[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A Great GM.
Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
2/18/2004  9:53 PM
I've been a sports fan for a long time. I can't thing of another time when a GM has so totally revamped a team during the season. Can anyone remember a team that has gone through more positive transitions during the season?

Is he done? Can he pull of another big trade? I think it would be difficult -but he's worked miracles so far - so I'm not betting against it.

Zekes taken some gambles and so far they've played out amazingly well. If he's right about TT and Nazr we're already in good shape. I think Rasheeds a head case but you're not gonna go from "lucky to be eight seed" to a contender without taking some major chances and Zeke seems to have the touch. Ok - I'm rambling but I'm just pretty amazed by what he's done.
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
2/18/2004  11:30 PM
I feel the same way about him... Normally no news is good news, but you can't help but be impressed from this guy. To think that Magic was the first choice...
TRU
Member: #196
USA
2/19/2004  6:22 AM
Posted by Mac:

I feel the same way about him... Normally no news is good news, but you can't help but be impressed from this guy. To think that Magic was the first choice...

Word. People refer to him as a "savvy business man" cause he owns a few movie theatres, a record label and a TV production company-- but all those business require is capital and a shrewd manager (which he hires, of course). Magic is an idiot. He certainly couldn't have had anywhere near the sucess of Isaiah.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/19/2004  8:29 AM
great minds think alike. no matter the amount of negativity from a couple of weeks ago you have to admit that zeke is doing an amazing job. i remember that before he took over the job the knicks were saddled with high paying contracts of bums. no talent bums. then he came in and traded people who were thought to be untradeable. in the beginning of the year, would you have thought that we would get rid of eisley, weatherspoon and van horn's ridiculous contracts? no. i was depressed into thinking that we had to deal with eisley bufoon-like point guard play for years to come. now we have a talented team that are winning and have some pride. i mean, talented players are considering taking the mid-level exception to be part of the winning atmosphere. you think if layzie was running the show that players would talk about going to new york? please. they have swagger that i have'nt seen since van gundy left. i mean the critics ( playa, cnadianfan, etc.) you have to give credit where credit is due. isaih is the best thing for the knicks right now. i feel so optimistic. the one thing i know is that they will make it to the playoffs this year. even if we get knocked out of the first round, i will still be content becuase i know zeke will do his REAL work in the summer. this time next year we will be eastern conference contenders.
A Great GM.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy