when Lin is playing with confidence and succeeding? How do you know that he was ready sooner even tho he had NEVER practiced in the system and said that he needed his stint in the D League to get comfortable? Don't assume that it was automatic that Lin was gonna just ball when he got here.

He didn't handle the Lin situation "perfectly" because he didn't know what he had by his own admission. Its called luck.

mrKnickShot

2/6/2012  11:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

+1

You know the game and have great insights but you have too much emotionally invested when it comes to MDA, by your own admission. If you didn't reflexively defend D'Antoni at every turn, you wouldn't catch so much heat. Admitting he f'ed up once in a while doesn't make you any less of an admirer of his. Even HOF coached F up from time to time, nothing wrong with pointing that out once in a while.

How can you say that MDA didn't handle the Lin situation perfectly when Lin is playing with confidence and succeeding? How do you know that he was ready sooner even tho he had NEVER practiced in the system and said that he needed his stint in the D League to get comfortable? Don't assume that it was automatic that Lin was gonna just ball when he got here.

How about TD. How can you say that its not MDA's fault that he is playing so poorly? C'mon, step back and read what you right. Sometimes I think you are joking but you said that you don't joke so that can't be it.

JCrusher
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3685

2/6/2012  11:09 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

+1

How about TD. How can you say that its not MDA's fault that he is playing so poorly? C'mon, step back and read what you right. Sometimes I think you are joking but you said that you don't joke so that can't be it.

why are you being so negative. Support the team
mrKnickShot

2/6/2012  11:13 PM
JCrusher wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

+1

haha - touche

I am not negative, I, am a realist. It's all about timing my friend ...

When you are watching a game and are witnessing one of the most memorable moments in NY sports, you don't say but the guy has small feet ...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/6/2012  11:15 PM
You guys are so lost on this subject. MDA is overstating this idea that he didn't know what he had. He means from a non garbage time standing. Of course he knew Lin could play. Just how good is the question. Lin NEVER got a chance to practice with the starters and they had very few practice days. They had to send him to the D league and then have Lin practice on GAME DAYS in 3 on 3's. A Headcoach knows what's going on with is players.

It's totally ridiculous to think he really didn't know about Lin. MDA had worked him out and really liked him before the draft. I'm pretty sure that MDA was consulted with the options of available PG's they could pick up and i'm sure he was a positive vote for bringing in Lin! I have a thread with PROOF of this in actual statements from Lin and players. You think MDA didn't assign Kenny Atkinson to work with Lin as he did?

JCrusher
Member: #3685

2/6/2012  11:16 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
JCrusher wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

+1

haha - touche

When you are watching a game and are witnessing one of the most memorable moments in NY sports, you don't say but the guy has small feet ...

Realist is fine but you shouldn't tell everybody else they are being negative when they aren't
mrKnickShot

2/6/2012  11:19 PM
JCrusher wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
JCrusher wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

+1

haha - touche

Realist is fine but you shouldn't tell everybody else they are being negative when they aren't

I did not say "negative" - go back that was someone else. I was supprised by your lack of timing in a great moment

mrKnickShot

2/6/2012  11:20 PM
nixluva wrote:You guys are so lost on this subject. MDA is overstating this idea that he didn't know what he had. He means from a non garbage time standing. Of course he knew Lin could play. Just how good is the question. Lin NEVER got a chance to practice with the starters and they had very few practice days. They had to send him to the D league and then have Lin practice on GAME DAYS in 3 on 3's. A Headcoach knows what's going on with is players.

It's totally ridiculous to think he really didn't know about Lin. MDA had worked him out and really liked him before the draft. I'm pretty sure that MDA was consulted with the options of available PG's they could pick up and i'm sure he was a positive vote for bringing in Lin! I have a thread with PROOF of this in actual statements from Lin and players. You think MDA didn't assign Kenny Atkinson to work with Lin as he did?

This is like Aspergers or something ...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2012  11:21 PM
nixluva wrote:You guys are so lost on this subject. MDA is overstating this idea that he didn't know what he had. He means from a non garbage time standing. Of course he knew Lin could play. Just how good is the question. Lin NEVER got a chance to practice with the starters and they had very few practice days. They had to send him to the D league and then have Lin practice on GAME DAYS in 3 on 3's. A Headcoach knows what's going on with is players.

I think it is very interesting that you know when D'Antoni is overstating something. How did you acquire that skill?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/6/2012  11:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I think it is very interesting that you know when D'Antoni is overstating something. How did you acquire that skill?

not agreeing or disagreeing with you here but..

but isn't this kinda like the pot calling kettle black?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2012  11:26 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

not agreeing or disagreeing with you here but..

but isn't this kinda like the pot calling kettle black?

I think if you read the thread you will come to the conclusion that it is not the case.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
2/6/2012  11:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Like everything else I write, i'm using logic. If you really think that after MDA OK'd taking him and had already liked him from the predraft workouts that he had no idea what this kid could do at all, that's crazy. Did he thin he'd be starting right now? Who could know such a thing. All you can do is try and coach a player and give them a better chance to succeed. All the steps MDA took suggest that he did that. He got him extra work and special attention of one of his coaches. He sent him to the D league to get some run since there would be no practice days. He had him practice on Game days to give him additional work and then he got him slowly into the mix.

Once he had his successful outing it only made confidence in him grow and now tonight he's taken yet another step to solidifying his role.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/6/2012  11:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2012  11:29 PM
D'Antoni with a classic post-game interview. Say's he's riding Lin like Secretariat...

http://www.msg.com/videos/dantoni-postgame-win-vs-jazz-26-1.82476

I have to say, I like MDA. I hope he succeeds.

¿ △ ?
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/6/2012  11:34 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Anyone have a link to a live stream of this game?

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/106317/1/watch-new-york-knicks-vs-utah-jazz.html

Awesome Matt. That stream worked great. Was nice to see the game. Lin was magnificent again!

GustavBahler

2/6/2012  11:37 PM

If all it took for Lin to play like he did was going over some game film and playing a few games in the D-league then he should have been brought along faster considering the state of the Knicks. He wasn't because D'antoni said he didn't know what he had in Lin, parse it all you want.

There is a backstory to your unrelenting defense of D'Antoni that we don't know about. Maybe someday you'll tell us about it.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

2/6/2012  11:40 PM
Nixluva is just an optimist. Always has been. Even in the darkest Isaiah days. Nothing particularly to do with D'Antoni.
nixluva
USA
2/6/2012  11:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

If all it took for Lin to play like he did was going over some game film and playing a few games in the D-league then he should have been brought along faster considering the state of the Knicks. He wasn't because D'antoni said he didn't know what he had in Lin, parse it all you want.

There is a backstory to your unrelenting defense of D'Antoni that we don't know about. Maybe someday you'll tell us about it.

Dude are you serious? As a head coach with as much on the line as this one has, with 8 new players and STAT, Melo and Tyson to integrate and on and on, you think that he had time to focus on Lin when he 1st got here? Who was Lin that he should focus on him? Lin barely played any games in his career so far.

Now of course with some time he could get more familiar with Lin's level of development and once he felt it was time he kicked up the kid's development in this system. I just listed all the steps that they took trying to get him ready, but you have to be kidding me if you think that there's some fault to place on MDA for not getting Lin ready sooner with the schedule and all that was going on and no practice time. Unbelievable!!!

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
2/6/2012  11:45 PM
crzymdups wrote:D'Antoni with a classic post-game interview. Say's he's riding Lin like Secretariat...

http://www.msg.com/videos/dantoni-postgame-win-vs-jazz-26-1.82476

I have to say, I like MDA. I hope he succeeds.

At this point you have to root for MDA. He finally found a PG that can run his system(by his doing, by luck, who the F cares). MDA with a PG, and a vastly improved defense, with 3 top 10 players at their positions...you have to ride with this coach, as this team if they continue to grow, will make some noise this year and potentially make a real run at it the next couple of years

GustavBahler

2/7/2012  12:06 AM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Dude are you serious? As a head coach with as much on the line as this one has, with 8 new players and STAT, Melo and Tyson to integrate and on and on, you think that he had time to focus on Lin when he 1st got here? Who was Lin that he should focus on him? Lin barely played any games in his career so far.

Now of course with some time he could get more familiar with Lin's level of development and once he felt it was time he kicked up the kid's development in this system. I just listed all the steps that they took trying to get him ready, but you have to be kidding me if you think that there's some fault to place on MDA for not getting Lin ready sooner with the schedule and all that was going on and no practice time. Unbelievable!!!

That's pretty rich asking me if I'm serious. Serious is seeing the good and the bad in the job D'antoni has done. Serious is not saying that this board doesn't know anything about the game because they find fault with some of the things D'Antoni has done as coach. Serious isn't ignoring D'antoni's own words because it hurts your case.

The fact that TD was the absolute worst starting PG in the league for much too long should have given Lin some minutes in a reserve role because the Knicks were in turmoil and needed a shakeup. Shumpert isn't a PG and was having his own problems, Bibby looked worse with each passing game. Lin getting a shot earlier in the season wouldn't have been such a bad thing IMO and I'll leave it at that because neither of us can prove a negative.

Game Thread: Lin plays the Jazz like a fiddle; 2/6/2012; 7:30 EASTERN!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy