[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Steph is the man!
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
2/18/2004  1:44 PM
Nothing new here ... nothing that any Knick fan hasn't already seen ... but want to give Starbury his due. He has been awesome since coming over. Can't imagine what our record would be w/o him.

Don't want his accomplishments, or what he's likely to accomplish in his Knick's future, to get lost among TT - KVH debates. (By the way, IMO IT has won a lot of credibility in a short time. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this deal.)

I've said this before on this board ... you win a lot of games when you've got the best player on the court. Unless he's off, or someone else is having a night where everything they throw up goes in, Steph is showing he's going to be the best player on the court most nights. It's a huge comfort to know we've got him through, what, 2110?, and that he's young enough that he'll likely be playing at a high level for all those years.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/18/2004  1:55 PM
Steph truly is the reason on the court we are doing so well. Guys are intimidated by him and that in itself is amazing, these are grown men out there!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/18/2004  4:27 PM
Posted by playa2:

Steph truly is the reason on the court we are doing so well. Guys are intimidated by him and that in itself is amazing, these are grown men out there!

which surprises me that you would want F.Williams to take his minutes
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/18/2004  4:47 PM
stop trying to confuse him with logic
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/18/2004  5:34 PM
I think this guy is Playa is probably some poor Janitor from the Sticks who is obsessed with his H.S. team going far and is using this board to fill his empty life... Dude does not have one positive contribution to this board... So many of us are sick of reading his lame examples that try to play some kind of "spoiler" for us Real fans who love the Knicks..
Jerk!
Who out there is as sick of his useless rambles as I am?
Hardcore.. raise your hand! lol
anyone else?

[Edited by - nyvector16 on 02/18/2004 17:39:56]
keyindabox
Member: #562
USA
2/18/2004  5:39 PM

Do I need to say more?
"I usually mess up, but I learn. I come back sronger. Everyone changes, becomes better people. We all should get that chance. I just want my chance."-Tupac Shakur
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/18/2004  5:45 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

anyone else?

here here
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
2/18/2004  5:55 PM
All playa is saying is that - picture this team with Rasheed Wallace and a better Frank starting. Frank has untapped potential and Sheed isn't a sure thing come summer ... He just wants some recognition for that idea and claims the Marbury move was of pure greed motive...

... Don't underestimate the power of a good organizational culture... Ask any business major. Marbury opened the door to possibly signing him for nothing...

I think the best case scenario is Wallace in the off-season, something that Wallace and others are more willing to do.

I mean, remember when you were ashamed to root for the Knicks? Same with the players...
nyvector16
USA
2/18/2004  6:00 PM
I think it's obvious all the good that Marbury brings to the court, the team, and NYC in general...
Sheed or any other big name would have nothing to do with NY before.. but they see that we can actually win now... With Marbury.. None of this good would actually be happening without him.. Frank in his wildest dreams will never be the athlete and superstar Marbury is.
What the hell is the point of even talking about this?
I'm just sick of his negative spins, and his obvious statements when trying to win over newbiees to his method of thinking...
Don't be fooled...
This guy is NOT a Knicks fan...

[Edited by - nyvector16 on 02/18/2004 18:02:19]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/18/2004  6:12 PM
Posted by Mac:

All playa is saying is that - picture this team with Rasheed Wallace and a better Frank starting. Frank has untapped potential and Sheed isn't a sure thing come summer ... He just wants some recognition for that idea and claims the Marbury move was of pure greed motive...

Thanks for posting the truth of what my opinion is, it took somebody who now lives outrside of NY to "TRULY" HAVE AN UNBIAS OPINION and understands you don't have to homogenize with other fans opinions just to be a REAL KNICK FAN.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BigRedDog
Member: #569
2/18/2004  9:07 PM
[quote]
Posted by Mac:

All playa is saying is that - picture this team with Rasheed Wallace and a better Frank starting. He just wants some recognition for that idea and claims the Marbury move was of pure greed motive...

(/quote]

What exactly does this mean?--A better Frank? Pure greed?
This is pure garbage. Are you speaking japanese? Maybe it lost something in the translation.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
2/18/2004  9:11 PM
Thanks for the input...dog. You never fail to humor us with your wit.

[Edited by - mac on 02/18/2004 21:13:22]
BigRedDog
Member: #569
2/18/2004  9:27 PM
Mac you never fail to humor me with your "knowledge" of basketball.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/18/2004  9:35 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

I think this guy is Playa is probably some poor Janitor from the Sticks who is obsessed with his H.S. team going far and is using this board to fill his empty life... Dude does not have one positive contribution to this board... So many of us are sick of reading his lame examples that try to play some kind of "spoiler" for us Real fans who love the Knicks..
Jerk!
anyone else?

Yo, yo, yo!

Yeah but once you become accustomed to the haters on this board (and others), you need only ingore them until you feel like verbally smacking someone. The key is to not pay them the attention they need to exist.

There's too many postitive things going on to worry about what any idiot hater thinks or says. Just keep on rooting for the Knicks. For the first time in a long time, we can be proud to do that. We no longer have a management team that slacks. Isiah wants the same things we want: Solid players, good vibes, an exiting team, and a CHAMPIONSHIP.

GO KNICKS!!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/18/2004  9:38 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

Jerk!
anyone else?

This guy has been an a-hole for a long time now. He used to be on the Daily News Forum posting stupid things too.

The only thing you need to know about him, is that he thought that Layden and Chaney were going to turn the Knicks around! LOL!
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/18/2004  9:43 PM
Playa will eventually have to agree that eveything Thoms has done so far is good, he can't argue with the facts. As for his negativity, he just likes to say things that are the oppostie of the general opinion, this is the way he gets attention. When eveveybody hated the management and the team he defended it. Now that everybody likes it he is against it. Its either a persona he likes to play on the forum, or just a real bad need of attention, or the two things put together. Either way taking him seriosly is a waste of time. Once in a while he says some good things, but thats very rare. At least he stopped posting under 25 different names recently. Props to the mods for taking care of that.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/18/2004  9:43 PM
Oh yeah GoNY, LOL that cat will NEVER live that madness down. Who in their right mind would be backwards enough to not see how idiotic LayDown and Chaney were? After how many chances? The true sign of a mental weakling is when after they are proved so blatantly wrong, all they do is nitpick at the positives going on.

To hell with the haters! GO KNICKS!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
nyvector16
USA
2/18/2004  10:10 PM
I was having a rough day at work today! LOL
Had to vent on the fool...
Last time I waste my time on him though...
Thanks for the input fellas...
Keep it real!
bernard
Member: #475
2/19/2004  11:27 AM
How did this turn into a Playa-bashing thread? Whole point was to honor Steph and not get distracted by everything else going on (in and out of this forum). Let's make sure we appreciate what we have.

Along those lines, what do you think was Steph's best move since coming to the Knicks. I'll nominate that spin move where he sliced through three guys at full speed and then hit a heavily contested layup while getting fouled in the Clips game a week ago Sunday.
bsw3
Member: #589
2/19/2004  6:34 PM
that three he banked in against the hawks wasn't really a "move" but it still was a helluva play..
Steph is the man!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy