[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The New York Knicks "Future"
Author Thread
ARES
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #406
2/22/2004  5:00 PM
Before every one jumps off the boat, knicks fans need to keep things in mind. It's not about this year maybe not evern next year, it's about the future of the knicks and the direction they take to get there.

Under Layden and Chaney we were in a downward spiral. it's not debatable (playa) check the wins and losses. And with the contracts and unwanted players we were stuck with the team we had.

Now we loss some games and knicks fans are seeing past the mirage of a 5 game winning streak, but we have people actively making moves in the pursuit of Winning Games, and no longer just selling out the arena ,and selling dreams of a one legged Mcdeyyesor euro players that dont want it.

We lucked up with a Marbury cause Phoenix threw in the Towel. but Marbury is not a Franchise player, he is a Lower tier Fanchise guy. He cant completely Turn around a Team like a Tim duncan. you will find no bigger marbury Fan , And i am so happy we got him but the knicks need at least another Allstar to emerge, even in the EAST. And now rid of some contracts and now we have some players with some talent at least we have guys we can trade.

remember it''s about our Future, ignore the propaganda from fools like playa.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/22/2004  5:08 PM
Well said ARES and thank you very much. All you freaking clowns should stop acting like this is the end!

We are still in the playoffs! Calm down and wait for a few more games. We are going to hit .500 this year for sure. I'm not calling you guys bandwagoneers. I'm just telling you guys to chill out and watch a few more games before saying its all over and we should all just go home.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/22/2004  5:27 PM
Posted by ARES:

Before every one jumps off the boat, knicks fans need to keep things in mind. It's not about this year maybe not evern next year, it's about the future of the knicks and the direction they take to get there.

Under Layden and Chaney we were in a downward spiral. it's not debatable (playa) check the wins and losses. And with the contracts and unwanted players we were stuck with the team we had.

Now we loss some games and knicks fans are seeing past the mirage of a 5 game winning streak, but we have people actively making moves in the pursuit of Winning Games, and no longer just selling out the arena ,and selling dreams of a one legged Mcdeyyesor euro players that dont want it.

We lucked up with a Marbury cause Phoenix threw in the Towel. but Marbury is not a Franchise player, he is a Lower tier Fanchise guy. He cant completely Turn around a Team like a Tim duncan. you will find no bigger marbury Fan , And i am so happy we got him but the knicks need at least another Allstar to emerge, even in the EAST. And now rid of some contracts and now we have some players with some talent at least we have guys we can trade.

There are no FRANCHISE players that guarantee a superb winning season / championship in the NBA. There are Franchise twosomes and more. But no ONE player can put a team on his back and rip through the NBA. Jordan and Scottie. Shaq and Kobe. Tim Duncan and David Robinson.

One superstar needs at least a star or two excellent players on their team to go anywhere. Ask T-mac. Allan Iverson. Marbury. KG. Etc... If/When Kobe leaves LA, he'll soon find out too.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/22/2004  5:32 PM
I agree with you.But we also had something good going on here for the past month or so.and it was disrupted by the change; that i feel could have waited until the end of the season; unless we were getting a big time player in return. This is not about being a frontrunner or bandwagon or like hardcore says Van Horn Club.No its about being tired of losing.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/22/2004  5:44 PM
Posted by spreeeewell:

I agree with you.But we also had something good going on here for the past month or so.and it was disrupted by the change; that i feel could have waited until the end of the season; unless we were getting a big time player in return. This is not about being a frontrunner or bandwagon or like hardcore says Van Horn Club.No its about being tired of losing.
I'm tired of losing too!! We still had a losing record when Van horn was traded! We started to catch up in the win loss colomn cause Isiah made those awesome trades. This one will turn out to be an awesome trade too.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/22/2004  6:07 PM
wake up! we have a 100MM payroll that will increase next year with an OLDER team.
We traded KVh for TT who is simply not in the same calber of talent. this club couldve done damage in the playoffs with KVH--we traded a starter for a bench player no knock on Tim Thomas but hes just not as good as KVH or really even that close.

You DONT INCREASE payroll and bring on guys with max contracts to rebuild. You rebuild by dropping payroll acquiring younger players and picks. This is SUPPOSED to be a win now team--what business --whether it be an ice cream shop to a pro basketball team-would EVER take on MORE expense without the desired results of more revenue?

If we did not take on Malike Rose for KT because of $$$$ considerationsp[which is understandable] without draft picks or the use of using more money for an MLE--this IS the team--you dont have rookies here Tim Thomas IS a 7 year VET and Nazr is 5. these are not young guys--and on topof that Thomas contract expires in two years.

this was a blunder a HUGE step back and you are just kidding yourself if you believe anything different

we will make the playoffs but who cares if we back in with a sub 500 record I know I dont making the playofs below 500 shouldnt be allowed.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/22/2004  6:11 PM
Nobody said Starbury was taking NY to the promise land. It is widely accepted that NY needs an All-Star type player coupled with Starbury to get the job done. Woody Allen, even whispered similar comments to Zeke. I thought when we got rid of Dice, that type of player at the 4 needed immediate replacement.

Right now we need capable coaching to ensure NY is playoff bound. I dont see Lenny making a difference to replace Chaney who was going playoffs anyway.

Fans are not jumping ship as you put it, since the Layden days are behind us, fans will not accept NY not ready to play PEEEriod.

And surely dont expect the latest trade to go down that easy especially with no logic behind the trade, and with player production making this trade looking suspect...expect more constructive criticism less excuses my good man.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/22/2004  6:15 PM
Briggs....mighty fine post indeed.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TheSage
Member: #386
2/22/2004  6:19 PM
Do any of you think we would have lost both games if we had another shot maker. Oh yeah we have another shot maker waiting to heal completely for the stretch run. Did any of you think wew weren't going to take time to adjust. BTW Thomas is 26-GM's salivate at his talent and shake their heads at his production but maybe, just maybe Wilkens, Aguire and IT can bring it out and in the meantime maybe he can keep opposing SFs from running past. Stay cool Stay calm
TRU
Member: #196
USA
2/22/2004  6:26 PM
Posted by TheSage:

Do any of you think we would have lost both games if we had another shot maker. Oh yeah we have another shot maker waiting to heal completely for the stretch run. Did any of you think wew weren't going to take time to adjust. BTW Thomas is 26-GM's salivate at his talent and shake their heads at his production but maybe, just maybe Wilkens, Aguire and IT can bring it out and in the meantime maybe he can keep opposing SFs from running past. Stay cool Stay calm

It was a Downgrade. Definitely in the short run, it made us a weaker team. We got rid of TWO shooters too-- we've lost two straight games for lack of scoring when Doleac and Van Horn were thriving under Marbury's direction. It was a gamble. It's starting to look like IT lost this one.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/22/2004  6:57 PM
I want to hear all those who said this dropping of (soft) KVH trade would make a difference to step up. Hardcore as usual is no where to be found. Stop fooling ya self Zeke isn't perfect , he just gave us a few more victories with some excitement. Low post guy is #1 priority for anybody wanting to do work come playoff time.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
LJStillGrandmama
Member: #380
USA
2/22/2004  7:09 PM
You guys also need to remember that ANdre Miller pretty much ****ed things up. Because Zeke had an arrangement worked out with ATL to Waive Doleac, and even negotiated a contract.

But again.... when Houston gets back... We will be an OVERALL better team. But not until he gets back
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/23/2004  8:37 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

wake up! we have a 100MM payroll that will increase next year with an OLDER team.
We traded KVh for TT who is simply not in the same calber of talent. this club couldve done damage in the playoffs with KVH--we traded a starter for a bench player no knock on Tim Thomas but hes just not as good as KVH or really even that close.

You DONT INCREASE payroll and bring on guys with max contracts to rebuild. You rebuild by dropping payroll acquiring younger players and picks. This is SUPPOSED to be a win now team--what business --whether it be an ice cream shop to a pro basketball team-would EVER take on MORE expense without the desired results of more revenue?

If we did not take on Malike Rose for KT because of $$$$ considerationsp[which is understandable] without draft picks or the use of using more money for an MLE--this IS the team--you dont have rookies here Tim Thomas IS a 7 year VET and Nazr is 5. these are not young guys--and on topof that Thomas contract expires in two years.

this was a blunder a HUGE step back and you are just kidding yourself if you believe anything different

we will make the playoffs but who cares if we back in with a sub 500 record I know I dont making the playofs below 500 shouldnt be allowed.

is'nt timmy and nazr younger than van horn and doleac? i see where you are coming from. we needed outside shooting and van horn, i have to admit, had a great season for us doing that. but the fact remains that we are STILL sixth seed and after the sacremento game every other game should be winnable. we also can't gaurantee which van horn we will have in the off-season. as far as tim thomas ability goes, he was a good outside shooter but i think zeke got him for two reasons: post up ability and athleticism. he provides those two that van horn can't. remember, tim was used to a system in milwakke and now he is adjusting. it will take some time. maybe the timing was a little off but i think this is still the right deal. naz is an athletic center who WILL get better. he stays in the post ( something doleac does'nt do on a consistent basis) which is something we need.the big concern is having houston out for a long time. that will hurt us more than anything else.
spreeeewell
2/23/2004  9:41 AM
Posted by jazz74:
Posted by BRIGGS:

is'nt timmy and nazr younger than van horn and doleac? i see where you are coming from. we needed outside shooting and van horn, i have to admit, had a great season for us doing that. but the fact remains that we are STILL sixth seed and after the sacremento game every other game should be winnable. we also can't gaurantee which van horn we will have in the off-season. as far as tim thomas ability goes, he was a good outside shooter but i think zeke got him for two reasons: post up ability and athleticism. he provides those two that van horn can't. remember, tim was used to a system in milwakke and now he is adjusting. it will take some time. maybe the timing was a little off but i think this is still the right deal. naz is an athletic center who WILL get better. he stays in the post ( something doleac does'nt do on a consistent basis) which is something we need.the big concern is having houston out for a long time. that will hurt us more than anything else.
If we start winning.I'd be the 1st to admit that i was wrong. The #1 priority is for the Knicks to win.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2004  10:18 AM
van horn and timmay were traded on draft day for each other.

nobody whom averages 8 rebounds in the NBA is soft.

KVH is a better basketball player. I don't understand the trade.

Trading Doleac and KVH almost on the surface appears that Isiah is trading his white players out. Im not saying it, but it appears that way. Too bad he was not savvy enough to get doleac back. That was a mistake.

This team is built to win now, and I do hope Timmahy fits in better than shown. Timmahy career stats are not as good as KVH, and has his own baggage.

Time will tell.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/23/2004  10:28 AM
Posted by ARES:

great post ares.....well said..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
spreeeewell
2/23/2004  10:32 AM
Posted by Nalod:

van horn and timmay were traded on draft day for each other.

nobody whom averages 8 rebounds in the NBA is soft.

KVH is a better basketball player. I don't understand the trade.

Trading Doleac and KVH almost on the surface appears that Isiah is trading his white players out. Im not saying it, but it appears that way. Too bad he was not savvy enough to get doleac back. That was a mistake.

This team is built to win now, and I do hope Timmahy fits in better than shown. Timmahy career stats are not as good as KVH, and has his own baggage.

Time will tell.
"Trading Doleac and KVH almost almost on the surface appears that Isaih is trading his white players out." I'm glad you said that and not me cause this Shyt is going to open a can of worms...
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/23/2004  10:36 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs, I respect your post that this last post is a bunch of BS.. first of all, I am all for rebuilding but you must have a player to rebuild around. We have that in steph, mission accomplished.. next we got rid of past their primes overbaid bums like spoon, eisley, an injured dice and some euro prospects. To say that our PR is going up is not true. In the moochie deal we saved money, TT's contract is less than KVH and don't give me years, KVH has a player option that he sure as hell will exercise because no on will give him 15 mil a year anymore.... Penny will be in his last year next year and teams will drool over his expiring deal. If you look at it we have basically two long max contracts, that is steph( who is worth it at age 27) and Houston which is a forgone conclusion. We got younger with guys like TT, nazr, Dermarr Johnson, we have young guys in sweetney, Frank williams, othella has a good contract and KT deal is expiring the end of this year. Now tell me briggs, how are we getting old, our team on the average just got about 4 years younger than the one we had. and how is our Payroll going up tell me briggs?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Dafewcha
Member: #588
USA
2/23/2004  6:38 PM
i feel u tkf....but not only that you guys should really take a look at tim thomas' playoff stats and keith van horns playoff stats...tim's stats in the playoff stand out alot more
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/23/2004  7:05 PM
Good point, Daf. IMO that was a major factor in why Isiah made the trade. He's going to bring that same playoff production out of TT on a nightly basis during the remainder of the season.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/23/2004 19:07:34]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
The New York Knicks "Future"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy