Author Thread
Nelly17
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #131
USA
11/9/2001  10:11 PM

From ESPN Insider:

Layden won't bail out the Knicks

"How bad are things in New York? Daddy Big Bucks has decided not to bail Jeff Van Gundy and company out of the royal mess they seem to be in.

Faced with the prospect of center Marcus Camby being out a long, long time, Knicks president Scott Layden has decided against bringing in a free-agent center such as Olden Polynice.

According to the New York Times, Camby may not return before December. "I'll have to get my conditioning up first and when my foot feels a little better, I'm going to just ease my way back into it," Camby told the Times. "I'm not going to do like I did last time. This time when I come back I'm going to definitely be more cautious so there won't be any reoccurrence."

That comment drew some raised eyebrows from his teammates. "I think mentally he has to get to the point where he's comfortable with taking some bumps and bruises," Allan Houston said.

"You can't really question him because you don't really know how a person's feeling," said Latrell Sprewell, who has been begging Layden for another big man. "But I understand why some people say it, looking at his history."

Nevertheless, Layden told Polynice's agent, Dwight Manley, that the team would stick with Felton Spencer until Camby returned. According to the New York Post, Cablevision CEO James Dolan may be pinching pennies -- something almost unheard of in New York."

Wow...what's going on! We can't play without a center untill December!!

AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/10/2001  5:59 AM
Maybe, just maybe, we have been offered a BIG trade come december 15th. That would be the upside of all of this. Reality is though our management/ownership isn't all that good. I would love a trade with the Blazers though if it could mean getting Wells and Randolph.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/10/2001  12:22 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Maybe, just maybe, we have been offered a BIG trade come december 15th. That would be the upside of all of this. Reality is though our management/ownership isn't all that good. I would love a trade with the Blazers though if it could mean getting Wells and Randolph.
I almost KNOW that some trade is gonna go down after DECEMBER 15th. Things just wouldn't make sense otherwise.
nykfan37
Member: #118
11/11/2001  12:27 AM
Yeah I know....when big trades are supposed to go down they always do! Remember the Big trade after the Ewing Trade! and The Big trade after the 2000 Draft! and the Big Trade after we got eisley and anderson! Yup they never happened but that's all you guys talked about
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
11/11/2001  10:01 AM
how about sprewell, thomas and camby for wells or anderon and sheed?
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/11/2001  11:03 AM
Why would Portland do that deal?
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/11/2001  11:31 AM
There's a possibility of Marc Jackson coming to new york in december since he wants out so bad. He would be nice, but we need something right now. We are struggling, but should pick it up once Sprewell and Houston get in a groove and when Camby comes back especially. Sprewell started the season great, but isn't shooting well now. That doesn't matter because you know Spree will always get his. Houston's the guy we need to get shooting well. Also, Weatherspoon is playing very well, but we definetly need to play a lot better.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/11/2001  11:32 AM
Posted by MCfan23:

I say gut the roster. It's trash, ever since Ewing left (he was trash too) - and Houston sucks (no heart) and Spree, I don't know about this guy anymore. He can't will us to victory...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/11/2001  2:01 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by MCfan23:

I say gut the roster. It's trash, ever since Ewing left (he was trash too) - and Houston sucks (no heart) and Spree, I don't know about this guy anymore. He can't will us to victory...

2 things: I say gut the roster too and start trading any of the players. Second, we're all going to have to stop talking about Portland trading Sheed. That guys is going nowhere as long as Shaq remains in LA. For that matter, Dale Davis is going nowhere with the Diesel in LA either. Portland can't get enough big men to throw fouls. Kemp isn't playing these days and there is a lack of big men with offensive or rebounding prowess. A Portland-New York player switch is a dream at best.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/11/2001  3:59 PM
Only deal with Portland I'd want is Zach Randolph and Bonzi Wells for any one they want from us besides Camby. Take your pick, fill the trade with what you want as long as it isn't long term and you've got yourself a deal.
What's wrong with Dolan?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy