[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Utah Jazz @ New York Knicks (2/20)
Author Thread
keyindabox
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #562
USA
2/19/2004  7:51 PM
I think it is time to focus on winning and playing big in the second half. Forget the distractions....

Knicks win
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/19/2004  8:00 PM
I hope Houston sits this one out...
We don't need him for this win.
And if he was hurting at the begining of the week..
Why rush it when we can take this...
We need him back 100%

This is a win..

I hope Houston comes back for the Cavs game..
So he has time to play with the new faces before the real Test..
The Kings!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/19/2004  8:04 PM
I'm looking foward to seeing Deke go on another shot-blocking rampage where he swats 3 in a row!!! Can't wait til tommorow's game against Utah. Can't wait to see what TT and Nazr can do for us!!!

Knicks by 29!

GO NY GO NY GO!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/19/2004 20:07:03]
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
2/20/2004  12:07 AM
hell yeah the knicks are gonna start a big win streak!!!!!!!
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/20/2004  12:11 AM
Posted by nyvector16:

I hope Houston sits this one out...
We don't need him for this win.
And if he was hurting at the begining of the week..
Why rush it when we can take this...
We need him back 100%

This is a win..

I hope Houston comes back for the Cavs game..
So he has time to play with the new faces before the real Test..
The Kings!

Houston isn't playing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/20/sports/basketball/20KNIC.html
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
2/20/2004  12:19 AM
Houstan = McDyce
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/20/2004  2:30 AM
Houston is hurt and recovering...
He came back to quickly at the beggining of the season..
Now he's getting the rest he should have gotten earlier..
To compare him to McDyess is not only unfair but ridiculous.
It's his first major time off his whole time with our team.
Cut the guy some slack.

After the Kings game... we really don't need him to win the games that follow. I say sit him out until we play the Bucks March 14th.
He should be all set by then.. That gives him 15 games to play with the team before Playoffs... I'd rather have a fresh Houston then..
when he comes back.. I'd ease him into the roation... maybe off the bench at first.. just to get his body acustomed to the rigors of a game.

I doubt he'll sit that long.. But if I was in charge.. I certainly would not take any chances.. especially since we don't even need him to win most games in the regular season with our schedule.

Penny is gonna Light UP the Jazz... should be a fun game to watch.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
2/20/2004  3:38 AM
agreed, but i still wouldnt bank on his knees getting better even for the playoffs to where they should be. jr rider?
Posted by nyvector16:

Houston is hurt and recovering...
He came back to quickly at the beggining of the season..
Now he's getting the rest he should have gotten earlier..
To compare him to McDyess is not only unfair but ridiculous.
It's his first major time off his whole time with our team.
Cut the guy some slack.

After the Kings game... we really don't need him to win the games that follow. I say sit him out until we play the Bucks March 14th.
He should be all set by then.. That gives him 15 games to play with the team before Playoffs... I'd rather have a fresh Houston then..
when he comes back.. I'd ease him into the roation... maybe off the bench at first.. just to get his body acustomed to the rigors of a game.

I doubt he'll sit that long.. But if I was in charge.. I certainly would not take any chances.. especially since we don't even need him to win most games in the regular season with our schedule.

Penny is gonna Light UP the Jazz... should be a fun game to watch.
Yes! - Marv Albert
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/20/2004  5:45 AM
We really don't need Houston to beat the Jazz. He should rest as much as possible, and there is no need to rush him for the Kings game either. They are depleted upfront, so we should be able to beat them w/out Houston as well. I'm not even sure we need Houston in the regular season at all. In the playffos when everybody slows it down, and starts to throw zones at you, then Houston is irreplacable. So we just have to make sure he is 100% and in game shape by game 1 of the 1st round series against whoever. All you need for that is play about 5-8 games in the end of the regular season. He can seat out that long for all I care.

Look for Marbury to have a monster game, he is going up against Aroyo and Lopez, both guards are smaller, weaker, and slower. TT and Nazr will bring their A game tonight in their real dayview. Look for big numbers from both, especially TT. Utah has no frontlilne, it should be a slaughter in the paint for us. I'm predicting a blowout by the middle of the 3rd.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
TRU
Member: #196
USA
2/20/2004  6:03 AM
Posted by simrud:

We really don't need Houston to beat the Jazz. He should rest as much as possible, and there is no need to rush him for the Kings game either. They are depleted upfront, so we should be able to beat them w/out Houston as well. I'm not even sure we need Houston in the regular season at all. In the playffos when everybody slows it down, and starts to throw zones at you, then Houston is irreplacable. So we just have to make sure he is 100% and in game shape by game 1 of the 1st round series against whoever. All you need for that is play about 5-8 games in the end of the regular season. He can seat out that long for all I care.

Look for Marbury to have a monster game, he is going up against Aroyo and Lopez, both guards are smaller, weaker, and slower. TT and Nazr will bring their A game tonight in their real dayview. Look for big numbers from both, especially TT. Utah has no frontlilne, it should be a slaughter in the paint for us. I'm predicting a blowout by the middle of the 3rd.

All your point are valid. If acclimation wasn't an issue, I'd sit him as long as possible. I don't like Marbury bearing the scoring burden for the rest of the regular season, though. He plays alot of minutes, and has been doing so throughout. I'd hate to see him burn out...

Besides, Hou is smart. He sees the sucess they're having without him. Like Shaq has been known to do, he's saving himself for the important games, plus getting his quads diesel in the process.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
TheSage
Member: #386
2/20/2004  7:58 AM
There is no reason to believe that Houston will not fully recover. His was not not major surgery as i understand it. It was not reconstructive but remedial and all that needs is time. He has some pain which is normal and his only problem is lack of cartilege which cushions the knee. So, unless someone has better information, let's treat it as a relatively minor thing.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/20/2004  8:12 AM
I hope so man. Because if he comes back and is fine for the first few games then starts complaining about pain I'm gonna be really pissed off.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/20/2004  12:41 PM
Posted by TheSage:

There is no reason to believe that Houston will not fully recover. His was not not major surgery as i understand it. It was not reconstructive but remedial and all that needs is time. He has some pain which is normal and his only problem is lack of cartilege which cushions the knee. So, unless someone has better information, let's treat it as a relatively minor thing.

I don't think it is a minor thing. It's been going on for ~50 games and he still has pain. They are talking about having more surgery to try to promote cartilage growth. I don't see him being pain free at least for the rest of the year.

[Edited by - BigRedDog on 02/20/2004 15:09:02]
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
2/20/2004  2:16 PM
Kirilenko is going to have an amazing game. The Knicks have no one that can D his all around game. He is the white version of Garnett although he is not as good.
keyindabox
Member: #562
USA
2/20/2004  2:35 PM
Are you serious? You think he is gonna single handingly beat our team? Man are you high or something?
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
letitbeheard
Member: #543
2/20/2004  4:57 PM
The Knicks should win this one by a good margin. It's going to be simple: Take care of the basketball!
Yep, that's all we need to do for this one.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/20/2004  5:23 PM
There's every reason to believe Houston will never play w/o pain again. He'll be 33 in 2 months to the day. He has a lot of miles on him, from big minutes to playoff success. What Houston is experiencing is wear and tear on his knees.

The funny thing about these articles in the NY Post is that cartillage doesn't really ever grow back. Just ask Tim Hardaway and the hordes of other former athletes who have been said to have been playing with bone-on-bone. As far as i know, the procedure done on Houston involved transplanting cartillage from another part of his body to his knee to stimulate growth. When they talk about microfractures, it makes me think of what ruined penny's career.

Cartillage acts as a shock absorber between bones. When it's torn or worn away, it doesn't really heal. The jagged edges as a result of a tear usually lead to inflammation of the joint. For the most part, doctors simply cut off the jagged edges and call it a day (see john starks).

Houston undoubtedly came back too soon. The first game of the season was a job--- he was clearly limping a bit and favoring his leg. After scarely any preseason action, jumping right in and play 40+mpg was very bad.

Posted by BigRedDog:
Posted by TheSage:

I don't think it is a minor thing. It's been going on for ~50 games and he still has pain. They are talking about having more surgery to try to promote cartilage growth. I don't see him being pain free at least for the rest of the year.

[Edited by - BigRedDog on 02/20/2004 15:09:02]
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/20/2004  6:24 PM
I love it when people think we can trade Houston for AI. These other teams see whats going on with Houston. We really need him healthy for any serious playoff run.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/20/2004  6:25 PM
All we can do right now is continue to play hard. Hopefully when Houston comes back, he will atleast be better than before. A hurting Houston is still better than Shandon is right now.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/20/2004  7:57 PM
Utah, Yawn......let me tune in Det/Wolves game
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Utah Jazz @ New York Knicks (2/20)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy