[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lenny our future is in your hand this season
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/22/2004  7:37 PM
I won't say the timimg was wrong, Zeke had things under control(he had a plan!) Lenny wilkens need to be put on notice though , his rotations has been suspect in the last two loses. We need to go back to a 9 man rotation and set some fluidity to this roster to finish off the reg season games. TT should not start, even Terry Porter knows not to start KVH so soon , but come off the bench as a spark. Bringing up Layden is useless, he is no longer a part of this team(let it go) along with Chaney. Anybody that keeps bringing up their names to win a debate for the actions this current roster Zeke put together with Zeke+Wilkens now is a loser. Ares(ice) stop tripping.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/22/2004  8:24 PM
I think trading the 3rd option on this team (the #2 option since H20 has been rehabing) was a critical error in terms of our immediate winning %. I am not a KVH lover but he brought a lot to the floor for NY. TT has some shoes to fill so he better get to work ASAP - he has not provided much since his debut. Lets not forget - where is Nazir? Is he injured?

The trade could ultimately pan out and benefit NY - Marbury's first few games here sucked. So I will give it a few more games before I pass true judgement on the trade.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
playa2

2/23/2004  7:45 AM
NY POST: Injured Allen Houston, out with sore knees, observed, "They're playing different than when they won. Keith was a big part of our scoring and Tim has to adjust.

"We were moving the ball more, getting each other open. Now, we're holding the ball, going one-on-one, posting up too much. The floor was opened up because we were moving the ball, we were reading the situation and the play, and we've gotten away from that." Lenny it's your job to get the team to open up the floor again and get us back to our winning ways.
"TEAM BALL" NOT 1 ON 1
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/23/2004  8:05 AM
Yes....the team ball concept was hurt with the trade, taking two guys who knew the offense and passed pretty well and replaced them with two guys that don't really have a grasp yet of what is going on. Can't say I've seen enough of TT to say whether he passes well, or is unselfish.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/23/2004  8:12 AM
Dont worry fellas. We are still in the same position (6th in the East) we were before the 2 losses. TT and Nazr will come around soon.

We should go 3-1 over these next 4 games.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
playa2

2/25/2004  7:41 AM
Lenny we needed hustle last night to match songali and you didn't even play harrington... who is our charlie hustle ? That shows you are lunching!Is Zeke still looking over the coaches shoulder from the tunnel? If we lose to the (SUNS) i'm gonna puke! If we lose to the SUNS im not gonna blame houston being out, i'm gonna blame Lenny's putried rotations that left out FW and Hariington last night . That game fits both of their playing styles.

[Edited by - playa2 on 02/25/2004 11:15:05]
playa2

2/25/2004  11:16 AM
Is Lenny doing anything wrong or is it all the players fault?
playa2

2/25/2004  11:08 PM
Lenny looks lost. but ya'll give him a free ride. Now I know why zeke didn't make the trip.
playa2

2/26/2004  8:14 AM
The Knicks need a kick

by Steve Kerr
January 14, 2004

Lenny Wilkens? Lenny Wilkens! Oh my. If there's one thing Isiah Thomas can do, it's shock us.
A week after surprising everyone by delivering the NBA's biggest trade of the season, Thomas stunned basketball fans on Wednesday by hiring Wilkens, the league's all-time winningest coach, to lead the New York Knicks.

Perhaps Wilkens is Isiah's version of Hubie Brown or Joe Gibbs – a wise old sage returning to show the young ballers how to play the game. The problem is that the Knicks are a veteran team in need of fire and passion – two things Wilkens doesn't have much of anymore.

Anyone who saw the Toronto Raptors play during Wilkens' last year and a half as their head coach might question whether New York hired the right man. To be fair, the Raptors were decimated by injuries. But that's no excuse for not competing. That team lacked intensity and caved in down the stretch last season – something a coach cannot allow.

There's no denying Wilkens' knowledge and love of the game. I played for him in Cleveland with some very good Cavaliers teams, and he was an excellent coach. His offensive sets were solid, with good spacing and ball movement.

ADVERTISEMENT

He was a veteran's coach – not a disciplinarian, but perfect for an experienced good team. He provided direction and knowledge, and we won a lot of games.

The only thing missing, I felt, was an occasional outburst or motivational speech. That's just not Lenny's style, which was okay for a Cavaliers team that featured veterans like Mark Price, Larry Nance and Brad Daugherty. But for a Knicks team wallowing in mediocrity and in need of a good kick in the pants, I'm not sure if Lenny is the man.

Isiah might have been better served by following the example of fellow GM Kiki Vandeweghe. A year ago, I watched a young Denver team led by Jeff Bzdelik compete night-in and night-out despite a shortage of talent and a terrible record.

But their hungry young coach – who Vandeweghe had hired – worked tirelessly to establish a winning culture and motivate a talentless team to play hard all season. And while that team didn't win many games, it laid the foundation for this year's Nuggets, who are the surprise team of the NBA.

Bzdelik's task was not an easy one. It took energy and countless hours of work, discipline and persuasion to get his team to change its ways. The Knicks are not a young, talent-challenged team like Denver was, but they are in a position where they need a similar change. Not just a coaching change – an attitude change. A change of culture. An infusion of energy and fire.

Can Lenny Wilkens provide that? Is he the right man for the job? It's tough to imagine. Time will tell.

One thing is for sure: If it doesn't go well for Lenny and the Knicks, don't be surprised if Isiah shocks us all over again.

Steve Kerr knows coaching you got to respect his knowledge, he had phil jackson, popovich as coaches.

playa2

2/28/2004  9:27 PM
NEXT TEN GAMES WE SHOULD GO 7-3 ATLEAST. If not Lenny was just picking up an retirement check from Zeke and the players are gonna tune him out.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
2/29/2004  11:34 AM
I just hope this is a turning point for something GOOD, now that H20 is back.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

3/12/2004  11:00 PM
NEWS AT 11;00
Who was coaching tonight, Lenny ( I won more games than you all) Wilkens or Gus Shultz. This old guy didn't call us to foul someone so 76ers couldn't make a three. I called this imposter out when he 1st came from toronto. Zeke sold us some lemon and you guys got squeezed and the end result is bitter.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/12/2004  11:38 PM
Posted by playa2:

NEWS AT 11;00
Who was coaching tonight, Lenny ( I won more games than you all) Wilkens or Gus Shultz. This old guy didn't call us to foul someone so 76ers couldn't make a three. I called this imposter out when he 1st came from toronto. Zeke sold us some lemon and you guys got squeezed and the end result is bitter.

Hot damn......I tell you what, Chaney had to go and this is the result.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
playa2

3/13/2004  12:13 AM
Now when some try and post excuses, please don't say chemistry anymore. The Atlanta Hawks scored 142 pts on the wizards and they have a roster of journeymen players who haven't been together longer than the knicks new players have.

Lenny Wilkens is a fraud, this is a 1st half team, that plays like their coach come 4th qtr chokers . Read my signature
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/13/2004  1:50 AM
I can live with the TT trade, it may pay dividends long term, but Wilkens is starting to look clueless with his substitution patterns, and game calls. Sweetney is better than KT right now, but somehow KT gets 50 minutes and too many shots. I am p.o.ed.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/13/2004  3:03 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/17125.htm

Cementing the night as a disgrace, the Knicks were fortunate enough to get Nazr Mohammed free by the rim on an inbounds play. NBA rules state a ball must be batted in on an inbounds play with less than .3 seconds left. Apparently, Knick coach Lenny Wilkens forgot to mention it in the huddle.

When Penny Hardaway tossed the alley-oop feed, Mohammed caught the ball and dunked it in at the buzzer. Thinking they had won, the Knicks celebrated - until the referees waved off the basket.

Asked afterward if he knew the rule, Mohammed said, "Actually not. Then I wouldn't have tried to do it."

Mohammed said the rule was not mentioned in the huddle. Ironically, it was a near identical play to the final .5 seconds of regulation, when Hardaway whipped a crosscourt inbounds pass to an open Mohammed, who caught it in the air but missed a 5-foot banker at the buzzer.
SuperNYK992
Member: #595
USA
3/13/2004  7:48 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Dont worry fellas. We are still in the same position (6th in the East) we were before the 2 losses. TT and Nazr will come around soon.

We should go 3-1 over these next 4 games.

were in 7th, and miami is tied with us for that seed
Knicks forever!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/13/2004  9:20 AM
Posted by playa2:

Now when some try and post excuses, please don't say chemistry anymore. The Atlanta Hawks scored 142 pts on the wizards and they have a roster of journeymen players who haven't been together longer than the knicks new players have.

Lenny Wilkens is a fraud, this is a 1st half team, that plays like their coach come 4th qtr chokers . Read my signature
You are right, more so for
last night, although he DID design two last second plays that had a MAN WIDE OPEN AT THE RIM! In any case, the came should never have gotten to that point.

MY question to you is if this is so obvious to you with Wilkens why was it not obvious to you with Chaney? Do you remember Chaney's plays? KT for 3?

NY lost to a undermanned team last night. THat is a disgrace.
playa2

3/13/2004  11:04 AM
Gony how many games did Chaney have a pg that supposed to be NBA vet with skillz(Marbury) running the point for him? Lenny was a pg himself when he played and what has he shown as a headcoach. My point is Chaney has less to work with so he was given a long leash, Lenny has athletic and talented players and still has his finger up his butt. Vince Carter was right the game has passed him by.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/13/2004  11:12 AM
Well, see how Lenny does for a while...if he continues to seem clueless, maybe Isiah can go talk to Doc Rivers, Byron Scott, or even Jim O'Brian
Lenny our future is in your hand this season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy