[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Man, looks like Thomas messed up big time with this trade
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/22/2004  3:04 PM
Tim Thomas is awful. One of the worst players I have seen in a while. The team sucks right now. Mohammed is a waste of space. No chemistry. This keeps up and in a couple of games we will be out of the playoffs.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/22/2004  3:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOO lets give him time to get acquainted with Lenny's offense , he's a great guy to have on the break to run along side marbury. KVH was balling so Zeke looks like the false "MESSIAH"
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/22/2004  3:20 PM
Posted by simrud:

Tim Thomas is awful. One of the worst players I have seen in a while. The team sucks right now. Mohammed is a waste of space. No chemistry. This keeps up and in a couple of games we will be out of the playoffs.

yea bucks fan must be loving it. with kvh we probably win this game
Yes! - Marv Albert
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/22/2004  4:00 PM
I'm afraid Tim Thomas is not a player that runs the court like a Kmart or RJ. If he was that player then this trade would work eventhough we lose KVH's shooting. Nazr looks lost out there. They need to practice really hard and gell really quick.
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
2/22/2004  4:04 PM
i think isiah just wanted to move kvh outta here cause hes a Layden player. didnt isiah say that trading spree "wasnt my move"
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
gunsnewing
USA
2/22/2004  4:12 PM
I was wondering if maybe Isiah was overrating TT and Nazr when he spoke about the trade. I sure hope that isn't the case.
gunsnewing
USA
2/22/2004  4:14 PM
Tim Thomas seems to be way too passive. Maybe KVh looked like that in the past but this year he was a lot more agressive putting shots up.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/22/2004 16:15:29]
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/22/2004  4:19 PM
Posted by hDavis:

i think isiah just wanted to move kvh outta here cause hes a Layden player. didnt isiah say that trading spree "wasnt my move"
I agree with you 100% and I agree with Isaih also.but the time wasn't right. He should had waited until end of season to trade Van Horn.

[Edited by - spreeeewell on 02/22/2004 17:10:11]
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
gunsnewing
USA
2/22/2004  4:21 PM
We did beat Detroit after making the trade.

Oh wait that's because TT and Nazr didn't play!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/22/2004 16:40:50]

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/22/2004 16:41:08]
spreeeewell
Member: #436
2/22/2004  4:33 PM
YO! I am mad We look like **** and now we have to go out west.and houston is out and who knows when he'll be back and if he'll be at least 75% healthy.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/22/2004  4:39 PM
The only thing I liked about this trade is Nazi Mohammed, but its clear we need a center that's more like Doleac right now than Mohammed.

Plain and simple, if Isiah wanted to make a deal like this, it should have been at the end of the year. The Knicks could not afford to trade a the best player in the deal and get two guys back. They were supposed to be giving the two guys for the best player.

But the thing that bugs me most is that Isiah should've realized that Allan Houston wasn't coming back anytime soon. Doc Rivers said himself that he saw Houston practice and looked like it would be a long time untill he would be able to come back. That raises a red flag for multiple reasons.

a) With Allan Houston out, Doleac and Van Horn are your best shooters. Now without Doleac and Van Horn, we barely have anyone outside of Marbury who's capable of consistently hitting a 3 or an outside J. That makes us a very one dimensional offense, considering we still don't have post players. All we have are slashers.

b) With Allan Houston out, Van Horn was a key cog as the second option on this team. Now with no Van Horn there is no 2nd or 3rd option. Kurt Thomas can't be your second option because he needs someone to set him up. We are a very Marbury heavy team now, and when he struggles for 3.5 quarters as he did today, we have nothing. Tim Thomas can't be depended on to score. He can't shoot like Van Horn, and he doesn't attack the rim the same way.

c) Tim Thomas can't board. At least Van Horn was a willing rebounder who hit the offensive glass. The last two games we've been absolutely killed on the offensive boards. Wonder why? Well we only have two guys hitting the glass most of the time instead of 3.

It might make us more athletic in the long run, but your athletes have to be able to play. And we might get a better young center in the long run, but the one we had fit better for this team right now.

Bottom line is, how many adjustment periods does this team need to have? They were playing really good ball before the trade (KT suspension games not withstanding). This was one move that should've waited for later...
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/22/2004  5:11 PM
Posted by simrud:

Calm down bro! We are in better shape than we have been in the last 2.5 years. I am confident we will keep moving forward.

Today was a bad loss but put it in perspective. We still have 1/3 left. We are gonna be fine.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
VDesai
USA
2/22/2004  5:14 PM
We won't be out of the playoffs, but we might not get out of the 6,7,8 territory now, which is huge considering how well the Nets are playing, how good Indy is, and how much Detroit improved by adding Wallace. Milwaukee should get better with the addition of Van Horn, and I don't think New Orleans will continue to play as badly as they have recently. We're gonna have to step up our play, and we really couldn't afford to take another step back for a few games.

Perhaps playing on the road will reduce the pressure on Thomas and Mohammed and they'll play better. Hopefully.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/22/2004  5:18 PM
Is TT hiding out in NY

Allen, now in Seattle, ripped Tim Thomas, recently. Thomas responded by telling reporters he would slap Allen next time he saw him.

I hope this does not happen in NY while we are trying to develop our winning ways

Thomas fired back.

“The years when we first got in the playoffs in Indiana, those guys were lost,” Thomas said, referring to the Big Three. “Sam (Cassell) and Glenn, too. Those guys were nowhere to be found. And that’s why I got paid — bottom line.

Interesting reading at www.detnews.com./2004/pistons/0402/22/d04-70974.htm

[Edited by - Bobby on 02/22/2004 17:30:35]
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Silverfuel
USA
2/22/2004  5:24 PM
Posted by VDesai:

We won't be out of the playoffs, but we might not get out of the 6,7,8 territory now, which is huge considering how well the Nets are playing, how good Indy is, and how much Detroit improved by adding Wallace. Milwaukee should get better with the addition of Van Horn, and I don't think New Orleans will continue to play as badly as they have recently. We're gonna have to step up our play, and we really couldn't afford to take another step back for a few games.

Perhaps playing on the road will reduce the pressure on Thomas and Mohammed and they'll play better. Hopefully.
Were you expecting more than a 5,6,7 spot year? I would've been happy if we made the 7th spot! TT will come around I'm sure of it. I liked KVH too but I definately dont think he would've bailed us out of a Cleaveland loss.

Wasn't he on the team the first two times we played the Cavs this year? We still lost.
VDesai
USA
2/22/2004  5:30 PM
I wasn't expecting playoffs before the year....HOWEVER, a week or two before the all-star break, the way we were playing (without even having Allan Houston active) I thought we could get a 4 or 5 seed. The team was playing that well. The Thomas suspension was a let down, but in the games we lost the team basically ran out of gas..its not that they played that horribly. But you look at the last two games, and these are absolute stinkers...AT HOME! It's very sad to see a drop off in play like that so quickly. I wish we had some continuity back.
Silverfuel
USA
2/22/2004  5:42 PM
We will still be a 4th or 5th seed.
VDesai
USA
2/22/2004  5:54 PM
I hope so...I'm just not feeling the positive vibes after this game, and with Sacramento coming up. Luckily they are hit with an injury bug. This may be an opportunity to boost up the confidence again.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/22/2004  7:01 PM
Zeke thought that by dropping KVH and picking up TT that the knicks would be a running machine. NAZR PLAYED FOR A LOSING TEAM ATL so he doesn't know what it takes to win under pressure. KVH played in finals and gave knicks brass no reason to trade him instead of KT SET SHOT SHOOTING TAIL.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/22/2004  9:23 PM
The trade looks awful so far, but it's two freakin' games. That is way too small a sample to make sweeping assessments. Give it time before we kill it.
Man, looks like Thomas messed up big time with this trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy