How will the knicks play after deadline
Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/18/2004  11:00 AM
The pressure is on to perform or get shipped out, so after the deadline will production, energy, focus, desperation going for loose balls etc.. drop off knowing that they actually made the team . Some guys are only playing hard to not get traded.

Boy I hope this doesn't happen!

[Edited by - playa2 on 02/21/2004 11:11:13]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/18/2004  11:03 AM
If the Knicks wanted to trade Houston it wouldn't matter if he was on the injury list or not. I think most of the Knicks are Pros, and will play hard anyway.

What Knicks do you think are playing hard right now because they don't want to be traded? Othella always plays hard....he is the hardest working player on the team. Kurt has played this way the whole year...so has Deke. Sweetney...even if his play drops off he is only getting like 1 minute a game. Shandon?....he hasn't played any different all year.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/18/2004  11:10 AM
well by sunday, we should definitely be in 6th place. we have two very winnable games (utah and cle) while toronto has a BRUTAL schedule (spurs, kings, nets)

[Edited by - djsunyc on 02/18/2004 11:10:50]
LJStillGrandmama
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #380
USA
2/18/2004  11:16 AM
My god... everyday its something new with you. It's completely idiotic to think Houston sat out just so that he wouldn't be traded.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
If anyone knows of a SMART Knicks forum, with lots of activity, and minus people like PLAYA... holla at your boy.
bernard
Member: #475
2/18/2004  11:21 AM
When I read the title of your thread, thought you were going the other way with it ... that IT's mad trading has everyone on edge and they'll relax and play better once they know this is their team. That seems as good a possibility as them relaxing and playing less hard.

Couple of observations: Playing for the Knicks is fun now. The team is winning. It has energy. The garden is electric. Steph is leading like JKidd. You get open, he'll get you the ball. Come crunch time, he'll take the big shots and make more than his share. That environment will keep people playing hard. They're just having fun doing it. Don't need fear of trade to motivate. Unselfish, hard play is contagious, especially if your best player is playing that way. And if the fellas do need extra motivation, this team is very deep. So they'll be playing for minutes, for their next contract, to keep from being traded in the off-season.

What I foresee is the team getting better and better. They still don't know each other very well. Winning now primarily on talent (primarily Steph's). Give em a couple of months, and they'll be really dangerous.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/18/2004  11:57 AM
When we are trading players before the deadline its bad because it creates anxiety, when the eadlien is past its bad cause they will become complacent w/out the threat. Can I ask you a question playa, when is there a good situation?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
playa2

2/18/2004  12:14 PM
Posted by simrud:

When we are trading players before the deadline its bad because it creates anxiety, when the eadlien is past its bad cause they will become complacent w/out the threat. Can I ask you a question playa, when is there a good situation?

Never until we win it all. Just watch a week or so after the deadline is over.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/18/2004  12:25 PM
...and when the Knicks win the majority of those games over the next week, the haters will be silent, having crawled back to their cracks and crevices like the wretched roaches they are.

...While the REAL Fans keep ROOTING for the Knicks to continue striving for excellence.

Yeah, we know the drill.

GO KNICKS!!!

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/18/2004 12:26:13]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

2/18/2004  1:47 PM
Core you can't be that confident yet, you don't even know who's gonna be here to finish out the yr. If he over trades and ruins the chemistry you darn tootin i'm gonna say something. Right now steph is covering up a lot of our weaknesses. When teams figure out what we do then we will need other ballers to step up.
TheSage
Member: #386
2/18/2004  2:37 PM
A star always covers up a team"s other deficiencies. How does San Antonio stack up in rebounding without Duncan,how many games do the Nets win without Kidd, or Houston without Ming.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
2/18/2004  3:05 PM
Posted by TheSage:

A star always covers up a team"s other deficiencies. How does San Antonio stack up in rebounding without Duncan,how many games do the Nets win without Kidd, or Houston without Ming.

Sage... On point, once again.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

2/18/2004  3:50 PM
Posted by TheSage:

SAGE, notice ming and duncan are big men, kidd is the only guy under 6'5 that does what he does. Marbury is a "super talent" and has yet to do what kidd has done at the pg position take his team to the finals.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/18/2004  5:30 PM
Kidd never took his team to the finals until he got to the Nets... and Marbury just got here...
You are a joke Playa... for real...
playa2

2/18/2004  6:06 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

Kidd never took his team to the finals until he got to the Nets... and Marbury just got here...
You are a joke Playa... for real...
And what does that makes you for answering me
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/18/2004  6:08 PM
It only emphasizes the fact that you are not looking to have positive discusions about the Knicks...

Get out of this board you Pacers Fan!
Jerk...
playa2

2/18/2004  6:17 PM
You are a clown for saying I'm not a knick fan. Ha ha I was one of the few who wanted the knicks to win even thru their lean yrs. Go back and read post from last yr you will be amazed. nd someof the same clows you cheer with now couldn't say anything postive about the knicks EVER, now they are acting like they loved them all along. Go back to sleep son, you don't know me
playa2

2/19/2004  6:18 PM
The trading is over the pressure of getting traded is gone, now we will all see how well we play when Houston comes back. He is weak on Defense but the knicks will need his shooting in the 4th qtr to relieve Marbury from jacking up shots all the time. I wanna see how Lenny includes TT and Nazr with out hindering the good play of harrington and KT.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/19/2004  7:06 PM
Playa, Knick fans always want the kNicks to win. Over the lst 2 years, you were throwing your support at a management that was taking the team in the wrong direction! Now that IT is here with Wilkens and they are good, you are being critical. That is the problem.

Anyway, I see NY going 17-10 the rest of the way. That leaves them at 43-39. Will it be good enough for 5th? I think it will be close. If we get Detroit, so be it. With a healthy Houston, NY can beat anyone in the East.
playa2

2/19/2004  7:32 PM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Playa, Knick fans always want the kNicks to win. Over the lst 2 years, you were throwing your support at a management that was taking the team in the wrong direction! Now that IT is here with Wilkens and they are good, you are being critical. That is the problem.

Anyway, I see NY going 17-10 the rest of the way. That leaves them at 43-39. Will it be good enough for 5th? I think it will be close. If we get Detroit, so be it. With a healthy Houston, NY can beat anyone in the East.

Gony I supported the team , you guys made up the "im in love with layden crap" I couldn't get him fired so I cheered on the team. I will always be for the team regardless of who is in the front office. Knick 4 life
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
2/19/2004  7:35 PM
I am gonna push the envelope a bit and say the Knicks will go 19-8 the rest on the season. With the pressure of the deadline off of them, they can concentrate on winning games.

I'd like to see the Knicks get as far as they can in the playoffs, and beat all comers, Especially Detroit.

I want to see goddamn Detroit crash and burn in the playoffs. I would love for the Knicks to be the ones to knock their asses out in whatever round we see them.
Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
How will the knicks play after deadline

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy