Sheed or no Sheed we are still pretty good
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/19/2004  10:03 PM
Lets review what we already have to work with for the rest of this year:
C - Deke and Nazr, 2 real C's, very very solid.
PF - KT, OH, Sweetney - slightly above average.
SF - TT, Penny, Anderson - good
SG - Houston, Penny, Anderson - awesome
PG - Marbury, FW, Norris - awesome

Basically we are looking at one of the best if not the best backcourt in the NBA, a very solid defensive minded hardworking frontcourt, and an X factor at SF with TT who can be anything from solid to awesome.

The bench is very good with OH, Nazr, Penny, FW, and Anderson, few benches are better.

Possible signings of Doleac and Baker in the near future might futher bolster the already very solid frontcourt and add another X factor in Baker.

In the offseason possible signing of Wallace, so that looks good, too.

Overall, while I'm dissapointed in us not making another deal before the deadline, this team is very good as it is and we havent even seen all that it can do, I mean we did not evne see TT and Nazr play almost at all. I'm not even mentioning a healthy Houston.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/19/2004  10:45 PM
I don't know about SG being awesome. If Houston's not 100% or close then it becomes aweful. I don't like giving big #'s to Anderson. Would put Penny, or FW at SG .We need Houston if we want to go far in playoffs.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/20/2004  12:09 AM
Posted by simrud:

Lets review what we already have to work with for the rest of this year:
C - Deke and Nazr, 2 real C's, very very solid.
PF - KT, OH, Sweetney - slightly above average.
SF - TT, Penny, Anderson - good
SG - Houston, Penny, Anderson - awesome
PG - Marbury, FW, Norris - awesome

Basically we are looking at one of the best if not the best backcourt in the NBA, a very solid defensive minded hardworking frontcourt, and an X factor at SF with TT who can be anything from solid to awesome.

The bench is very good with OH, Nazr, Penny, FW, and Anderson, few benches are better.

Possible signings of Doleac and Baker in the near future might futher bolster the already very solid frontcourt and add another X factor in Baker.

In the offseason possible signing of Wallace, so that looks good, too.

Overall, while I'm dissapointed in us not making another deal before the deadline, this team is very good as it is and we havent even seen all that it can do, I mean we did not evne see TT and Nazr play almost at all. I'm not even mentioning a healthy Houston.

Left out Demarr.
The only things I would change are, SG to "slightly above average" and PF to "average"
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
2/20/2004  1:53 AM
Posted by BigRedDog:

I don't know about SG being awesome. If Houston's not 100% or close then it becomes aweful. I don't like giving big #'s to Anderson. Would put Penny, or FW at SG .We need Houston if we want to go far in playoffs.

yup-we will need a healthy houston to go anywhere serious in the playoffs. if he can't go, i think we should look into jr rider
Yes! - Marv Albert
Sheed or no Sheed we are still pretty good

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy