Bad News for Raptors
Author Thread
keyindabox
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #562
USA
2/19/2004  12:42 PM
Carter injures ankle

Carter twisted the same ankle last season.
A frustrated Vince Carter thought about blaming the Spurs' Bruce Bowen for his latest injury. Carter was on crutches after injuring his left ankle in the fourth quarter of the Raptors' 86-82 loss to the Spurs on Feb. 18. He'll undergo an MRI exam Feb. 19. Carter, who scored a team-high 22 points, wondered whether Bowen intentionally tripped him up. "I question whether it was an accident or whether it was on purpose because it's not very often where you see somebody put their foot right under you like that," Carter said. The Spurs had already left the arena when Carter spoke. Carter was helped off the court after rolling his left ankle with 7:46 left in the fourth quarter. Carter missed the last six games of last season with a sprained left ankle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose: Four broken bones

The former Ironman Jalen Rose has four broken bones in his injured left hand, not just one as previously disclosed. The Feb. 18 Toronto Star reports Rose believes he suffered the injury the first day of training camp with the Bulls last fall. He's still expected to miss at least four weeks. A Feb. 10 surgery on the hand revealed the breaks. "I woke up and I was still on the table, and I was like, 'Hey, how long are we going to be here?'" Rose said. "And they said, 'Jalen, we thought it was, like, one (fracture) we had to fix, but it was four.'" Rose's 286-game playing streak was broken after he aggravated the injury against the Warriors on Feb. 8. He finished that game but missed the next start.
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
AUTOADVERT
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/19/2004  12:48 PM
Carter is turning out to be a very Fragile Player...
A shame.. cause he is so talented.
I'm glad we don't have to deal with his injuries...
Raptors are done without him in the lineup.
Anyone have a link or a pic of the Bowen incident?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/19/2004  12:53 PM
way to go Bowen!

just kidding. We would've passed them anyway.
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
2/19/2004  4:45 PM
the knicks are slighlty ahead of the raptors in the standings now.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/19/2004  11:33 PM
carter needs to shut his trap & check the tape. bowen went for the block, came down to the floor, then turned to the basket. he did'nt even see vince come down on his foot. the thing is when carter shoots he lands w/his feet in front of his body. when you do that, you run the risk of stepping on somebody on the way down. you can't let frustration get the better of you. particularly in the mouth of the media. bowen is one of the best defenders in the league period.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/19/2004  11:41 PM
Posted by hDavis:

the knicks are slighlty ahead of the raptors in the standings now.
next 4 games for the raptors:
nj
sac
nj
wash
bye-bye sixth place.
Bad News for Raptors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy