[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The New York Knicks "Future"
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/23/2004  9:18 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Good point, Daf. IMO that was a major factor in why Isiah made the trade. He's going to bring that same playoff production out of TT on a nightly basis during the remainder of the season.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/23/2004 19:07:34]

The matinee crowd booed the Knicks and chanted Keith Van Horn's name, letting it be known they weren't happy seeing the home team play so poorly.

SAY what!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/24/2004  1:51 PM
I am thinking maybe part of the fit that IT envisions for TT is next year alongside R Wallace? Maybe there is an understanding between IT & Wallace's agent regarding where he will play next year.

Anyone else thinking that?
TheGhostOfKVH
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #603
USA
2/24/2004  3:24 PM
HARDCORE you run your mouth all the time about how sorry the knicks were before IT then you flip like a burger and now everyone has no right to be negative !!! You hate on KVH ( yes i read all the posts ) but then again you switch like transvestite and give praise to a chump like TT who is the worst overpaid player on the squad ( value on the court per dollar ) Atleast KVH & H2O gave you scoring & rebs !!! I truely wish the knicks well but we gambled and lost on the last trade. I keep hearing how Nazr was the key, but he couldn't dunk a doughnut !!
I am the Ghost of KVH, I will haunt you until you make the NBA FINALS !!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2004  3:48 PM
this team has a great future... dont let Briggs get you down. This isnt an old team. Its run by 26 year old Marbury. Obviously there are veteran players in Houston, Penny, Kurt and Harrington. However we have some young talent in the wings in Sweetney, Demaar and Frank as well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
playa2

2/24/2004  4:10 PM
Posted by TheGhostOfKVH:

HARDCORE you run your mouth all the time about how sorry the knicks were before IT then you flip like a burger and now everyone has no right to be negative !!! You hate on KVH ( yes i read all the posts ) but then again you switch like transvestite and give praise to a chump like TT who is the worst overpaid player on the squad ( value on the court per dollar ) Atleast KVH & H2O gave you scoring & rebs !!! I truely wish the knicks well but we gambled and lost on the last trade. I keep hearing how Nazr was the key, but he couldn't dunk a doughnut !!

Ghost make your self visible more often, Hardcore has been getting a free ride and needs to be put on notice more often. Good evaluation man.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
ARES
Member: #406
2/24/2004  4:27 PM
i love it when playa tries to get alegiances to help him out.

Some body in here says if you get 8 rebounds in the NBA you aint Soft.

what a joke, try dave Chappele cause that aint cutting serious sports talk.

The bench mark is 10 rebounds,if you are 6-10 eight rebounds are not enough, Jason kidds gets damn near 7 rebounds.

When peopleclaim he is soft, they talk about the way he scores virtually from the outside every shot, when he scores, and the fact he doesnt seem to try shooting scoring or dominating every game.

Allan get accused of the same thing, but you see certain type of people defend keith more. why? they think it's a personal knock on keith cause of another reason besides keiths demeanor.

You do the math.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
ARES
2/24/2004  4:37 PM
just like my last post, isiah trades a bunch of black players no one cares, he trades two white guys and brings in two black guys then he is a racist.

instead of seeing damn near most of the nba is black and if you make a trade most of the guys you get back is black, they resort to this ignorance.

instead of seeing Brad miller becoming a star under isiah....

yall get the point....just like white people sticking up for keith and not caring if anyone calls Houston soft..

it's basketball lets forget the race factor, maybe Tim is soft i havent seen enough of him, but we werent going any way with Keith, white black or other wise. he played Good for one week, he stunk his last few games as a knicks
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
ARES
2/24/2004  4:41 PM
thats not a insult to white people, thats for white people that stick up for keith cause he is white. the same can be said for black guys sticking up for isiah cause he is black.

I just want a winner who cares the ethnicity.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
2/24/2004  4:56 PM
Posted by ARES:

I just want a winner who cares the ethnicity.

nice said.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2004  6:30 PM
personally I prefer angry black guys over pasty white ones, but thats just me. One of my favorite players in the NBA is Brad Miller. Not because he's a cracker like me, but because he threw a basketball at Shaq's head (and he's a damn good player).

Give me Marbury, Houston (gotta have the shooter), Artest, Brad Miller and Kurt and I will streak through time square.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2004  6:57 PM
Not including Kurt Thomas who is a free agent, we have a payroll of roughly 92MM with 12 guaranteed contracts. Salaries on average rise 15% each year--when you have a huge payroll 15% is a lot of $$$.

Penny has an *opt in* next year which will make his contract guaranteed through 2006 for more than 15mm per year.

Im pretty sure KT will command something like 3 years 24 mm since he is opting out at nearly 6MM. He's only going to opt out if a club is willing to pay, and 3 years and 24 mm for KT from a club like San Antonio is a good investment for them.

So--this is pretty much the team. the only way to change the team from this point is

A. Trading a future 1 to a team who is looking for cap space and would rather pass on the draft.
B. Spending more money--do the Knicks break the 100MM$ barrier--I think that someone--some accountant somehwere is going to finally get someone other than Dolan to pull back here. This payroll is obscene for a poor club. How can they justify increasing payroll after taking on 150$$+ this year????
C. getting lucky with small moves 2nd round picks lower level exemp
D. trading the rest of our expiring contracts next year i.e deke harrington trybanski williams

KVH was IMHO, our last BIG asset that doesnt include taking on more salary. He is a tradeable commodity because he is a core starter, Tim Thomas only has value as a salary deal because he is drastically overpaid.

We didnt really get younger other than Marbury. Nazr is another undersized C and KVH was drafted in the same year as TT although he is 2 years older--but a much better player.

A lot of this depends on the pocketbook--although this revelationabout wanting to trade KT for Malik Rose in conjuction with the KVh trade, has me doubting Thomas:>)

RIP Crushalot😞
playa2

2/28/2004  10:12 AM
ALL we have to hope for is The "FUTURE" this season FLOP TRADES has been pushed down our throats by the used car salesman (Zeke) and his sales associate Lenny. I GUESS DEMARR AND SWEETS CAN GIVE US SOME W's in the future, hopefully we trade Frank so Marbury can breath easier
playa2

2/28/2004  2:30 PM
The problem is that before the last trades Marbury was pretty effective surrounded by "boring" players who could shoot and move w/o the ball. Now we have a potential high draft pick at stake ARGGG
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/28/2004  3:31 PM
Heh. Using some of my lines, but then again, it's becoming universal knoweldge. :)

Anyway, those very same BORING players sure made Marbury look like a superstar and made Penny look rejuvenated.

With the loss of those fundamentally sound role players around them, Marbury is playing like an overrated ballhog who doesn't trust his teammates (with damn good reason) and Penny has once again looked over the hill.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/28/2004  3:34 PM
Sorry, this is a quote from an old post, but I had to chime in: Whoopie! We'll get his career playoff avg of 12.8ppg and 4 boards from TT and call him the missing piece to our championship puzzle. :)

Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Good point, Daf. IMO that was a major factor in why Isiah made the trade. He's going to bring that same playoff production out of TT on a nightly basis during the remainder of the season.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/23/2004 19:07:34]
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
The New York Knicks "Future"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy