[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Warriors vs Knicks
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/10/2001  7:59 PM
Rookie Jason Richardson has 14 points in the first quarter so far. Good job Allan Houston on D.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/10/2001  8:14 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Rookie Jason Richardson has 14 points in the first quarter so far. Good job Allan Houston on D.
Richardson should be nicknamed "the Baker" because he's "creaming" our defense.
Andrew
USA
11/10/2001  8:31 PM
Maybe we can borrow Marc Jackson...he isn't getting any minutes, and our big guys are getting killed.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/10/2001  9:23 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:

The Knicks are getting cooked.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
11/10/2001  9:41 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:

The rookie Jason Richardson is better than anyone on our team. Now that's sad.
Andrew
USA
11/10/2001  9:43 PM
Boy we really suck. Even Spree is playing bad....benched for a long time. Thomas is a power forward that only takes a face up or fall away shots...no taking it strong to the basket. I only like the play of Spoon and Shandon right now. No one else is playing worth a damn.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
11/10/2001  9:45 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Andrew:

The rookie Jason Richardson is better than anyone on our team. Now that's sad.
Troy Murphy is dismantling our front line. Beaten, no, blown out by a pair of rookies, now this is sad. The NBA is NOW a young players' league. When are we going to learn this and ditch all our fossils?

Allan Houston has got to be traded. Honestly, everyone can go for youth. As long as we have Van Gundy as coach, we'll be mediocre without post players.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
11/10/2001  10:29 PM
How much lower can we go?? When was the last time we lost by 19 at home to a team like the Warriors???
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
11/11/2001  12:00 AM
i was just at the game...it was pitiful. and today size wasnt even their biggest problem. they couldnt knock down shots and couldnt stop the warriors. the knicks are supposed to be a perimeter shooting, defensive minded team..thats how they are designed. they cant do either, and thats why we are losing to the likes of the warriors...
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
prowler
Member: #135
USA
11/11/2001  8:21 AM
The Knicks are supposed to be a perimeter team on offense and a very defensive team. Is it working? NO NO NO . The problem is our system and the man behind the system. I am not just now expressing this because we are losing but i was never a real fan of Van Gundy and his system and never will be. Just watch a classic battle of the knicks and the heat. What do u see? A mirror image ugly basketball. To me that is not good at all cause the heat along with their coaching staff is a bunch of underacheivers.(Except Zo) A coahes job is to use what he has (personell) and maximize their individual talents and potential and come up with a winning formula. In my opinion ,which means nothing, JVG has failed miserably at that. He still is trying to turn the team into a half court team in the post Ewing era without a true post player. Our main guys have been Spree and Marcus so it was his job to adapt. But i guess where he learned to coach they had one philosophy and that was it with no wavering. I luv this team even in their inconsistencies but what hurts me continually is to night in and night out season after season watch our coaching and managerial staffs respectively leave us without a decent shot to win.
knicker for life
Caseloads
11/11/2001  11:35 AM
Posted by prowler:

The Knicks are supposed to be a perimeter team on offense and a very defensive team. Is it working? NO NO NO . The problem is our system and the man behind the system. I am not just now expressing this because we are losing but i was never a real fan of Van Gundy and his system and never will be. Just watch a classic battle of the knicks and the heat. What do u see? A mirror image ugly basketball. To me that is not good at all cause the heat along with their coaching staff is a bunch of underacheivers.(Except Zo) A coahes job is to use what he has (personell) and maximize their individual talents and potential and come up with a winning formula. In my opinion ,which means nothing, JVG has failed miserably at that. He still is trying to turn the team into a half court team in the post Ewing era without a true post player. Our main guys have been Spree and Marcus so it was his job to adapt. But i guess where he learned to coach they had one philosophy and that was it with no wavering. I luv this team even in their inconsistencies but what hurts me continually is to night in and night out season after season watch our coaching and managerial staffs respectively leave us without a decent shot to win.
It's not Van Gundy's fault. There are NO post players that have ANY Offensive Game. CAMBY HAS NO OFFENSIVE GAME. NO POST MOVES. We have NO Small Forward, and spree (at SF) is playing against guys who are 6'9", while he's 6'5" - mismatch. We have a Shooting Guard with NO HEART. NONE. And our Point Guards are all deserving to be second string PGs. Anyone think otherwise?
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/11/2001  12:04 PM
I wouldn't blame JVG either.
We suck.
Caseloads
11/11/2001  1:03 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

I wouldn't blame JVG either.
I would say that Jeff is one of the top 10 coaches in the NBA (out of 29 coaches)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2001  1:41 PM
Posted by nyballer:

i was just at the game...it was pitiful. and today size wasnt even their biggest problem. they couldnt knock down shots and couldnt stop the warriors. the knicks are supposed to be a perimeter shooting, defensive minded team..thats how they are designed. they cant do either, and thats why we are losing to the likes of the warriors...

Whoa, you were at the game. I gues that would make it a mixed blessing... you got tickets to the game, but the game sucked. Anything you could pass on to the rest of us out-of-Mecca-land fans regarding the mood of the crowd and any other MSG tid-bits?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Warriors vs Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy