[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mighty mouse available?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2001  10:23 PM
I'm surprised I haven't heard this one in amongst the latest trade rumors. I don't know how reliable this is, but, well, here it is.

From www.bskball.com :
DAMON ODD MAN OUT

Damon Stoudamire appears to be the odd man in Portland. According to sources near the team, Damon may be the odd man out when Ruben Patterson returns to the lineup. The situation wasn't improved when Scottie Pippen played the point and was able to get the ball moving on offense, something it has not been doing when Damon is on the floor. It hasn't gone unnoticed. The prohibiting factor on moving Damon may be the size of his contract versus his performance on the floor. The Blazers are pretty happy with what they are seeing with Bonzi Wells and Derek Anderson on the floor together, add that to Rasheed Wallace who's taken the advice of teammates to become the leader on the floor. Damon looks like the odd man out.

Thoughts? Who wants a diminutive yet explosive point guard for the Knicks?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
VG
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #68
Australia
11/10/2001  2:51 AM
I'd rather have Van Exel. Damon is too short and struggles defensively.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/10/2001  6:29 AM
Posted by VG:

I'd rather have Van too. But if Damon's available, then I'd take him.
We suck.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/10/2001  12:17 PM
Posted by MCfan23:
Posted by VG:

I'd rather have Van too. But if Damon's available, then I'd take him.
Guys - if Damon gets moved, there's gonna be a Damon (to Seattle),Brandon (to Portland),Payton (to Minny) swap. Or just a Damon-Payton swap. Those have been the prevelent rumors for the past year, in the tabloids, and that's what it's going to be. It's not going to happen if Payton keeps up the good behavior though. But Seattle wants Damon as it's young rebuilding PG. Also keeping this from going down is that Seattle and Portland are rivals, and furthermore Seattle feels slighted b/c Portland *stole* Ruben Patterson away from them for the exception, with Seattle getting no renumeration. Seattle supposedly had a trade in the works with Cleveland sending Patterson there for unknown players.

In short, do not expect Damon to come to the Knicks anytime soon, and I don't know if I'd want him, he's only 5'10"! (defensive liability)
Mighty mouse available?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy