[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We might be in the process of a deal...
Author Thread
SuperNYK992
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #595
USA
2/19/2004  4:39 PM
Most Deals aren't reported untill 6 p.m. Plus, if you were negoiciating a deal before the deadline, you are allowed to work throught the dealdline(with that team), until you have met an agreement.
Knicks forever!
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/19/2004  4:53 PM
Dumars is a good judge of talent just like Zeke but both of them might have moved to soon and missed on a chance at a title this yr.

Zeke should have went for Rasheed 1st and got marbury 2nd, Tell me this what other team would have needed marbury before a big man? Most playoff teams have a pg in place, everybody needs big MAN in the post. That to me is always a #1 priority over a pg.

Dumars: by picking Mello over Darko could have a team of:

Billups
Hamilton
Mello
Sheed
Ben

with okur, prince, williamson Mike James from the bench,. could give any team on the league a big run for a title!

Dumars may have got a ring this season had he picked mello!

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/19/2004  4:56 PM
I was hoping that we would unload Shandon's sorry ass and his ridiculous contract.
SuperNYK992
USA
2/19/2004  5:01 PM
Zeke should have went for Rasheed 1st and got marbury 2nd
Are you off your....Rocker?

This works out brilliantly because Sheed wants to go to NYK this offseason
Knicks forever!
bernard
Member: #475
2/19/2004  5:04 PM
Playa, how can you compare Steph's value to Sheed's? Steph has proven himself. Guy's been awesome. Huge difference in W's & L's. If we couldn't get Sheed after getting Steph, how could have we gotten Steph after getting Sheed?
metra
Member: #473
2/19/2004  5:12 PM
I dunno what deal theyd be in cause Stein says its official: Dampier isnt leaving GS.

Does Isiah have any cards left up his sleave?
playa2

2/19/2004  5:17 PM
Posted by bernard:

Playa, how can you compare Steph's value to Sheed's? Steph has proven himself. Guy's been awesome. Huge difference in W's & L's. If we couldn't get Sheed after getting Steph, how could have we gotten Steph after getting Sheed?

Phoenix owner wants to rebuild he wasn't gonna win anything with marbury that's why he gave him up and kept marion and Stoudemire. Marbury would have still been a SUN, if Zeke didn't sell the house in getting starbury. Don't get me wrong Marbury has done wonders for the knicks but give me sheed and Williams when the initial trade was made and you would have seen Wallace cause havoc in the eastern conference and we would have been talking about how valuable shhed was to the knicks. We needed a big man everysince we got rid of ewing. We went to the finals with servicable pgs , but we always needed a big man to be able to win in 4th qtr half court playoff games.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TheSage
Member: #386
2/19/2004  5:19 PM
Bernard-Have you not learned. Playa's judgment far surpasses that of any present General Manager, scout or coach. How foolish of you to question his intimate knowledge of the players and their talents or his vast acumen in assessing the proper utilization of the roster.
playa2

2/19/2004  5:39 PM
Just talk b-ball I don't take this personal, My logic makes sense just not to you.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/19/2004  5:57 PM
Posted by TheSage:

Bernard-Have you not learned. Playa's judgment far surpasses that of any present General Manager, scout or coach. How foolish of you to question his intimate knowledge of the players and their talents or his vast acumen in assessing the proper utilization of the roster.

A shame we ruined our chances at getting Rahim by getting Marbury...
Zeke destroyed this team the day he got us this point guard who will only sell tickets and not get us a championship!

**sound familiar?
SuperNYK992
USA
2/19/2004  6:02 PM
Posted by nyvector16:
Posted by TheSage:

A shame we ruined our chances at getting Rahim by getting Marbury...
Zeke destroyed this team the day he got us this point guard who will only sell tickets and not get us a championship!

**sound familiar?

Does "Sound Familiar" mean your joking or thats what happed wit layden
Knicks forever!
playa2

2/19/2004  6:13 PM
I wonder any of you didn't address my point ? You guys got funnies today
LJStillGrandmama
Member: #380
USA
2/19/2004  8:08 PM
Your point was addressed, playa, then dismissed because you're an idiot!

It's real simple... because we have Marbury, good players now want to come to the Knicks. YOU COULD NOT SAY THIS BEFORE.

And if we had gotten Sheed first, I doubt a lot of players would be jumping up and down with the chance to play with him.

Steph was the right first move. Get off of Frank William's pee-pee, and realize he wasn't the answer. Yeah, he had a good 4 game stretch... but there's a reason it took him so long to get Chaney's confidence... and a reason it's taking so long for Lenny's...

That reason is cuz he's an AVERAGE PG

[Edited by - LJSTILLGRANDMAMA on 02/19/2004 20:09:42]
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/19/2004  8:13 PM
could be true but Chaney should've started him a long time ago. If he did he wouldn't have only 4 games as the starter under his belt and his value could've gone up.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/19/2004  9:42 PM
playa... I'm usually just an observer here but I think I've figured out your logic. Come up with the most retarded idea possible, and defend it to the best of your limited abilities.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/19/2004  10:50 PM
Y'all cats might be paying Playa too much attention. Notice how many threads get thrown off course because so many postas focus on whe blabber he froths at the mouth with all the time?

Let's leave the fools alone and get back on Topic!

Since no deal went down. I guess that's that.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/19/2004  10:56 PM
Sure Chaney was a jerk for not playing FW earlier, esp. instead of Ward who was a free agent, BUT Marbury at 26 is the player you build a team around 1st, not Wallace who at 30 , with a possible attitude problem , who also is a free agent and you can lose him with nothing in return is really more of a person you add to a Marbury.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/19/2004  11:13 PM
Posted by playa2:

Dumars is a good judge of talent just like Zeke but both of them might have moved to soon and missed on a chance at a title this yr.

Zeke should have went for Rasheed 1st and got marbury 2nd, Tell me this what other team would have needed marbury before a big man? Most playoff teams have a pg in place, everybody needs big MAN in the post. That to me is always a #1 priority over a pg.

Dumars: by picking Mello over Darko could have a team of:

Billups
Hamilton
Mello
Sheed
Ben

with okur, prince, williamson Mike James from the bench,. could give any team on the league a big run for a title!

Dumars may have got a ring this season had he picked mello!
soory fellas i caught this a little late, playa my man...
first you say the most important thing is a big man in the post, then you critisize the pistons for picking up darko? c'mon, talk about a contradiction. wow!
exactly how was detroit supposed to know they would have sheed in the middle of the season? oh, one more thing. not all rookies play the way bron & melo have this season. give darko some time, don't write him off so quick. yeah, i'll agree that mello might have been a better pick in terms of talent, but the bottom line is they picked up what they needed. a big man for the future.
soory again fellas, back to the subject.
playa2

2/20/2004  5:34 AM
Stop smoking weed man, carmello aint little at 6'8 fool. My logic angers you when it should enlighten you.
LJStillGrandmama
Member: #380
USA
2/20/2004  8:32 AM
You're the fool. How many succesful 6'8 PF's and Centers are there out there? Cuz that's what they needed (obvious by the Sheed trade) and not a SF.

If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
We might be in the process of a deal...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy